PDA

View Full Version : Ping Phil I need some help

Matthew
June 22nd 06, 03:38 PM
Phil I was just told that Rumble is Diabetic. This is the furball that is
epileptic. I need some information of feline diabetes I figure you go the
best resources that you can tell me where to look.

His Glucose was 437. I have to go in next week and learn how to give him
insulin 2 times a day

Good news is we are going to try and start weaning him off the Diazepam
since he has been seizure free for 3 years he is the one that is allergic to
Phenobarbital

Kiran
June 22nd 06, 07:01 PM

:
: His Glucose was 437. I have to go in next week and learn how to give him
: insulin 2 times a day
:
: Good news is we are going to try and start weaning him off the Diazepam
: since he has been seizure free for 3 years he is the one that is allergic to
: Phenobarbital

Not Phil, juts chiming in...I guess you already know about such url's
as below but for everyone who doesn't:

http://felinediabetes.com

http://www.vetinfo.com/cdiabetes.html

Matthew
June 22nd 06, 08:20 PM
Thank you
"Kiran" > wrote in message
> Matthew > wrote:
>
> : Phil I was just told that Rumble is Diabetic. This is the furball that
> is
> : epileptic. I need some information of feline diabetes I figure you go
> the
> : best resources that you can tell me where to look.
> :
> : His Glucose was 437. I have to go in next week and learn how to give
> him
> : insulin 2 times a day
> :
> : Good news is we are going to try and start weaning him off the Diazepam
> : since he has been seizure free for 3 years he is the one that is
> allergic to
> : Phenobarbital
>
> Not Phil, juts chiming in...I guess you already know about such url's
> as below but for everyone who doesn't:
>
> http://felinediabetes.com
>
> http://www.vetinfo.com/cdiabetes.html

zigzag-man
June 22nd 06, 09:58 PM
Matthew wrote:
> Thank you

What would you like to know buddy?

Ask away

your poast is kind of general...

maybe you just want some general information...

I guess diabetes happen and is quite manageable

What have you done different so far? wean from the seizure med?

Why would you do that, because of a conflict with the diabetes med?

Matthew
June 22nd 06, 10:30 PM
"zigzag-man" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>> Thank you
>

> What would you like to know buddy?
>
> Ask away
>
> your poast is kind of general...
>
> maybe you just want some general information...

At least what to expect

> I guess diabetes happen and is quite manageable
>
> What have you done different so far? wean from the seizure med?

Just found out today that he is diabetic

> Why would you do that, because of a conflict with the diabetes med?

No not that ( not that I know of ) Diazepam is very damaging to kidneys and
the liver in felines. Rumble has been seizure free for 3 years being on
this medication cuts his life expectancy in half. I want him around for a
while plus with diabetes being damaging to the kidneys and other organs I
want to cut out all other factors if possible.

I want my furball to be with me for many long years to come

Phil P.
June 25th 06, 12:35 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message
. ..
> Phil I was just told that Rumble is Diabetic. This is the furball that is
> epileptic. I need some information of feline diabetes I figure you go the
> best resources that you can tell me where to look.
>
> His Glucose was 437. I have to go in next week and learn how to give him
> insulin 2 times a day
>
> Good news is we are going to try and start weaning him off the Diazepam
> since he has been seizure free for 3 years he is the one that is allergic
> Phenobarbital

Hiya Matthew,

Sorry for not replying sooner-- been very busy. I'll go into more detail a
little later.

You might want to try feeding Rumble a very low carbohydrate food. I've had
some pretty good luck with Fancy Feast Tuna & Oceanfish Feast in Aspic with
diabetic cats- I was even able to wean a few off insulin completely with
this food.

Keep the faith,

Phil