From: "Karma" >
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: There's Something About Mary

As a witness to the destruction and devistation that occurred
years ago in rec.gardens.roses, I was quite interested to see what
was happening when I was made aware that an eerily similar
situation was happening in some of the cat groups. It only took a
few moments to verify that the poster responsible for all of the
garbage in the cats groups is the very same troll that invaded
the rose group so long ago.

These facts are posted as a public service so that you know what
you're dealing with, especially if you plan on complaining to
"Mary's" ISPs. *ALL* of the following information is public domain
and was very easy to find.

Mary S aka Nancy Carter Moore (and many more Usenet IDs, as you'll
see) is a seasoned Usenet troll. You be the judge. This
information is being shared with you to let you know that her
mission since 1998 is to destroy newsgroups. Particularly groups
in the Big Eight hierarchy. She has a problem with groups that she
feels are a social group and sets out to make it her own private
chat by bringing in troll friends to destroy it. If you've been
reading this group for any length of time, the perpetrator should
be obvious. She has already threatened to do the same thing to
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes and rec.food.cooking now that she's been
successful in rec.pets.cats.health&behav, and before that,
rec.gardens.roses.

Her antics in 2 Big Eight groups over what looks to be the last
few years (rec.pets.cats.health+behav & rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
have resulted in history repeating itself. Nancy's only goal is
to disrupt, turn regular posters against one another, and make the
groups unreadable. She thrives on discontent and hatred. It seems
that Nancy found this hard to do in rpca because it appears that
the regulars have a "different" -and EFFECTIVE- way of dealing
with trolls, and it seems she was actually liked by a few (who
apparently hadn't seen the vicious side she showed on the other
cat group). In rpch&b this obviously hasn't been the case. Since
rpch&b looks to be borderline volatile, it was easy for her to
disrupt by making "friends" with those who agree with her and
making enemies of those she decides not to approve of, bring in
outside troll friends, and then set in motion the wheels that spin
her hatred, anger and unhappy life even more. This behavior is the
same behavior that she's exhibited for years, as is evident in the
quotes here.

The links that follow prove that Mary has posted under numerous
names, email addresses and accounts over the last several years.

Some of "Mary"/Nancy's IDs and sock puppets. There are probably
many more:

Mary:

Celeste Meadowbrook / Joan Hunter:

<http://makeashorterlink.com/?O2C536D6B>

Shiva:
<http://makeashorterlink.com/?T1572117B>

Some of the links referenced below prove her identity based on the
content of what she's posted, some prove it because of the common
phrases she uses no matter "who" she is posting as. She delights
in posting personal information of others and seems to think she
is untouchable with regard to her own personal information. Her's
are all listed at the bottom of this article.

The following links are irrefutable evidence that Mary, Celeste,
Shiva, Joan, etc are all really Nancy Carter Moore trolling Usenet
under different names for literally years.

---------------------------------------

These are some very recent threats made by Mary aka Nancy Carter
Moore. Hiding behind anonymous news servers doesn't make one as
anonymous as one might think, though it may make them bold enough
to make threats like these:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1E42517B

<<
From: "Mary" >
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Re: In Support of Monica Towle, Animal Abuse Advocate
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:12:12 -0400

There is not much I can do, but I tend to be resourceful so the
parties involved may rest assured that I will do everything I can
to see that this intolerable, cruel, and abusive situation is
resolved as soon as possible. Happily, the identities of the
parties involved are a matter of public record.

Dan Mahoney, his wife Nancy Mahoney, and Monica Towles will be
held responsible for what happens to this cat.

--------end copy&paste----------

Another recent threat

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X3F42317B
<<
From: "Mary" >
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Subject: Re: Don't be fooled...
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:20:59 -0400

Those of you who are telling me to "take this offline" had better
think about what you are saying. It really is not a good idea.

--------end copy&paste----------

Now she is threatening to destroy rec.pets.cats.anecdotes - a
perfectly friendly group; an anomaly on Usenet - by bringing in
newly created troublemakers and a few old troll friends.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?R2053417B

<<
From: "Mary" >
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Subject: Re: Conan adopted by triple-PhD family with 12,000 sq.
ft. home! Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:53:48 -0400

> "Candace" > wrote in message
> oups.com...

> > Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> >
> > > That is the issue that gives rise to my continuing interest
> > > in Dan's Usenet career. Rather than be upset, I think it is
> > > better just to hang out in RPCA and warn newbies about what
> > > a ****head Dan is. It will be fun and entertaining.
> >
> > Only problem with that is there are hardly any newbies in the
> > Stepford Group. Their clique-y-ness and inside jokes/info
> > make it user-unfriendly to most new people who venture in
> > there.

But you know, this could change. It may be time for it to change.
It is never good for people to get to proprietary over newsgroups.
One would not want the sweet people at anecdotes to truly believe
that they have a right to control the content of the group. That
would not be fair to them. It would only mean a ruder awakening
later on. There are, after all, anecdotes about cats in many
groups. We wouldn't want the rpca folks to miss any.

Another thought: when they post recipes, I think we should
share them with the cooking groups! We could make many
more people happy this way!

Spreading happiness is a good thing. :) I am feeling happier
already.

--------end copy&paste----------

History

The groups that Mary, I mean Nancy has trolled are varied and
diverse, including rec.gardens.roses, alt.suicide.holiday,
alt.hahaha, alt.genealogy. Her "home" group was alt.troll.

How did this outing get started? Read the following post and
you'll see how Mary outed herself. Her beloved Gnarly is now over
the rainbow bridge, but Buddha is alive and well. Remember the
name of her friend Suzanne. It will be important later:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?D1F551D6B

<<
From: Celeste >
Subject: Roses from Paradise
Date: 1999/10/28
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.roses

Hey, Suzanne, I'm amazed, Scentimental, Octoberfest, Nicole and
Jude the Obscure all arrived this morning, and you just mailed
them Tues. afternoon!! They are in great shape, all handling
parties apparently heeded your "this end up" commands, and they
will be in the ground by Saturday morning. (I have meetings and a
lonnng fundraiser/dinner tonight, but they get first priority
tomorrow.) Buddha and Gnarly thank you for the gourmet tidbits,
also. By the way, did you know that you left one of your bakery
aprons in the bottom of the box? I'm guessing that was a chocolate
eclair day? :)

--------end copy&paste----------

"Mary" got her start posting to alt.hahaha in 1998 as Nancy
Carter, her real name, well, maiden name. Here under her real name
are also her first posts to the genealogy groups --
alt.genealogy.methods and alt.genealogy. Her work is research for
genealogy. At first glance she seems like a pleasant poster. There
are too many of her posts to go through during the brief months
that she posted as Nancy Carter > to
see exactly why she wasn't considered a pleasant poster, but
notice that many other members have decided that her
behavior is trollish:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X14523D6B

Even after changing Usenet names a year later, she still
frequented alt.hahaha as "Celeste" with the same venomous attitude
and sociopath behavior.
---------------------------------------

Here we find her learning how to troll on alt.troll:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?S45523D6B

We know she's a genealogy weenie from her posting history in the
genealogy newsgroups.
Nancy's resume:
http://genealogypro.com/nfcarter.html which now redirects to the
current ad):
http://genealogypro.com/ncmoore.html
If this has been removed, try archive.org:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://genealogypro.com/nfcarter.html

Here is a previous outing of Nancy Carter Moore from the archives.
Yes, she's been at this for years.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L18523D6B

<<
From: News Reader >
Subject: Re: Disruptive Troll Warning!
Date: 2000/04/17
Newsgroups: alt.suicide.holiday

In article >, Celeste
> wrote:
>

>News Reader wrote:
>>
>> >Be nice or I will take away your meds.
>>
>> Would they be the ones that Nancy's on? You remember Nancy,
>> Nancy Carter, Nancy Carter Moore,
>> (when she forgets to take the "celeste-type meds"?)
>>

>Oh!! You have me! That's me, all right. Oy!

Yeah, you never should have posted from those "clear" AT&T
modems in Raleigh back in March. Eventually you all trip
yourselves up (even changing to your married name in, oh, when
was it? March, April 98?)

--------end copy&paste----------

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N57512D6B

<<
"Part 1: After kicking the rose people, the 'fat' people, the cat
people, the teeny-bopper people, the wienie-chopper people,
the comedy people, the suicide people, the troll people, the
depressed people, and only DEJA knows what OTHER people for year
after year.....and THEN being OUTED....then being
EXPOSED...........then being DRAGGED OUT from the wall of altopia
anonymity you are still PATHETICALLY CLINGING TO, you cannot just
one day come clean and ALL IS FORGIVEN just because you tell STILL
ANOTHER LIE. No, Madame Bitterfly, things don't work that way.
The chickens have come home to roost!!! "

--------end copy&paste----------

Trolling suicidal people is another of Nancy's favorite pasttimes:

While ASH isn't a suicide support group, it is frequented
by teens and others that are either suicidal, or curious about the
act. "Celeste" has been quoted as "egging on" a suicidal person
to complete the act.

There are many more like this one:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L2A512D6B

<<
From: Celeste >
Subject: Re: Suicide partner
Date: 2000/02/09
Newsgroups: alt.suicide.holiday

> Hello a.s.h. readers,
>
> This is my first posting to this newsgroup, so if this message
> is inappropriate for this group, please accept my apologies.
> Also, this message is only for people determined to kill
> themselves, so if this is not your desire, you can stop reading
> now.
>
> I am planning on committing suicide, and I've been thinking
> about this for quite some time (years), it's not some impulse
> decision. But, and this may sound a bit bizarre to some I guess,
> I would like to do this together with someone else. So, if
> someone else has similar wishes, please get in touch with me. I
> live in Norway, so it would be best if you live somewhere near
> (by this I mean Northern Europe, I am willing to do some
> travelling / alternatively pay for your ticket to get here, if
> funds are tight)
>
> Any serious replies are welcome, send me a mail and we can
> arrange it. Do-gooders and trolls, save yourself the trouble and
> go on to the next posting.
>
> Yours,
> Dan

You are really ****ed up, and a wusssssss, too.

--------end copy&paste----------

After doing some digging I discovered that she resumed her trolling to
the genealogy groups as Genjunkie and Mary.

Near the end of the genealogy group era when she was basically
"ignored" out, she found the cat groups and posted for a while as
Mary > but when she lost her Road Runner
account, changed it to Mary >, and
then later to her current ID as Mary > and
there was even a SPAM block in the domain to make it
> just for a little mix. Mary S is for
Mary Smith, her husband (Mark) is referred to as John Smith. How
cute.

-------------------------------------

Sex change? Check it out!!1!!
http://makeashorterlink.com/?M2B525D6B
http://makeashorterlink.com/?R29512D6B

---------------------------------------

<<
From: (Tsunam5724)
Subject: Re: Message for Theoni Kallandra
Date: 1999/07/05
Newsgroups: alt.support.srs

Seven wrote:

>I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I don't know if it is or
>isn't the same Celeste that used to post here, but if it is, you
>should know that she won the KoTm award last July or August
>(usenet Kook of the Month).

heheh, that news does not surprise us in the least. And believe
me, it _is_ the very same Celeste - we've read through a number of
her posts on this group (under the screen name),
and can verify this is the same person - well versed, but totally
crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's incredible how such an insane person as this "Celeste" can
actually be permitted to give advice to new transexual's. IMO,
the last thing people need...those who are struggling with
identity problems or whatever....is an insane creature such as
"Celeste" in their life. Anyway, Seven - we thank you for your
help and concern.

--------end copy&paste----------

Nancy and her troll friends have often been the subject of
conversations at the NANAU news group.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?H2E542D6B

<<
From: Rebecca Ore >
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet
Subject: Re: Another Hipcrime flood...
Date: 29 May 2001 12:31:53 -0400

"Any one who goes in and deliberately infuriates people and does
so for years on end, I really don't have a whole lot of sympathy
if it leaks out beyond usenet. Growing roses is part of the real
lives of the people in rec.gardens.roses. Some of them are Usenet
saavy; most are not. They're not interested in playing flamer
games; they're interested in meeting other rose group people.

Someone decided a group dedicated to discussing roses was so rude
to her that she had to destroy it.

And has been so obscessed with the group that she's hammered on it
for over two years. The people I know think that the one thing
that keeps the stalking from becoming something like David
D'Amato's stalking is that they do know who the person is in RL."

I don't I blame them for thinking this. They're not despammers,
they're not abuse fighters, they don't hang out in the flame
groups. They didn't volunteer to have their lives invaded by the
levels of crap they've had hit them. If someone wanted to
vandalize their newsgroup for years on end, would it stop with
just vandalizing their Usenet space, or would this go to
vandalizing more than that?

And why should they believe in flamer ethics?

Maybe the boundaries were firmer than they thought, but I believe
this person was capable of going further. Given that the person
has decided she had the right to destroy a Usenet Big Eight group
because people who were using it at a given point in time were
rude to her, I can see why they might have worried that the
activities wouldn't stop with binary floods, text floods, and, as
it appears, NewsAgent runs.

If a person is willing to back away from condoning these things,
stops posting addresses of people and their spouses, and plays
better, even if not completely nice, I am in favor of giving them
additional chances. But "I'm going to run NewsAgent here because
they were rude to me" isn't acceptable to me.

--------end copy&paste----------

Some very good advice from NANAU. Any group that Nancy
becomes involved in turns into a troll haven. Now, 5 years later,
RGR hasn't really recovered from the mess it was when Nancy was
actively involved. Do you want the cat groups to become like that?

Read the whole thread. Good read.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2945617B

<<
From: Rebecca Ore >
Subject: Re: Whatever you call it, how can we stop it?
Date: 2000/07/31
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.usenet

Stephen K. Gielda > writes:

[Stephen's full post is pasted in because it's important here]
> If you post headers I'm sure someone will translate them for
> you. But I poked my head into that newsgroup and from what it
> looks like you will never get rid of them.

> The reason: No one can sit on their fingers and ignore them,
> everyone has to respond. What that does is escalate it and
> invite more trolls. It's so bad it is hard to tell who is
> trolling who and I'm sure that is what any isp you complain too
> is going to see. If you want it to stop you have to get the
> group to stop responding.
>
> It's amazing, a simple concept but so many groups are truly
> incapable of not responding. For that they bring it on
> themselves.

Rec.garden.roses is one of the most studied news groups by
trollogists and trolls of any on Usenet. I've seen 5 page reports
on the dynamics there. The irony is that a group of rosarians
decided that the place was their social home, not a place for
random strangers to ask newbie questions about roses. Discussions
of everyone's pets were preferable to having messy neos tracking
around the place. Running neos off worked until one proved to be
a troll with roses.

The group worked very hard to get its new playmates, and was told
from the beginning (last year) that the only cure was to not
respond to trolls and not to run off newbies who were interrupting
their conversations about their golf games to ask rose questions.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net

--------end copy&paste----------

Here, one of Nancy's sock puppets lies and tries to OUT her "good
friend" Suzanne as being "Celeste", aka Nancy Carter Moore.
(more roses?) has obviously either posted
x-no-archive, or cancelled the post, but it is quoted, ironically,
by Shiva, another NCM sock puppet. Suzanne is allegedly the one
who outed Nancy because she had her mailing address and real name
when she sent Nancy a package containing the roses and the treats
for Gnarly and Buddha. This post shows that NCM will stop at
nothing, including making false accusations to get revenge.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P20611D6B

<<
Subject: Re: Here She Is!
Date: 2000/08/07
Newsgroups:
rec.gardens.roses,alt.troll,alt.suicide.holiday,al t.usenet.kooks

On Sun, 06 Aug 2000 22:05:24 -0400, wrote:

>Here's the bored, drunk housewife who wrecked rgr:
>
>Suzanne Thompson
> XXX W. J. Street, [HIDDEN] IL, XXXXX
> tel.: XXX-XXX-XXXX
>
>She used to post under the name "Celeste," and duped a bunch of
>suicidal people into harassing one Nancy Carter Moore by posting
>in her name. Now this is a bitch. Tell Dan what you think!
>
>Danny boy hates her guts, but he hires the handicapped. Call and
>tell him what you think about what his wife Suzanne has done to
>rgr.
>
>More to come

What does this have to do with trolling? YOU are OT. Now **** off.

--------end copy&paste----------

Do Suzanne's words sound familiar? Anyone?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?F32815E6B

<<
From: (Silvirado)
Subject: Re: OT
Date: 2000/05/12
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.roses

>From: Rob & Laura Porter

> I just (sob) want to read about roses and garden-stuff (wail),
> please don't send me away...... : (

Nobody is sending you away. They are trying to let you know that
by chatting with Celeste, you prolong the game. And we are all
tired of the game.

>Laura -- besides, what do I care if Celeste likes fat men
>or kinky sex, or harassing people on a newsgroup called
>alt.suicide.holiday?

As Regina said, it IS understandable that you don't know or care
about the background here, that doesn't make it go away!
This woman has divided friends, hurt people and trashed this NG
for over a year. So it matters to us. Just skip the posts
regarding the matter if they bore you, and do stick around,

Suzanne

--------end copy&paste----------

Allegations of threats in private email:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P3B722E6B

<<
From: "News" >
Subject: Re: VRS t-shirt?
Date: 2000/05/16
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.roses

Nancy Carter Moore aka Celeste > (formerly
) wrote in message

> > she is was able to disturb you..
> >
> > only a year after date???
>
> Tell me, Guido, exactly what am I doing? Hmmm? Really now, I
> want someone to spell it out. What am I doing Except talking
> about roses? The answer is even more amazing, my friend. But
> you know that.
:)

GUIDO! I got some private email threats I was wondering if you'd
take a look at for me. Apparently, Nancy's latest ploy...

dazzler

--------end copy&paste----------

Same thread, Mary, I mean Celeste, I mean Nancy Carter Moore
changes the subject line to ask Guido about his recently deceased
father in an effort to upset him. The "nicey nice tone" is phony.
Read it all in context. Be sure to read more of that thread and
find out that "Mary"/Nancy was named Governor's Appointee to
Historical Commission. I wonder if they know about her other life
as an Internet Troll?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?O3C741E6B
<<
From: Celeste >
Subject: Ot Guido's Dad
Date: 2000/05/19
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.roses

"Guido J. van den Elshout" wrote:

> Alice Flores wrote:
>
> > In article >, Celeste
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > What's the matter, Guido?
> >
> > ***** Nothing is the matter. Guido's just taking your advice
> > and "using his head."
>
> :-)

How are you and your family coping without your father, Guido? Has
the pain eased somewhat? I hope so.

--------end copy&paste----------

One of her troll friends from ASH comes to RGR to help her troll
the group (anonymous COTSE trolls are always around when Celeste
is around. Sound familiar?)

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C1E726E6B
<<
From: "wicker" >
Subject: Ping Celeste
Date: 2000/05/24
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.roses

Celeste, I do hope you are planning on returning to
alt.suicide.holiday. Our work there is not finished. I'm looking
forward to your posts.
-----
All hail to wicker, King of Pickle up His Butt!
wicker >
NetKKKop of alt.suicide.holiday

--------end copy&paste----------

Nancy's usual way of letting people know that everyone other than
her is crazy.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?R2D732E6B
<<
From: Celeste >
Subject: Re: Truth Follows Fiction
Date: 1999/11/28
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.roses

Rubrifolia wrote:

> my first response to the orginal post was to wonder if y'all
> werent taking your meds....but now it seems I am missing
> something buried in the innuendo......someone want to s'plain,
> please.... Lisa

You don't want to know, friend. It is a kind of shared psychosis.
Do YOU believe in the GREAT TROLL CONSPIRACY?? Muuu hahahaha! Run
like the wind, Lisa! Or, post about roses, that would be a welcome
change over the bulk of the posts of the last few days. :)

--------end copy&paste----------

And one more eyeful of just what most of Usenet thought of Nancy
Carter Moore, aka Mary, aka Celeste, aka Joan, aka Marie, aka
Genjunkie, aka Shiva.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V50B2107B
<<
From: lms >
Subject: Re: blackened canes ($ my my my my my)
Date: 2000/05/11
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.roses

In article >, Monroe says...

> [...]
>hahahahaha, all Billary visions and dreams...ovah. Ovah and out.
>
>You're going to love this for the second time, troll:
>

>"In article >, Linda Thompson
> > wrote:
>
><snip> a total bunch of crap, but the good stuff follows, it was
>written by our good friend News Reader. And noooooo, Nancy, get
>off your paranoid horse, and don't be blaming any 'friend' you
>publicly stabbed in the back either, you creep. You coward. You
>liar. Let's all break wind the next time it says Piedmont,
>whaddyasay? How's your Angel Face today, hmmmmm, Nancy?
>Contorted right now, I'll bet. hahahahahaha
>
>But I digress. (It's so easy to get sidetracked.): Here's the
>beef:
>
>News Reader wrote:
>
> You _really_ don't want to get caught in the middle of this one.
> Nancy has taken great pleasure when other's identity has been
> pointed out, while hiding behind altopia's posting policy.
>
> So, Nance, how are all your fellow commision members going to
> react when they find out that their "Public Relations" committee
> member is taunting suicidal people?
> How are _you_ going to reply when they ask you about Dan and
> Norway? Why don't we _all_ tell
> them, just to make sure they get the message, after all, _their_
> addresses are "out there" as well. All
> your favourites, like
>
> Ann Suggs >,
> Thomas Alexander >,
> Robin Pugh >,
> Collin Ingraham >,
> Ellen Turco >,
> Ed Davis >,
> John Lane Jr. >,
> Ed Morris >,
> Camille Morrissey >
>
> and, of course, not forgetting
>
> Mark A. Moore (Mr Celeste) > and
> > and >, he is a
> "digital information specialist" after all, so should enjoy
> receiving your digital comments.
>
> Those who want to meet "celeste" in the flesh should mowsey on
> down to Room 700 at the Wake County Courthouse, Raleigh, North
> Carolina, any second Tuesday of the month (9th May next, for
> those with no diary) at 3.30pm - all meetings are open to the
> public! Ask for the District 5 rep. If you can't wait that long
> and would like to express your unbiased opinion of her sooner,
> contact details are still available at
> http://genealogypro.com/nfcarter.html.
>
> Now, where's that e-mail address for the The News & Observer?
>
>> Should I say "DOH!"
>> here?
>
>Of course you should."
>

> What a great line that was.
> If nothing else, it needs to be stopped before any more public
> trust is bestowed upon it. Is this a no-brainer? Or what?
> Does the world need a Senator Celeste?
> I don't thinkso. I guess the only mystery left is what the F
> stands for. I can only guess.
>
> m or not m?
>
> here's my sig:
> 'If I don't get a good response, I'll have to repost this. Do

here's one right outa the cessy's book:
Monroe, I like your style!!!!

--------end copy&paste----------

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Personals (all public domain information, some provided by Nancy
herself):

>From her resume:

(She recently lost her RR account, so this email
is no longer valid)
744 Currituck Drive, Raleigh NC 27609, USA
Tel: (919) 637-0702

The Coleman Group Inc
304 Glenwood Av, Raleigh, NC 27603
(919) 828-5075

Her Boss:

Edwin Coleman, Jr.
425 N Bloodworth St
Raleigh, NC 27604-1223
Tel.: (919) 832-5014

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Husband that she met at alt.personals.fat
<http://makeashorterlink.com/?W67615D6B>, oh wait, just kidding.
Met probably at the Historical Society where they both work:

Mark A Moore
744 Currituck Dr
Raleigh, NC 27609-6320
Tel.: (919) 510-9510

Moore, Mark Anderson Archives & History
Admin. 919-807-7292

And all of this is just the tip of the iceburg...
-------

Candace
June 14th 06, 03:21 AM
Fritz Wuehler wrote:
> Know your Trolls
>
> Cybercat aka Mary aka Nancy aka Celeste aka Shiva Etc. has been
> up to her old tricks.
> It is time for a repost.

*yawn*

Old news but thanks for sharing.

Candace

Kitkat
June 14th 06, 04:15 AM
Fritz Wuehler wrote:
> Know your Trolls

too long. didn't read. don't care. no one else does either.

cybercat
June 14th 06, 05:36 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
. com...
> Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>> Know your Trolls
>
> too long. didn't read. don't care. no one else does either.

Oh, come on! I think it makes me seem more interesting. :)

-L.
June 14th 06, 06:20 PM
Fritz Wuehler wrote:
> Know your Trolls
>
> Cybercat aka Mary aka Nancy aka Celeste aka Shiva Etc. has been
> up to her old tricks.
> It is time for a repost.

Actually she's been quite decent recently.

Anyway, you're a day late and a dollar short...

-L.

Kitkat
June 14th 06, 07:02 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "Kitkat" > wrote in message
> . com...
>
>>Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>>
>>>Know your Trolls
>>
>>too long. didn't read. don't care. no one else does either.
>

> Oh, come on! I think it makes me seem more interesting. :)

;)

kurupt
June 14th 06, 07:32 PM
-L. wrote:
> Fritz Wuehler wrote:
> > Know your Trolls
> >
> > Cybercat aka Mary aka Nancy aka Celeste aka Shiva Etc. has been
> > up to her old tricks.
> > It is time for a repost.
>
> Actually she's been quite decent recently.
>
> Anyway, you're a day late and a dollar short...
>
> -L.

about Nomen

I am by no means an apologist, I realize that sometimes it's very
difficult to see past the ignorance in someone, but I can only expect
the son of a redneck to himself be redneck until he is confronted about
his nasty self the rule being the older you get the harder it is to
change. I would say that Nomen was raised by a redneck couple, but I
don't think it's the case.

Nomen was left to himself. Being left to rear ourselves can bring about
some of the most odd behaviors, none of which exclude mental illness,
and hard core chem imbalances; in the end it can make for a very
snatchy grabby flighty type personality.

For example, patients who are being treated for cancer respond better
to those treatments when they are visited and hugged by people who love
them. So our chemical factories are dependent upon being loved.
(especially as a child)

Another example; people who are locked up do far better emotionally if
they were held as babies and as children, they feel far more secure...
it's one of the reasons folk can mentally hold up in these situations,
someone gave them a message when they was little, the message says, you
are somebody, and since you are somebody life is worth fighting for,
living is worth the effort.

Then there are those they find hung dead in their cells, children of
isolation and neglect, they don't do well in those places, they either
hang themselves or you find them curled up in the floor crying like a
baby with a big dick.

Love is not just a word, love is an action, love does.. I don't wanna
hear Barry I love you, show me the love! show me. Do it then.

Nomen is selfish, he is an emotional baby. If I was his shrink, first I
would take alot of his money, then I would lock him up for being a
pervert.. (under the guise of mental illness) next I would visit him
one time to finish him off... I'd sneak a scarecrow mask in my
briefcase... visit him, put the mask on, then tell him about his nasty
self... do a real mind job on him.

cybercat
June 14th 06, 07:56 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Fritz Wuehler wrote:
> > Know your Trolls
> >
> > Cybercat aka Mary aka Nancy aka Celeste aka Shiva Etc. has been
> > up to her old tricks.
> > It is time for a repost.
>
> Actually she's been quite decent recently.

I could say the same thing about you. :)

Matthew
June 14th 06, 09:27 PM
"kurupt" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> -L. wrote:
>> Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>> > Know your Trolls
>> >
>> > Cybercat aka Mary aka Nancy aka Celeste aka Shiva Etc. has been
>> > up to her old tricks.
>> > It is time for a repost.
>>
>> Actually she's been quite decent recently.
>>
>> Anyway, you're a day late and a dollar short...
>>
>> -L.
>
> about Nomen
>
> I am by no means an apologist, I realize that sometimes it's very
> difficult to see past the ignorance in someone, but I can only expect
> the son of a redneck to himself be redneck until he is confronted about
> his nasty self the rule being the older you get the harder it is to
> change. I would say that Nomen was raised by a redneck couple, but I
> don't think it's the case.
>
> Nomen was left to himself. Being left to rear ourselves can bring about
> some of the most odd behaviors, none of which exclude mental illness,
> and hard core chem imbalances; in the end it can make for a very
> snatchy grabby flighty type personality.
>
> For example, patients who are being treated for cancer respond better
> to those treatments when they are visited and hugged by people who love
> them. So our chemical factories are dependent upon being loved.
> (especially as a child)
>
> Another example; people who are locked up do far better emotionally if
> they were held as babies and as children, they feel far more secure...
> it's one of the reasons folk can mentally hold up in these situations,
> someone gave them a message when they was little, the message says, you
> are somebody, and since you are somebody life is worth fighting for,
> living is worth the effort.
>
> Then there are those they find hung dead in their cells, children of
> isolation and neglect, they don't do well in those places, they either
> hang themselves or you find them curled up in the floor crying like a
> baby with a big dick.
>
> Love is not just a word, love is an action, love does.. I don't wanna
> hear Barry I love you, show me the love! show me. Do it then.
>
> Nomen is selfish, he is an emotional baby. If I was his shrink, first I
> would take alot of his money, then I would lock him up for being a
> pervert.. (under the guise of mental illness) next I would visit him
> one time to finish him off... I'd sneak a scarecrow mask in my
> briefcase... visit him, put the mask on, then tell him about his nasty
> self... do a real mind job on him.

I can see you just watched Batman Begins on Cable

kurupt
June 14th 06, 09:50 PM
Matthew wrote:

> I can see you just watched Batman Begins on Cable

lol, close, i gittem in the mail from blockbuster

scarecrow.. you cats crack me up

-L.
June 14th 06, 09:54 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Fritz Wuehler wrote:
> > > Know your Trolls
> > >
> > > Cybercat aka Mary aka Nancy aka Celeste aka Shiva Etc. has been
> > > up to her old tricks.
> > > It is time for a repost.
> >
> > Actually she's been quite decent recently.
>
> I could say the same thing about you. :)

Why thanya, thanya very much. <singing> Jelly doughnuts! I wants sum
jelly doughnuts!

-L.
(Elvis lives!)

Candace
June 15th 06, 02:26 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > Fritz Wuehler wrote:
> > > Know your Trolls
> > >
> > > Cybercat aka Mary aka Nancy aka Celeste aka Shiva Etc. has been
> > > up to her old tricks.
> > > It is time for a repost.
> >
> > Actually she's been quite decent recently.
>
> I could say the same thing about you. :)

Awwww, you girls. I feel all warm and fuzzy :)

cybercat
June 15th 06, 02:33 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> cybercat wrote:
> > "-L." > wrote in message
> > oups.com...

> > > Actually she's been quite decent recently.
> >
> > I could say the same thing about you. :)
>
> Awwww, you girls. I feel all warm and fuzzy :)

Well, good, maybe you will post more! You've been missed.

Candace
June 15th 06, 02:43 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Candace" > wrote in message

> > Awwww, you girls. I feel all warm and fuzzy :)
> >

> Well, good, maybe you will post more! You've been missed.

Thanks! I got depressed about Scottie dying and then some other crap
so it sorta took the fun out of it for awhile although I've been
lurking.

Candace

kurupt
June 15th 06, 03:56 AM
Candace wrote:

> Thanks! I got depressed about Scottie dying and then some other crap
> so it sorta took the fun out of it for awhile although I've been
> lurking.

I have to admit, I had forgotten for a minute Candace

I wrote a little poem thingy for Ruprecht, and some people on here read
it and said that was nice of me, and it helped me knowing that someone
understood and shared in how I felt; I think you was one who helped me
through that gritty time.

I am also sure that you had Scottie much longer, much much longer than
I knew Ruprecht.

Now I have 2 mo.. woo... and I have to admit, I love them both, but my
little blackie is suuuch a thief.. Ill wake up in the middle of the
night.. she'll be nestled in somewhere in the bed... just knockin them
off... she's so verbal.. not meowing but.. doing mmmms

I tell ya, she answers me too, but it's all mmmmm's, lol

I told you could have her! She's the kind that won't let you get the
food in the bowl
you'll be dumping it on her head... loves a clean litter box.

-L.
June 15th 06, 04:46 AM
Candace wrote:

> Awwww, you girls. I feel all warm and fuzzy :)

Yeah, WHATEVER, Sexy Soxy...
-L.

Kitkat
June 15th 06, 05:20 AM
-L. wrote:
> Candace wrote:
>
>>Awwww, you girls. I feel all warm and fuzzy :)
>

> Yeah, WHATEVER, Sexy Soxy...
> -L.

Does this mean we can all sit around the camp fire and sing kumbaya, now?

cybercat
June 15th 06, 06:24 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
. net...
> -L. wrote:
>> Candace wrote:
>>
>>>Awwww, you girls. I feel all warm and fuzzy :)
>>

>> Yeah, WHATEVER, Sexy Soxy...
>> -L.
>>

> Does this mean we can all sit around the camp fire and sing kumbaya, now?

lmao!!! Ahahaha!

I think it does!

June 15th 06, 06:55 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
. net...
> -L. wrote:
> > Candace wrote:
> >
> >>Awwww, you girls. I feel all warm and fuzzy :)
> >

> > Yeah, WHATEVER, Sexy Soxy...
> > -L.
> >

> Does this mean we can all sit around the camp fire and sing kumbaya, now?

ahaha I think it does!

Kitkat
June 15th 06, 07:08 AM
-L. wrote:
> Kitkat wrote:
>
>>-L. wrote:

>>>Yeah, WHATEVER, Sexy Soxy...
>>>-L.
>>>

>>Does this mean we can all sit around the camp fire and sing kumbaya, now?
>

> Only if we don't shave our armpits and bring granola.
>
> -L.

I got better **** than granola to bring. ;)

-L.
June 15th 06, 08:28 AM
Kitkat wrote:
> I got better **** than granola to bring. ;)

Well, in that case we have to invite Barry...

-L.

Kitkat
June 15th 06, 01:10 PM
-L. wrote:
> Kitkat wrote:
>
>>I got better **** than granola to bring. ;)
>

> Well, in that case we have to invite Barry...
>
> -L.

Not to mention Charlie...

cybercat
June 15th 06, 04:50 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Kitkat wrote:
> > I got better **** than granola to bring. ;)
>
> Well, in that case we have to invite Barry...
>
> -L.

lol

June 15th 06, 05:05 PM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
.com...
> -L. wrote:
> > Kitkat wrote:
> >
> >>I got better **** than granola to bring. ;)
> >

> > Well, in that case we have to invite Barry...
> >
> > -L.
> >

> Not to mention Charlie...

No way man, Charlie is scary. I think he'd probably
clear the camp site with a big ol fart and then sit there
and laugh his *ss off. :)

Kitkat
June 15th 06, 05:07 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "Kitkat" > wrote in message
> .com...
>
>>-L. wrote:

>>>Well, in that case we have to invite Barry...
>>>
>>>-L.
>>>

>>Not to mention Charlie...
>

> No way man, Charlie is scary. I think he'd probably
> clear the camp site with a big ol fart and then sit there
> and laugh his *ss off. :)

you have no idea how much i need this silliness today!
haha!

:)
kumbayaaaa my lord....kumbayaaaaa

cybercat
June 15th 06, 06:07 PM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
. com...
> cybercat wrote:
> > "Kitkat" > wrote in message
> > .com...

> >>Not to mention Charlie...
> >

> > No way man, Charlie is scary. I think he'd probably
> > clear the camp site with a big ol fart and then sit there
> > and laugh his *ss off. :)
>
> you have no idea how much i need this silliness today!
> haha!
>
> :)
> kumbayaaaa my lord....kumbayaaaaa

kumbayyyaaaa ... omg! is that your underarm hair or have
you got a hedgehog under your arm?!

-L.
June 15th 06, 11:40 PM
cybercat wrote:

> No way man, Charlie is scary. I think he'd probably
> clear the camp site with a big ol fart and then sit there
> and laugh his *ss off. :)

Charlie probably gets some pretty good ganja. It's the #1 cash crop of
Oregon, ya know, and he's not far from here. Unfortunately Charlie
also probably doesn''t have any teeth so his sloppy seconds will be
really sloppy.

-L.

-L.
June 15th 06, 11:42 PM
cybercat wrote:
> kumbayyyaaaa ... omg! is that your underarm hair or have
> you got a hedgehog under your arm?!

LOL...Phyllis Diller's wig...

-L.

kurupt
June 16th 06, 12:43 AM
cybercat wrote:

> lol

heh

first one one the bus ready to roll!

I got my little dirty dime bag don't mess with me

I need to get out of here a while, lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MULE!

June 16th 06, 04:11 PM
This topic explains a lot. I had started a topic recently to see what
Maine Coon cat owners are feeding their cats, and if they switch the
cats to adult food early. "Cybercat" responded with no helpful
information, but of course a debate ensued. Cybercat even baked up her
arguement with responses from aliases listed in the 1st post. Cybercat
is a big, fat loser!

cybercat
June 16th 06, 06:27 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> This topic explains a lot. I had started a topic recently to see what
> Maine Coon cat owners are feeding their cats, and if they switch the
> cats to adult food early. "Cybercat" responded with no helpful
> information, but of course a debate ensued. Cybercat even baked up her
> arguement with responses from aliases listed in the 1st post. Cybercat
> is a big, fat loser!

I am not fat! lol And canned food is still best for your cat. You are just
mad because you got called out for going with convenience over your cat's
best interests--and for buying the garbage your vet, who is selling you the
dry food, is selling.

kurupt
June 16th 06, 09:39 PM
wrote:
> This topic explains a lot. I had started a topic recently to see what
> Maine Coon cat owners are feeding their cats, and if they switch the
> cats to adult food early. "Cybercat" responded with no helpful
> information, but of course a debate ensued. Cybercat even baked up her
> arguement with responses from aliases listed in the 1st post. Cybercat
> is a big, fat loser!

I like a fat ass

and no, her advice was fantastic!

this ain't no mr rogers neighborhood

you must be thinking about anecodtes, why not ship on over there and
get you a good belly full of that short bus brady bunch, they won't
dissapoint you.

June 16th 06, 10:02 PM
I wasn't expecting a welcoming wagon, just advice on the topic. The
fact that I was accused of sacrificing my animals health for
convenience is unbelievable and I found it offensive. Who the hell is
that bitch anyway? A veterinarian? Highly doubt it. Cybercat is
apparantly an individual who just likes to start debates about
unrelated topics. And the advice was hardly fantastic..a more fitting
adjective would be inaccurate.

kurupt wrote:
> wrote:
> > This topic explains a lot. I had started a topic recently to see what
> > Maine Coon cat owners are feeding their cats, and if they switch the
> > cats to adult food early. "Cybercat" responded with no helpful
> > information, but of course a debate ensued. Cybercat even baked up her
> > arguement with responses from aliases listed in the 1st post. Cybercat
> > is a big, fat loser!
>
> I like a fat ass
>
> and no, her advice was fantastic!
>
> this ain't no mr rogers neighborhood
>
> you must be thinking about anecodtes, why not ship on over there and
> get you a good belly full of that short bus brady bunch, they won't
> dissapoint you.

cybercat
June 16th 06, 10:41 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I wasn't expecting a welcoming wagon, just advice on the topic. The
> fact that I was accused of sacrificing my animals health for
> convenience is unbelievable and I found it offensive. Who the hell is
> that bitch anyway? A veterinarian? Highly doubt it. Cybercat is
> apparantly an individual who just likes to start debates about
> unrelated topics. And the advice was hardly fantastic..a more fitting
> adjective would be inaccurate.

My advice was that quality canned food is better for your cat than
dry food. Did you notice that this was also the advice of many others
here?

Have you done some research on the matter? There are many
sound reasons why canned food is better for your cat, several
of which have already been mentioned in your original thread.

Until you can come up with some really good reasons any
kind of dry food, which is loaded with grains that cats generally
do not eat, is better than canned food for your cat, all you have
is an attempted ad hominem attack that has nothing to do with
feeding your cat.

You're welcome. HTH. HAND.

P.S. Grow up.

> kurupt wrote:
> > wrote:
> > > This topic explains a lot. I had started a topic recently to see what
> > > Maine Coon cat owners are feeding their cats, and if they switch the
> > > cats to adult food early. "Cybercat" responded with no helpful
> > > information, but of course a debate ensued. Cybercat even baked up her
> > > arguement with responses from aliases listed in the 1st post. Cybercat
> > > is a big, fat loser!
> >
> > I like a fat ass
> >
> > and no, her advice was fantastic!
> >
> > this ain't no mr rogers neighborhood
> >
> > you must be thinking about anecodtes, why not ship on over there and
> > get you a good belly full of that short bus brady bunch, they won't
> > dissapoint you.

June 17th 06, 01:28 AM
As I said in the beginning of the post I had done a lot of research on
the subject, there were no reports from accredited sources which
support either arguement. There are, however, plenty of essays written
by individuals whom claim to have knowledge of dry food being harmful
(said essays are full of typographical errors, which lead me to believe
it's crap). Yes, I did notice that plenty of people argeed with you
after you changed the topic of my thread to the subject in which you
revel. Honestly, I can't give you specific reasons why wet food is
worse for the animal than dry food, and you can't support your
arguement with anything other than hypotheses.

P.S. Your Mom.

cybercat wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > I wasn't expecting a welcoming wagon, just advice on the topic. The
> > fact that I was accused of sacrificing my animals health for
> > convenience is unbelievable and I found it offensive. Who the hell is
> > that bitch anyway? A veterinarian? Highly doubt it. Cybercat is
> > apparantly an individual who just likes to start debates about
> > unrelated topics. And the advice was hardly fantastic..a more fitting
> > adjective would be inaccurate.
>
> My advice was that quality canned food is better for your cat than
> dry food. Did you notice that this was also the advice of many others
> here?
>
> Have you done some research on the matter? There are many
> sound reasons why canned food is better for your cat, several
> of which have already been mentioned in your original thread.
>
> Until you can come up with some really good reasons any
> kind of dry food, which is loaded with grains that cats generally
> do not eat, is better than canned food for your cat, all you have
> is an attempted ad hominem attack that has nothing to do with
> feeding your cat.
>
> You're welcome. HTH. HAND.
>
> P.S. Grow up.
>

> > kurupt wrote:
> > >
> > > I like a fat ass
> > >
> > > and no, her advice was fantastic!
> > >
> > > this ain't no mr rogers neighborhood
> > >
> > > you must be thinking about anecodtes, why not ship on over there and
> > > get you a good belly full of that short bus brady bunch, they won't
> > > dissapoint you.
> >

> Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

June 17th 06, 01:31 AM
By the way, my vet doesn't sell the food I'm feeding my pets. Actually,
I wouldn't give my cat or dogs the food he does sell and I don't let
them take treats offered there either.

cybercat wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > This topic explains a lot. I had started a topic recently to see what
> > Maine Coon cat owners are feeding their cats, and if they switch the
> > cats to adult food early. "Cybercat" responded with no helpful
> > information, but of course a debate ensued. Cybercat even baked up her
> > arguement with responses from aliases listed in the 1st post. Cybercat
> > is a big, fat loser!
> >

> I am not fat! lol And canned food is still best for your cat. You are just
> mad because you got called out for going with convenience over your cat's
> best interests--and for buying the garbage your vet, who is selling you the
> dry food, is selling.
>

> Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

cybercat
June 17th 06, 01:58 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> As I said in the beginning of the post I had done a lot of research on
> the subject, there were no reports from accredited sources which
> support either arguement. There are, however, plenty of essays written
> by individuals whom claim to have knowledge of dry food being harmful
> (said essays are full of typographical errors, which lead me to believe
> it's crap). Yes, I did notice that plenty of people argeed with you
> after you changed the topic of my thread to the subject in which you
> revel. Honestly, I can't give you specific reasons why wet food is
> worse for the animal than dry food, and you can't support your
> arguement with anything other than hypotheses.

Go read the thread again. You have a reading comprehension problem
or you are an idiot. There were lots of "accredited" sources. lol

June 17th 06, 02:00 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> By the way, my vet doesn't sell the food I'm feeding my pets. Actually,
> I wouldn't give my cat or dogs the food he does sell and I don't let
> them take treats offered there either.

You are just a selfish ass who wants convenience.

If you are really interested in what is best for your cat, your
so-called "research" cannot have indicated that dry is best.

Idiots bore me, so I will leave it up to you to do as you do.
Pity your cat has no choice.

June 17th 06, 03:16 AM
It would be more convenient if my cat would get off her lazy ass and
buy her own food. Then she could go to your Mom's house and tear her
ass up for not giving me my change from last night. I'm sure it's not
the first time you've heard this, but she's over priced.

cybercat wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > By the way, my vet doesn't sell the food I'm feeding my pets. Actually,
> > I wouldn't give my cat or dogs the food he does sell and I don't let
> > them take treats offered there either.
> >

> You are just a selfish ass who wants convenience.
>
> If you are really interested in what is best for your cat, your
> so-called "research" cannot have indicated that dry is best.
>
> Idiots bore me, so I will leave it up to you to do as you do.
> Pity your cat has no choice.
>

> Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

kurupt
June 17th 06, 05:25 AM
wrote:
> Honestly, I can't give you specific reasons why wet food is
> worse for the animal than dry food, and you can't support your
> arguement with anything other than hypotheses.

looka here Cap'n Crunch! use your brain

in the natural what do cats eat? they eat warm blooded animals
then ask yourself, is a warm blooded animal wet or dry food

an animal is mostly water, like what 98% 96%?

why not take your ass-plug out for a little while
let your bunged-hole re-adjust, ya just might feel better

kurupt
June 17th 06, 05:30 AM
wrote:
> By the way, my vet doesn't sell the food I'm feeding my pets. Actually,
> I wouldn't give my cat or dogs the food he does sell and I don't let
> them take treats offered there either.

well it can't be all that, K-Mart don't sell anything over 5 dollars
for a 50lb bag

why don't you just STATE what you feed your cat

Ill let you know if it's good food or not

Ill be honest

-L.
June 17th 06, 11:11 AM
wrote:
> I wasn't expecting a welcoming wagon, just advice on the topic. The
> fact that I was accused of sacrificing my animals health for
> convenience is unbelievable and I found it offensive. Who the hell is
> that bitch anyway? A veterinarian? Highly doubt it. Cybercat is
> apparantly an individual who just likes to start debates about
> unrelated topics. And the advice was hardly fantastic..a more fitting
> adjective would be inaccurate.

I don't think what you are reading here qualifies as a debate - just
banter. Canned food *is* better for your cats. That being said, I
feed my cats both because that's what they like. It would not be the
first time I have been accused of being an indulgent Mommy.

When you post to Usenet, you get all kinds of opinions. Usenet is the
virtual street corner - some people hang out and chat, others walk by
and throw in their two cents. If you want a vet's advice, ask your
vet. If you come here for advice, you'll get it from everyone. My
advice is this: Maine Coons are no different than any other cat. Feed
the cat a canned diet and it is more likely to be healthier.

HTH, and HAND,
-L.

June 17th 06, 01:57 PM
Originally I was hoping for a variety of opinions from cat owners
regarding switching to adult food before the cat was a year old.

If the cat would eat it I'd give her a variety of raw meats,
unfortunately she won't even touch fresh sashimi when I offer it.
Currently I am switching her to Royal Canin adult Maine Coon from Royal
Canin Kitten 2nd stage kitten food.

I've asked my vets advice about which brands to feed, he sells Hill's
at his office, of course his recommendation is Hills.

The tech at his office (who has 9 freaking cats) suggested Nutro (which
is what I fed her from 4 weeks to 3 months) moistened with KRM until
she losses her baby teeth. After her adult teeth grew in I switched to
Royal Canin 2nd stage kitten food.

After I initially posted I did take the cat in for a weight check, at
10 months old 10.5 lbs was the official weight.

That tech also gave me the go ahead on switching to adult food early,
she said she switched hers after the spay since that is when they tend
to gain a lot of weight. As I was leaving I ran into the Dr and he held
the cat and felt her belly, he said it was normal and the sagging
should receed over a few more months (she was spayed in late Dec). He
also said the cat was nowhere near finished growing, judging by the
size of her ears and paws.

My kitty is still growing like a weed, in the next week she will be on
the RC Maine Coon diet exclusively. And I'd give her a few meals of
canned food per week but I've been told by friends that cats will start
to refuse dry food.

If I decide to give canned food it would be after she is settled into
the new diet for some time. From what I gather Wellness has a couple of
varieties that seem appropriate.

-L. wrote:
> wrote:
> > I wasn't expecting a welcoming wagon, just advice on the topic. The
> > fact that I was accused of sacrificing my animals health for
> > convenience is unbelievable and I found it offensive. Who the hell is
> > that bitch anyway? A veterinarian? Highly doubt it. Cybercat is
> > apparantly an individual who just likes to start debates about
> > unrelated topics. And the advice was hardly fantastic..a more fitting
> > adjective would be inaccurate.
>
> I don't think what you are reading here qualifies as a debate - just
> banter. Canned food *is* better for your cats. That being said, I
> feed my cats both because that's what they like. It would not be the
> first time I have been accused of being an indulgent Mommy.
>
> When you post to Usenet, you get all kinds of opinions. Usenet is the
> virtual street corner - some people hang out and chat, others walk by
> and throw in their two cents. If you want a vet's advice, ask your
> vet. If you come here for advice, you'll get it from everyone. My
> advice is this: Maine Coons are no different than any other cat. Feed
> the cat a canned diet and it is more likely to be healthier.
>
> HTH, and HAND,
> -L.

---MIKE---
June 17th 06, 04:12 PM
>And I'd give her a few meals of canned
> food per week but I've been told by
> friends that cats will start to refuse dry
> food.

Not necessarily true. I feed my two Wellness canned chicken. They get
Wellness dry or Nutro dry as treats and they gobble them right up.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

MaryL
June 17th 06, 04:35 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

<snip>
> And I'd give her a few meals of
> canned food per week but I've been told by friends that cats will start
> to refuse dry food.

That is probably not true. My cats eat several varieties of canned food
(primarily Wellness plus some Innova Evo, Eagle Pack, and Nature's Variety
Prarie). They are thriving on it. I had previously fed dry food until I
learned that good quality canned food is a healthier diet. It took some
time for my two to adjust to canned food, but now they love it. Even so, I
continued to give small amounts of Wellness dry as an occasional treat.
They loved that, too. More recently, I have eliminated *all* dry food
because I eventually noticed that they would throw up more frequently if
they had had some dry food. Ironically, my sister (independent of me -- she
lives in another state) had noticed the same thing with her two cats.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Recent pics: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

MaryL
June 17th 06, 06:04 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Wellness is the only high-quality brand that I can find here, the other
> brands I'd have to order and who knows how long the packages would sit
> out in the hot FL sun. The store I buy the food from also lets
> customers return the flavors that the pet doesn't like. And I was under
> the impression that it's better to stick with the same brand of food,
> but it's ok to use different flavor varieties and not upset their
> stomachs. I seriously have reservations about feeding any beloved pet a
> food that has chicken livers especially if it's the second or third
> ingredient. These cats that threw up after eating dry food are they
> kittens, adults or seniors?

I order all of my cat food from PetFoodDirect.com because there are *no*
suppliers for premium quality food within 70-75 miles. PetFoodDirect has
been excellent. They always send notification of shipping dates, and I
usually receive shipments within a week of ordering. I always watch my
email for their discounts (22% this week) because that basically covers the
cost of shipping. I live in East Texas, so I also am aware of the dangers
of food left out in the heat! I do use different brands, but I mix the
*same* brands on a consistent basis. That way, there is no sudden dietary
change.

You asked about the ages of the cats I mentioned. My cats are aged 7 and
11. One of my sister's cats is 17. The other is much younger, but I don't
know the actual age.

MaryL

-L.
June 17th 06, 06:57 PM
wrote:
> Originally I was hoping for a variety of opinions from cat owners
> regarding switching to adult food before the cat was a year old.

Don't - they need the extra nutrients in kitten food for at least that
long.

> If the cat would eat it I'd give her a variety of raw meats,
> unfortunately she won't even touch fresh sashimi when I offer it.
> Currently I am switching her to Royal Canin adult Maine Coon from Royal
> Canin Kitten 2nd stage kitten food.
>
> I've asked my vets advice about which brands to feed, he sells Hill's
> at his office, of course his recommendation is Hills.

Hill's sucks. It would be at least #8 or 9 on my list.

> The tech at his office (who has 9 freaking cats) suggested Nutro (which
> is what I fed her from 4 weeks to 3 months) moistened with KRM until
> she losses her baby teeth. After her adult teeth grew in I switched to
> Royal Canin 2nd stage kitten food.
>
> After I initially posted I did take the cat in for a weight check, at
> 10 months old 10.5 lbs was the official weight.
>
> That tech also gave me the go ahead on switching to adult food early,
> she said she switched hers after the spay since that is when they tend
> to gain a lot of weight. As I was leaving I ran into the Dr and he held
> the cat and felt her belly, he said it was normal and the sagging
> should receed over a few more months (she was spayed in late Dec). He
> also said the cat was nowhere near finished growing, judging by the
> size of her ears and paws.

She needs to be on kitten food.

> My kitty is still growing like a weed, in the next week she will be on
> the RC Maine Coon diet exclusively. And I'd give her a few meals of
> canned food per week but I've been told by friends that cats will start
> to refuse dry food.

Canned food is best - it more closely mimics the natural diet and can
help to prevent UTIs and blockages.

> If I decide to give canned food it would be after she is settled into
> the new diet for some time. From what I gather Wellness has a couple of
> varieties that seem appropriate.

RC and Wellness are both good foods. Canned is best though - I cannot
stress this enough.
-L.

CatNipped
June 17th 06, 08:14 PM
"-L." > wrote in message

>> Originally I was hoping for a variety of opinions from cat owners
>> regarding switching to adult food before the cat was a year old.
>
> Don't - they need the extra nutrients in kitten food for at least that
> long.
>

>> If the cat would eat it I'd give her a variety of raw meats,
>> unfortunately she won't even touch fresh sashimi when I offer it.
>> Currently I am switching her to Royal Canin adult Maine Coon from Royal
>> Canin Kitten 2nd stage kitten food.
>>
>> I've asked my vets advice about which brands to feed, he sells Hill's
>> at his office, of course his recommendation is Hills.
>
> Hill's sucks. It would be at least #8 or 9 on my list.
>

>> The tech at his office (who has 9 freaking cats) suggested Nutro (which
>> is what I fed her from 4 weeks to 3 months) moistened with KRM until
>> she losses her baby teeth. After her adult teeth grew in I switched to
>> Royal Canin 2nd stage kitten food.
>>
>> After I initially posted I did take the cat in for a weight check, at
>> 10 months old 10.5 lbs was the official weight.
>>
>> That tech also gave me the go ahead on switching to adult food early,
>> she said she switched hers after the spay since that is when they tend
>> to gain a lot of weight. As I was leaving I ran into the Dr and he held
>> the cat and felt her belly, he said it was normal and the sagging
>> should receed over a few more months (she was spayed in late Dec). He
>> also said the cat was nowhere near finished growing, judging by the
>> size of her ears and paws.
>
> She needs to be on kitten food.

I agree. Maine Coons can continue to grow for up to 3 to 5 years (mine is 2
years and 2 months and she is still growing - although at 18 pounds already
this is a trifle frightening ;>). You don't want to impede the growth of
bone and muscle by switching to a less nutrient-dense food.

Switching from dry to canned food will help prevent her from gaining fat
(dry has too many carbohydrates, especially for MCs who tend to be a bit
heavy). Also keep her exercised - Maine Coons have a tendancy to be
indolent (even more so than most cats!!).

Here's a picture of her with her "normal" sized sister (not blood related
;>) who is 7.5 pounds: http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/Jessie17/

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

>> My kitty is still growing like a weed, in the next week she will be on
>> the RC Maine Coon diet exclusively. And I'd give her a few meals of
>> canned food per week but I've been told by friends that cats will start
>> to refuse dry food.
>
> Canned food is best - it more closely mimics the natural diet and can
> help to prevent UTIs and blockages.
>

>> If I decide to give canned food it would be after she is settled into
>> the new diet for some time. From what I gather Wellness has a couple of
>> varieties that seem appropriate.
>
> RC and Wellness are both good foods. Canned is best though - I cannot
> stress this enough.
> -L.

cybercat
June 17th 06, 08:49 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Wellness is the only high-quality brand that I can find here

Several varieties of Fancy Feast is every bit as good as Wellness, in that
real meat, fish, or poultry
is the first ingredient and there is no wheat gluten or other starchy
fillers.

And everyone carries Fancy Feast.

June 18th 06, 05:09 AM
"Fritz Wuehler" > wrote
in message
. theremailer.net...
> Cybercat is a **** sucking troll

Damned groupies.

June 18th 06, 06:18 AM
cybercat wrote:
> Several varieties of Fancy Feast is every bit as good as Wellness, in that
> real meat, fish, or poultry
> is the first ingredient and there is no wheat gluten or other starchy
> fillers.
>
> And everyone carries Fancy Feast.

I don't know if that is good or very bad. Of all the varieties of Fancy
Feast, 60? or so, I found 5 that had phosphorus less than 0.80% on a
dry matter basis.

So I feed my cat only Marinated Morsels in Chicken, or Salmon, in Gravy
from Fancy Feast. The only two or three of Fancy Feast that are low in
phosphorus, my cat refuses.

I am concerned, almost alarmed, that the 90%+ of their foods
[Purina/Nestle] are twice to three times the phosphorus levels that are
recommended or that I find in the premium foods sold only or mostly in
pet stores. So many people buy Fancy Feast and completely unawares of
their sky-high phosphorus levels. But it's the most common food on the
supermarket shelves. I really wonder about this. Is what I read about
high phosphorous levels and kidney failure not true?

I have bought Wellness and according to my notes, it's not too bad but
it is over my 0.80% threshold for phorphous. It runs 0.88 to 1.00%. Not
too bad and much better than almost all of Fancy Feast or Friskies.

http://webpages.charter.net/katkarma/canfood.htm

I use this web site for a quick overview of phosphorus levels. It's a
super problem getting these levels from Purina/Nestle. I finally got
them after calling and was sent the information by mail. I do not
comprehend why they do not publish these, at least on their
veterinarian site, unless they wish to keep their extremely high
phosphorus levels out of the public's eye?

Science Diet's food all seem to be around 0.70% phosphorus, on a dry
matter basis. This may seem like overkill but if I can avoid renal
failure or kidney problems, it's worth the aggravation of becoming
familiar with phosphorus levels.

If I have a choice between all natural foods with high phosphorus
levels and Science Diet I will chose the Science Diet over the all
natural foods because I know the phosphorus levels and that is more
important to me than their using the questionable filler. Lately, they
are reducing this which is good.

Any comments or criticisms?

cybercat
June 18th 06, 07:47 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
> > Several varieties of Fancy Feast is every bit as good as Wellness, in
that
> > real meat, fish, or poultry
> > is the first ingredient and there is no wheat gluten or other starchy
> > fillers.
> >
> > And everyone carries Fancy Feast.
>
> I don't know if that is good or very bad. Of all the varieties of Fancy
> Feast, 60? or so, I found 5 that had phosphorus less than 0.80% on a
> dry matter basis.
>
> So I feed my cat only Marinated Morsels in Chicken, or Salmon, in Gravy
> from Fancy Feast. The only two or three of Fancy Feast that are low in
> phosphorus, my cat refuses.
>
> I am concerned, almost alarmed, that the 90%+ of their foods
> [Purina/Nestle] are twice to three times the phosphorus levels that are
> recommended or that I find in the premium foods sold only or mostly in
> pet stores. So many people buy Fancy Feast and completely unawares of
> their sky-high phosphorus levels. But it's the most common food on the
> supermarket shelves. I really wonder about this. Is what I read about
> high phosphorous levels and kidney failure not true?
>
> I have bought Wellness and according to my notes, it's not too bad but
> it is over my 0.80% threshold for phorphous. It runs 0.88 to 1.00%. Not
> too bad and much better than almost all of Fancy Feast or Friskies.
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/katkarma/canfood.htm
>
> I use this web site for a quick overview of phosphorus levels. It's a
> super problem getting these levels from Purina/Nestle. I finally got
> them after calling and was sent the information by mail. I do not
> comprehend why they do not publish these, at least on their
> veterinarian site, unless they wish to keep their extremely high
> phosphorus levels out of the public's eye?
>
> Science Diet's food all seem to be around 0.70% phosphorus, on a dry
> matter basis. This may seem like overkill but if I can avoid renal
> failure or kidney problems, it's worth the aggravation of becoming
> familiar with phosphorus levels.
>
> If I have a choice between all natural foods with high phosphorus
> levels and Science Diet I will chose the Science Diet over the all
> natural foods because I know the phosphorus levels and that is more
> important to me than their using the questionable filler. Lately, they
> are reducing this which is good.
>
> Any comments or criticisms?

I never think about phosphorus levels. I thought I did not need to
unless my cats had kidney problems.

kurupt
June 18th 06, 09:15 PM
Fritz Wuehler wrote:
> Cybercat is a **** sucking troll

better than your autosodomy

kurupt
June 18th 06, 09:17 PM
wrote:
> Wellness is the only high-quality brand that I can find here,

is cause you're an "idiot puppet" marketeers have on dey string

June 19th 06, 11:01 PM
cybercat wrote:
> > If I have a choice between all natural foods with high phosphorus
> > levels and Science Diet I will chose the Science Diet over the all
> > natural foods because I know the phosphorus levels and that is more
> > important to me than their using the questionable filler. Lately, they
> > are reducing this which is good.
> >
> > Any comments or criticisms?

> I never think about phosphorus levels. I thought I did not need to
> unless my cats had kidney problems.

That's the dilemma. If it's important, then the time to think is before
the kidney or renal problems. But if there are not any problems, why
pay attention?

I started thinking when my feline was only a few years old and I talked
with a very good and quite frank vet at a public exposition. He
mentioned, almost in passing, that he does not see renal problems with
cats fed Science Diet or Iams. Later I found out he is not an ordinary
vet, but a cancer specialist, that is, someone not unfamiliar with up
to date research and science. Not your typical vet.

And later, I started looking at phosphorus levels and they were
startingly large for almost all supermarket type foods. Science Diet
runs around 0.70% on a dry matter basis for almost all their foods. I
am seeing two to three times that in most, not all, but most, like 90%
of all Purina/Nestle foods, Fancy Feast, Friskies, even their Formula
One, the one I was using was too high. The Purina One Weight Management
Formula was 1.4%, twice my 0.70% goal. A very good food aside from the
phosphorus levels. Since Science Diet is half that phosphorus level, I
have gone back to Science Diet or only those cat foods where I can find
out the phosphorus levels - without pulling teeth.

I suspect tiny female cats who eat little will not have much trouble. I
don't know about bigger fat male cats, 10-15-20 pounds. And I have not
researched this much in the scientific literature lately to see if
there are any new thoughts.

Renal problems are serious problems. And expensive problems. And
stressful. I just cannot take the chance that the talk about phosphorus
levels is all fanciful and not meaningful. My poor baby does not know
that not only will she be on a moderate phosphorus level diet of 0.70%
but I am reducing her caloric intake. Poor baby.

Fortunately she likes to drink water. I time her at 40 seconds for a
little sip. This helps in forestalling some renal problems I read.

Thanks for listening :)

cybercat
June 20th 06, 12:13 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...

> > I never think about phosphorus levels. I thought I did not need to
> > unless my cats had kidney problems.
>
> That's the dilemma. If it's important, then the time to think is before
> the kidney or renal problems. But if there are not any problems, why
> pay attention?
>
> I started thinking when my feline was only a few years old and I talked
> with a very good and quite frank vet at a public exposition. He
> mentioned, almost in passing, that he does not see renal problems with
> cats fed Science Diet or Iams. Later I found out he is not an ordinary
> vet, but a cancer specialist, that is, someone not unfamiliar with up
> to date research and science. Not your typical vet.
>
> And later, I started looking at phosphorus levels and they were
> startingly large for almost all supermarket type foods. Science Diet
> runs around 0.70% on a dry matter basis for almost all their foods. I
> am seeing two to three times that in most, not all, but most, like 90%
> of all Purina/Nestle foods, Fancy Feast, Friskies, even their Formula
> One, the one I was using was too high. The Purina One Weight Management
> Formula was 1.4%, twice my 0.70% goal. A very good food aside from the
> phosphorus levels. Since Science Diet is half that phosphorus level, I
> have gone back to Science Diet or only those cat foods where I can find
> out the phosphorus levels - without pulling teeth.
>
> I suspect tiny female cats who eat little will not have much trouble. I
> don't know about bigger fat male cats, 10-15-20 pounds. And I have not
> researched this much in the scientific literature lately to see if
> there are any new thoughts.
>
> Renal problems are serious problems. And expensive problems. And
> stressful. I just cannot take the chance that the talk about phosphorus
> levels is all fanciful and not meaningful. My poor baby does not know
> that not only will she be on a moderate phosphorus level diet of 0.70%
> but I am reducing her caloric intake. Poor baby.
>
> Fortunately she likes to drink water. I time her at 40 seconds for a
> little sip. This helps in forestalling some renal problems I read.
>
> Thanks for listening :)

Very interesting, treeline. I'll have to do some reading and thinking about
this.
Preventive care really is important. Thanks for explaining the role
phosphorus
in the diet can play in kidney health.

kurupt
June 20th 06, 01:47 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Very interesting, treeline. I'll have to do some reading and thinking about
> this.
> Preventive care really is important. Thanks for explaining the role
> phosphorus
> in the diet can play in kidney health.

*sticking my finger down my throat>

cybercat
June 20th 06, 01:51 AM
"kurupt" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > Very interesting, treeline. I'll have to do some reading and thinking
about
> > this.
> > Preventive care really is important. Thanks for explaining the role
> > phosphorus
> > in the diet can play in kidney health.
>

> *sticking my finger down my throat>

Hey! I'm serious. I don't want my girls to get kidney disease when they are
old. And I do want them to get old.

kurupt
June 20th 06, 02:07 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Hey! I'm serious. I don't want my girls to get kidney disease when they are
> old. And I do want them to get old.

oh lighten up Cyberoid

this ain't no face the nations

cybercat
June 20th 06, 02:30 AM
"kurupt" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > Hey! I'm serious. I don't want my girls to get kidney disease when they
are
> > old. And I do want them to get old.
>
> oh lighten up Cyberoid
>
> this ain't no face the nations

I think treeline is a boy. Big dummy.

hoodoo-man
June 20th 06, 02:35 AM
cybercat wrote:

> I think treeline is a boy. Big dummy.

both of my ears are pierced, I have a nice set of diamond studs I wear
sometimes
(when I dress up) they look nice with my oversized dress shirt and
boring executive tie.

I think they make me look cool

Jupiter thinks so too

Matthew
June 20th 06, 02:48 AM
I think you have other things pierced Barry ;-) but you can keep that to
yourself if you do

"hoodoo-man" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> I think treeline is a boy. Big dummy.
>

> both of my ears are pierced, I have a nice set of diamond studs I wear
> sometimes
> (when I dress up) they look nice with my oversized dress shirt and
> boring executive tie.
>
> I think they make me look cool
>
> Jupiter thinks so too

Matthew
June 20th 06, 02:56 AM
I think you have other things pierced Barry ;-) but you can keep that to
yourself if you do

"hoodoo-man" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> I think treeline is a boy. Big dummy.
>

> both of my ears are pierced, I have a nice set of diamond studs I wear
> sometimes
> (when I dress up) they look nice with my oversized dress shirt and
> boring executive tie.
>
> I think they make me look cool
>
> Jupiter thinks so too

cybercat
June 20th 06, 03:06 AM
"hoodoo-man" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > I think treeline is a boy. Big dummy.
>

> both of my ears are pierced, I have a nice set of diamond studs I wear
> sometimes
> (when I dress up) they look nice with my oversized dress shirt and
> boring executive tie.
>
> I think they make me look cool
>
> Jupiter thinks so too

You do not have pierced ears!

hoodoo-man
June 20th 06, 03:55 AM
cybercat wrote:

> You do not have pierced ears!

sure I do, nothing wrong with that

but Matt probably wears a clip-on tie

Matthew
June 20th 06, 03:57 AM
"hoodoo-man" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> You do not have pierced ears!
>
> sure I do, nothing wrong with that
>
> but Matt probably wears a clip-on tie

Only a bow tie they are a pain to tie right and the other only Italian silk
got to look good

cybercat
June 20th 06, 03:58 AM
"hoodoo-man" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > You do not have pierced ears!
>
> sure I do, nothing wrong with that
>
> but Matt probably wears a clip-on tie

I have pierced ears. Can I borrow your studs?

-L.
June 20th 06, 06:43 AM
hoodoo-man wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
>
> > I think treeline is a boy. Big dummy.
>

> both of my ears are pierced, I have a nice set of diamond studs I wear
> sometimes

Those aren't diamonds. They're Diamoniques - or maybe Diamonelles.

-L.

-L.
June 20th 06, 06:44 AM
hoodoo-man wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
>
> > I think treeline is a boy. Big dummy.
>

> both of my ears are pierced, I have a nice set of diamond studs I wear
> sometimes

Those aren't diamonds. They're Diamoniques - or maybe Diamonelles.

-L.

hoodoo-man
June 20th 06, 02:12 PM
cybercat wrote:

> I have pierced ears. Can I borrow your studs?

sure, but be careful, they stick you in neck if you forget and lay down