PDA

View Full Version : Lewis the attack cat gets home detention, owner on probation

stonej
June 20th 06, 07:14 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/06/20/lewis.lives.ap/index.html

CharlesM
June 21st 06, 02:43 PM
"stonej" > wrote in news:1150827270.129896.23940
@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/06/20/lewis.lives.ap/index.html

So what happens if he does get out? I read the CNN article but it
doesn't say what the consequences are. Would Lewis be put to death?

The article states:

Carroll [the judge] said Lewis cannot leave the house, even if he gets
out accidentally. He said the case is not about a cat, but about people
having the right to live in safety in their neighborhoods.

Well, OK, but what if the neighbor who filed suit is just a complainer?
What about Cisero [Lewis' owner] right to live safely in the
neighborhood
and not be harrassed by people who are just mean and petty. I don't see
antthing about this possibility having been considered by the judge.
People magazine said the Cisero's next door neighbor stated that Lewis
was
a great cat and not a problem. Yes, it's about people being able to live
free from fear, but its not clear the determination was ever made as to
who is tormenting whom.

CMM

PS: I signed the petition to keep Lewis alive, but I notice a lot of
comments place blame on the AVON lady. AFAIK she has never made
complaints against Lewis. It sounds like the neighbor who filed suit
claimed the AVON lady was attacked. In fact, I can't find anything that
indicates the complaints against Lewis are comming from more than
perhaps a couple of the neighbors. If anyone knows differently, I'ld
like to hear the story.

stonej
June 21st 06, 08:46 PM
CharlesM wrote:
> "stonej" > wrote in news:1150827270.129896.23940
> @i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>
> > http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/06/20/lewis.lives.ap/index.html
> >

> So what happens if he does get out? I read the CNN article but it
> doesn't say what the consequences are. Would Lewis be put to death?

I get the impression that if the cat gets out and that fact is
discovered then
the cat would be put down. The owner is going to have to be extremely
careful
that Lewis doesn't try and make a break for freedom when she is coming
and
going.