PDA

View Full Version : Femoral Head and Neck Ostectomy

N Jill Marsh
June 26th 06, 08:50 PM
My two year old cat was recently diagnosed with bilateral
Legge-Calves-Perthes disease. He underwent simultaneous femoral head
and neck ostectomies (FHO) a couple of months ago. The surgery
appears to have been a great success.

When I was trying to decide my course of action, I found relatively
little information about FHOs on cats. In particular, I found almost
no information on healing time, what to expect, etc.

In an attempt to rectify that for others who may be faced with the
same situation, I have put together a web page detailing our
experience so far:

http://www.storm.ca/~njmarsh/FHO/FHO.htm

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Buddy
June 26th 06, 09:25 PM
Thank you for sharing this information with us. Can you tell us what
causes this to happen?