PDA

View Full Version : Kitty in urgent need of a good home

usenetjunkie
June 19th 06, 01:50 AM
Hello,

About 2 months ago I took in a young female striped tabby (<1 y/o),
after finding her alone in a parking lot one night shivering in the
cold. She's adorable, playful, and affectionate. No health issues
that I know of. The problem is that I'm no longer able to keep her for
reasons outside of my control, and need to find her a good home ASAP.
I don't want to turn her into a shelter where she could be put down
(shelters around here are up to capacity anyway). I'm in the Detroit
area. If anyone reading this could take her or knows someone who'd be
willing to take her, please email me.

Thanks!

Gail
June 19th 06, 01:56 AM
Make a pix of her and also check with local vets.
Gail
"usenetjunkie" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> About 2 months ago I took in a young female striped tabby (<1 y/o),
> after finding her alone in a parking lot one night shivering in the
> cold. She's adorable, playful, and affectionate. No health issues
> that I know of. The problem is that I'm no longer able to keep her for
> reasons outside of my control, and need to find her a good home ASAP.
> I don't want to turn her into a shelter where she could be put down
> (shelters around here are up to capacity anyway). I'm in the Detroit
> area. If anyone reading this could take her or knows someone who'd be
> willing to take her, please email me.
>
> Thanks!

Rhonda
June 19th 06, 03:47 AM
Try putting up a notice at petfinder.com.

Good luck,

Rhonda

usenetjunkie wrote:

> Hello,
>
> About 2 months ago I took in a young female striped tabby (<1 y/o),
> after finding her alone in a parking lot one night shivering in the
> cold. She's adorable, playful, and affectionate. No health issues
> that I know of. The problem is that I'm no longer able to keep her for
> reasons outside of my control, and need to find her a good home ASAP.
> I don't want to turn her into a shelter where she could be put down
> (shelters around here are up to capacity anyway). I'm in the Detroit
> area. If anyone reading this could take her or knows someone who'd be
> willing to take her, please email me.
>
> Thanks!

MaryL
June 19th 06, 08:25 AM
Yes, that's a good idea. That's how I found Duffy. He was listed by an
animal shelter, but individuals also use that resource.

MaryL

"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Try putting up a notice at petfinder.com.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Rhonda
>
> usenetjunkie wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> About 2 months ago I took in a young female striped tabby (<1 y/o),
>> after finding her alone in a parking lot one night shivering in the
>> cold. She's adorable, playful, and affectionate. No health issues
>> that I know of. The problem is that I'm no longer able to keep her for
>> reasons outside of my control, and need to find her a good home ASAP.
>> I don't want to turn her into a shelter where she could be put down
>> (shelters around here are up to capacity anyway). I'm in the Detroit
>> area. If anyone reading this could take her or knows someone who'd be
>> willing to take her, please email me. Thanks!

Wendy
June 19th 06, 04:14 PM
Go to Petfinder.com. Do a search for rescue groups and shelters in your
area. Call every one and ask to get on their waiting list. Also ask if it's
possible to get your cat listed on their web site as a courtesy listing.
Some groups will do this.

"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Try putting up a notice at petfinder.com.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Rhonda
>
> usenetjunkie wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> About 2 months ago I took in a young female striped tabby (<1 y/o),
>> after finding her alone in a parking lot one night shivering in the
>> cold. She's adorable, playful, and affectionate. No health issues
>> that I know of. The problem is that I'm no longer able to keep her for
>> reasons outside of my control, and need to find her a good home ASAP.
>> I don't want to turn her into a shelter where she could be put down
>> (shelters around here are up to capacity anyway). I'm in the Detroit
>> area. If anyone reading this could take her or knows someone who'd be
>> willing to take her, please email me. Thanks!

Veloise
June 20th 06, 03:41 AM
usenetjunkie wrote:
> About 2 months ago I took in a young female striped tabby (<1 y/o),
> after finding her alone in a parking lot one night shivering in the
> cold. She's adorable, playful, and affectionate. No health issues
> that I know of. The problem is that I'm no longer able to keep her for
> reasons outside of my control, and need to find her a good home ASAP.
> I don't want to turn her into a shelter where she could be put down
> (shelters around here are up to capacity anyway). I'm in the Detroit
> area. If anyone reading this could take her or knows someone who'd be
> willing to take her, please email me.

Create her a "personal ad" on mi.misc. Make it cute and funny
("attractive affectionate young female seeks cuddly companion") and
mention your 'burb. I have re-homed and adopted out several kitties on
that site.

Also there's a Yahoo group called mipetmatch.

HTH

--Karen D.

blkcatgal
June 20th 06, 04:23 AM
Good suggestion. I am in the Detroit area. Try the Animal Welfare Society
of Southeastern Michigan or the Michigan Anti-Cruelty Society just to name
two that I know of.

S.
"Wendy" > wrote in message
. ..

> Go to Petfinder.com. Do a search for rescue groups and shelters in your
> area. Call every one and ask to get on their waiting list. Also ask if
> it's possible to get your cat listed on their web site as a courtesy
> listing. Some groups will do this.
>
> "Rhonda" > wrote in message
>> Try putting up a notice at petfinder.com.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Rhonda
>>
>> usenetjunkie wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> About 2 months ago I took in a young female striped tabby (<1 y/o),
>>> after finding her alone in a parking lot one night shivering in the
>>> cold. She's adorable, playful, and affectionate. No health issues
>>> that I know of. The problem is that I'm no longer able to keep her for
>>> reasons outside of my control, and need to find her a good home ASAP.
>>> I don't want to turn her into a shelter where she could be put down
>>> (shelters around here are up to capacity anyway). I'm in the Detroit
>>> area. If anyone reading this could take her or knows someone who'd be
>>> willing to take her, please email me. Thanks!

sax_playa86
June 20th 06, 04:21 PM
Also, if you are in the Detroit area, check out what Windsor has to
offer... I am from Windsor and happen to know that if you check out
Petfinder there are a couple cat shelters... I know of one, Orphan
Kitten Nurseries, on the corner of Crawford and University... You can't
miss it, you can see the Hospital across from it, she's got a duck on
the front lawn and cat stuff everywhere...

Britt