PDA

View Full Version : is my cat in labor?

traceyrenee'
June 26th 06, 04:40 AM
my cat is pregnant, her nipples have clear liquid starting to come out of
them, and she has been laying around the house but shes not screaming or
seeming like shes trying to push, if shes not in labor when will she be im
not exactly sure when she got pregnant, this is her first litter and probally
her first heat to, i didnt think she was old enough to be in heat yet so this
is her first and last she is getting fixed, i want to be there when she has
the kittens in case she has complications being shes young and her first
litter but i dont know when she is going to have them.

lucy707
June 26th 06, 08:08 AM
traceyrenee' wrote:
>my cat is pregnant, her nipples have clear liquid starting to come out of
>them, and she has been laying around the house but shes not screaming or
>seeming like shes trying to push, if shes not in labor when will she be im
>not exactly sure when she got pregnant, this is her first litter and probally
>her first heat to, i didnt think she was old enough to be in heat yet so this
>is her first and last she is getting fixed, i want to be there when she has
>the kittens in case she has complications being shes young and her first
>litter but i dont know when she is going to have them.

her body is might just be preparing for labor and birth. she's getting ready
to produce milk.

Wendy
June 26th 06, 11:46 AM
If she has liquid coming from her nipples then her labor isn't very far off.
Do you have an area set up where she can have the kittens? A quite corner of
a closet is always good - somewhere where she won't be disturbed. Just keep
an eye on her or she's likely to have them on your bed.

I wouldn't expect her to be too vocal once she goes into labor. She's likely
to be breathing heavier than usual and you'll see the stronger contractions.
If you are there when she gives birth just watch to make sure she cleans the
membranes off the kittens faces so they can breathe. Also keep count of the
placentas and make sure she delivers one for each kitten.

http://www.hdw-inc.com/delivery.htm
http://cats.about.com/od/reproduction/a/birthprocess.htm

Just make sure Mom is tending to her kittens and to herself between birthing
kittens. If she isn't and the labor seems to be taking too long contact the
vet.