PDA

View Full Version : lethargic, trouble jumping, loose stool

Joseph O'Brien
June 23rd 06, 09:38 PM
Hello. I will be taking my cat to the vet today, but I wanted to put
this out there so I can be prepared.

My cat is going on 4 years old. He's generally healthy and active.
Recently his stool hsa been loose and has been more lethargic than
usual. I noticed that he was having trouble jumping a few days ago.
He had to kind of climb up on our bed (rather than jump), and he
wouldn't even try for the bathroom counter.

We have not changed his diet, we don't have any house plants. My other
cat is fine.

Any thoughts? I wish I had taken him to the vet sooner, but my typical
pet philosophy (to prevent me from always running to the vet) is that
if things are going "in" and coming "out," he's probably OK. I give
specific symptoms, a week, unless he's obviously in pain.

Like I said, I'm going to the vet today. However, if I can get a few
ideas of what might be wrong beforehand, I would feel better prepared
to ask appropriate questions.

Thanks,
joseph

Buddy
June 24th 06, 10:59 AM
What did the vet say?

Joseph O'Brien wrote:
> Hello. I will be taking my cat to the vet today, but I wanted to put
> this out there so I can be prepared.
>
> My cat is going on 4 years old. He's generally healthy and active.
> Recently his stool hsa been loose and has been more lethargic than
> usual. I noticed that he was having trouble jumping a few days ago.
> He had to kind of climb up on our bed (rather than jump), and he
> wouldn't even try for the bathroom counter.
>
> We have not changed his diet, we don't have any house plants. My other
> cat is fine.
>
> Any thoughts? I wish I had taken him to the vet sooner, but my typical
> pet philosophy (to prevent me from always running to the vet) is that
> if things are going "in" and coming "out," he's probably OK. I give
> specific symptoms, a week, unless he's obviously in pain.
>
> Like I said, I'm going to the vet today. However, if I can get a few
> ideas of what might be wrong beforehand, I would feel better prepared
> to ask appropriate questions.
>
> Thanks,
> joseph

Catlover Medway via CatKB.com
June 24th 06, 09:03 PM
You'll need to take a sample to the vet for analysis.

Have a look at these factsheets.

http://www.fabcats.org/digestiveproblems.html