PDA

View Full Version : The Liger, a cross between a male Lion and a female Tiger.. "Giant Genus Panthera"

Hans
June 18th 06, 03:08 AM
The Liger is a cross between a male lion and a female tiger. I find
this Giant Cat highly interesting, but in my opinion it seems wrong, if
not irresponsible, to crossbreed 2 different species like this,
resulting in health problems, including a high probability of blindness
and infertility.

http://www.jumpingpixels.com/liontiger.html

-L.
June 18th 06, 07:03 AM
Hans wrote:
> The Liger is a cross between a male lion and a female tiger. I find
> this Giant Cat highly interesting, but in my opinion it seems wrong, if
> not irresponsible, to crossbreed 2 different species like this,
> resulting in health problems, including a high probability of blindness
> and infertility.
>
> http://www.jumpingpixels.com/liontiger.html

I am a big cat lover - Ligers are awesome.

-L.

June 18th 06, 07:26 AM
Hans wrote:
> The Liger is a cross between a male lion and a female tiger. I find
> this Giant Cat highly interesting, but in my opinion it seems wrong, if
> not irresponsible, to crossbreed 2 different species like this,
> resulting in health problems, including a high probability of blindness
> and infertility.
>
> http://www.jumpingpixels.com/liontiger.html

In this case, according to the facts presented, it was an accident and
not done on purpose. I guess being on a preserve they got bored. The
male lion took a liking to a female tiger and made whoppee.

June 18th 06, 10:53 PM
In article m>,
says...

> Hans wrote:
> > The Liger is a cross between a male lion and a female tiger. I find
> > this Giant Cat highly interesting, but in my opinion it seems wrong, if
> > not irresponsible, to crossbreed 2 different species like this,
> > resulting in health problems, including a high probability of blindness
> > and infertility.
> >
> > http://www.jumpingpixels.com/liontiger.html
>
> I am a big cat lover - Ligers are awesome.
>
> -L.

It is a beautiful animal. We needed another hybrid other than an ass.