PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to you my trusted friend, little Worf

Niel Humphreys
June 15th 06, 06:17 PM
Poor little Worfy's cardiomyopathy finally got the better of him about an
hour ago. He had been getting short of breath throughout the day and while
we were in the vets waiting room he suddenly started fitting, rolled over
onto his back and died before anything could be done. Not that I expected
anything as I was prepared to have the little man put down but I'd have
liked him to slip away peacefully. I have buried him in the border of my
front garden where he liked to sleep in the shade of the hedge, he will be
happy there.

He was only 14 and after Q passed away last month at 15 that's my two first
pets gone in 6 weeks. So long the understudy to Q he at least had a few
weeks of being top cat of the house and an extra few months after his
cardiomyopathy was diagnosed and treated. (Thanks for all your advise on
that Phil)

--

Niel H

Matthew
June 15th 06, 06:21 PM
I am so sorry Neil for your losses

"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> Poor little Worfy's cardiomyopathy finally got the better of him about an
> hour ago. He had been getting short of breath throughout the day and while
> we were in the vets waiting room he suddenly started fitting, rolled over
> onto his back and died before anything could be done. Not that I expected
> anything as I was prepared to have the little man put down but I'd have
> liked him to slip away peacefully. I have buried him in the border of my
> front garden where he liked to sleep in the shade of the hedge, he will be
> happy there.
>
> He was only 14 and after Q passed away last month at 15 that's my two
> first pets gone in 6 weeks. So long the understudy to Q he at least had a
> few weeks of being top cat of the house and an extra few months after his
> cardiomyopathy was diagnosed and treated. (Thanks for all your advise on
> that Phil)
>
> --
>
> Niel H

cybercat
June 15th 06, 06:28 PM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> Poor little Worfy's cardiomyopathy finally got the better of him about an
> hour ago. He had been getting short of breath throughout the day and while
> we were in the vets waiting room he suddenly started fitting, rolled over
> onto his back and died before anything could be done. Not that I expected
> anything as I was prepared to have the little man put down but I'd have
> liked him to slip away peacefully. I have buried him in the border of my
> front garden where he liked to sleep in the shade of the hedge, he will be
> happy there.
>
> He was only 14 and after Q passed away last month at 15 that's my two
first
> pets gone in 6 weeks. So long the understudy to Q he at least had a few
> weeks of being top cat of the house and an extra few months after his
> cardiomyopathy was diagnosed and treated. (Thanks for all your advise on
> that Phil)

Oh, Niel, I am so sorry, I have read about your Worfy and Q over the years
and I know you miss them both terribly. Be good to yourself, this is a lot
of
loss for you in a very short time.

CatNipped
June 15th 06, 06:31 PM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> Poor little Worfy's cardiomyopathy finally got the better of him about an
> hour ago. He had been getting short of breath throughout the day and while
> we were in the vets waiting room he suddenly started fitting, rolled over
> onto his back and died before anything could be done. Not that I expected
> anything as I was prepared to have the little man put down but I'd have
> liked him to slip away peacefully. I have buried him in the border of my
> front garden where he liked to sleep in the shade of the hedge, he will be
> happy there.
>
> He was only 14 and after Q passed away last month at 15 that's my two
> first pets gone in 6 weeks. So long the understudy to Q he at least had a
> few weeks of being top cat of the house and an extra few months after his
> cardiomyopathy was diagnosed and treated. (Thanks for all your advise on
> that Phil)
>
> --
>
> Niel H

I'm so sorry for your loss, Niel. Purrs for your broken heart.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Alison
June 15th 06, 09:00 PM
I'm so sorry, run free kitties.
Alison

"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> Poor little Worfy's cardiomyopathy finally got the better of him about an
> hour ago. He had been getting short of breath throughout the day and
while
> we were in the vets waiting room he suddenly started fitting, rolled over
> onto his back and died before anything could be done. Not that I expected
> anything as I was prepared to have the little man put down but I'd have
> liked him to slip away peacefully. I have buried him in the border of my
> front garden where he liked to sleep in the shade of the hedge, he will
be
> happy there.
>
> He was only 14 and after Q passed away last month at 15 that's my two
first
> pets gone in 6 weeks. So long the understudy to Q he at least had a few
> weeks of being top cat of the house and an extra few months after his
> cardiomyopathy was diagnosed and treated. (Thanks for all your advise on
> that Phil)
>
> --
>
> Niel H

Candace
June 15th 06, 09:52 PM
Niel Humphreys wrote:

> He was only 14 and after Q passed away last month at 15 that's my two first
> pets gone in 6 weeks. So long the understudy to Q he at least had a few
> weeks of being top cat of the house and an extra few months after his
> cardiomyopathy was diagnosed and treated. (Thanks for all your advise on
> that Phil)

I'm very sorry, Niel. You did all that was possible and gave him (both
of them) a good, happy life. It's never long enough.

Candace

Michael Lane
June 15th 06, 10:27 PM
Neil Humphreys wrote with a saddened heart, about little Worf, his
trusted kitty,
I have buried him in the border of my front garden where he liked to
sleep in the shade of the hedge, he will be happy there.

Neil,

My sincere condolences go out to you .
You will meet again at the Bridge. There is nothing to compare with
losing a trusted pet or a child.

sincerely,

Michael Lane

" Say what you want and be who you are,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind. "
Dr. Seuss

Niel Humphreys
June 15th 06, 10:59 PM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> Poor little Worfy's cardiomyopathy finally got the better of him about an
> hour ago. He had been getting short of breath throughout the day and while
> we were in the vets waiting room he suddenly started fitting, rolled over
> onto his back and died before anything could be done. Not that I expected
> anything as I was prepared to have the little man put down but I'd have
> liked him to slip away peacefully. I have buried him in the border of my
> front garden where he liked to sleep in the shade of the hedge, he will be
> happy there.
>
> He was only 14 and after Q passed away last month at 15 that's my two
> first pets gone in 6 weeks. So long the understudy to Q he at least had a
> few weeks of being top cat of the house and an extra few months after his
> cardiomyopathy was diagnosed and treated. (Thanks for all your advise on
> that Phil)

Thanks for all your messages of support, they do help!

In true RPCH fashion here are a couple of photos in memory of Worfy, my
favourite two from when Thor (Ginger) and Teal'c (Black/White) joined the
furrmily and he became their daddy.

http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Kitties3.jpg
http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Kitties4.jpg
--

Niel H

-L.
June 15th 06, 11:43 PM
Niel Humphreys wrote:
> Poor little Worfy's cardiomyopathy finally got the better of him about an
> hour ago. He had been getting short of breath throughout the day and while
> we were in the vets waiting room he suddenly started fitting, rolled over
> onto his back and died before anything could be done. Not that I expected
> anything as I was prepared to have the little man put down but I'd have
> liked him to slip away peacefully. I have buried him in the border of my
> front garden where he liked to sleep in the shade of the hedge, he will be
> happy there.
>
> He was only 14 and after Q passed away last month at 15 that's my two first
> pets gone in 6 weeks. So long the understudy to Q he at least had a few
> weeks of being top cat of the house and an extra few months after his
> cardiomyopathy was diagnosed and treated. (Thanks for all your advise on
> that Phil)

So sad. My heart is breaking for you. I hope someday you can find joy
in the life of another kitty who needs you. May you have peace in the
weeks to come.

-L.

Gail
June 15th 06, 11:45 PM
Wonderful pix, Neil. I am so sorry for your loss.
Gail
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...
> "Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
> message ...
>> Poor little Worfy's cardiomyopathy finally got the better of him about an
>> hour ago. He had been getting short of breath throughout the day and
>> while we were in the vets waiting room he suddenly started fitting,
>> rolled over onto his back and died before anything could be done. Not
>> that I expected anything as I was prepared to have the little man put
>> down but I'd have liked him to slip away peacefully. I have buried him in
>> the border of my front garden where he liked to sleep in the shade of the
>> hedge, he will be happy there.
>>
>> He was only 14 and after Q passed away last month at 15 that's my two
>> first pets gone in 6 weeks. So long the understudy to Q he at least had a
>> few weeks of being top cat of the house and an extra few months after his
>> cardiomyopathy was diagnosed and treated. (Thanks for all your advise on
>> that Phil)
>

> Thanks for all your messages of support, they do help!
>
> In true RPCH fashion here are a couple of photos in memory of Worfy, my
> favourite two from when Thor (Ginger) and Teal'c (Black/White) joined the
> furrmily and he became their daddy.
>
> http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Kitties3.jpg
> http://www.snowdoncomputers.co.uk/Kitties4.jpg
> --
>
> Niel H

Kitkat
June 16th 06, 12:59 AM
Gail wrote:
> Wonderful pix, Neil.

Agreed. We're so lucky these guys grace us with their presence. Many
purrs...

pam and the furry gang

chas
June 16th 06, 01:47 AM
Sorry to hear of your sad loss.

chas

kurupt
June 16th 06, 02:57 AM
Niel Humphreys wrote:

> He was only 14 and after Q passed away last month at 15 that's my two first
> pets gone in 6 weeks. So long the understudy to Q he at least had a few
> weeks of being top cat of the house and an extra few months after his
> cardiomyopathy was diagnosed and treated. (Thanks for all your advise on
> that Phil)

Hi, sorry to hear your little buddy and I like the spot you picked for
his little bed.

Take Care

blkcatgal
June 16th 06, 04:34 AM
So sorry to hear about Worf. You have my heartfelt condolences.

Sue

"Niel Humphreys" > wrote in
message ...