PDA

View Full Version : cat sneezing

Laila
June 26th 06, 02:58 AM
my cat has been sneezing since yesterday. and it's not just a few
sneezes here an there. sometimes, it's a lot of sneezes at once. i
have moved temporarily into my parents' house and they have to
indoor/outdoor cats. my kitty is all vaccinated and so are they.
she's never been outside. the other cats are healthy, as far as we all
know. she doesnt' seem to act any differently, except today she was
not too active, but so wasn't anyone else in the house - it's raining
and humid. we have to fly on Thursday. i should probably take her to
the vet, but i was wondering if anyone can think of what it might be.
i guess some type of a respiratory tract infection. i didnt' see any
weird nasal discharge and the eyes are fine too. any ideas?

Gail
June 26th 06, 04:10 AM
Sounds like an upper respiratory infection and she may need antibiotics.
Gail
"Laila" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> my cat has been sneezing since yesterday. and it's not just a few
> sneezes here an there. sometimes, it's a lot of sneezes at once. i
> have moved temporarily into my parents' house and they have to
> indoor/outdoor cats. my kitty is all vaccinated and so are they.
> she's never been outside. the other cats are healthy, as far as we all
> know. she doesnt' seem to act any differently, except today she was
> not too active, but so wasn't anyone else in the house - it's raining
> and humid. we have to fly on Thursday. i should probably take her to
> the vet, but i was wondering if anyone can think of what it might be.
> i guess some type of a respiratory tract infection. i didnt' see any
> weird nasal discharge and the eyes are fine too. any ideas?

sax_playa86
June 26th 06, 05:09 PM
In the early stages of Upper Respiratory you won't necessarily see any
nasal discharge or cloudiness to the eyes. I have nursed numerous
kittens from the shelter I volunteer at through this, and therefore am
quite familiar with just what it is going to take to do so. The cat is
at an early stage, now is the time to get it into the vet and get some
antibiotics before this progresses any further and makes it more
difficult...

Britt