PDA

View Full Version : is my cat in labor

traceyrenee' via CatKB.com
June 27th 06, 08:03 AM
my cat is pregnant, her nipples have clear liquid starting to come out of
them, and she has been laying around the house but shes not screaming or
seeming like shes trying to push, if shes not in labor when will she be im
not exactly sure when she got pregnant, this is her first litter and probally
her first heat to, i didnt think she was old enough to be in heat yet so this
is her first and last she is getting fixed, i want to be there when she has
the kittens in case she has complications being shes young and her first
litter but i dont know when she is going to have them.
now today she threw up yet still no kittens should i be concerned?

June 27th 06, 08:18 AM
"traceyrenee' via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> my cat is pregnant, her nipples have clear liquid starting to come out of
> them, and she has been laying around the house but shes not screaming or
> seeming like shes trying to push, if shes not in labor when will she be im
> not exactly sure when she got pregnant, this is her first litter and
probally
> her first heat to, i didnt think she was old enough to be in heat yet so
this
> is her first and last she is getting fixed, i want to be there when she
has
> the kittens in case she has complications being shes young and her first
> litter but i dont know when she is going to have them.
> now today she threw up yet still no kittens should i be concerned?

Same message, two days later?

Vet, maybe? You think?

-L.
June 27th 06, 09:52 AM
traceyrenee' via CatKB.com wrote:
> my cat is pregnant, her nipples have clear liquid starting to come out of
> them, and she has been laying around the house but shes not screaming or
> seeming like shes trying to push, if shes not in labor when will she be im
> not exactly sure when she got pregnant, this is her first litter and probally
> her first heat to, i didnt think she was old enough to be in heat yet so this
> is her first and last she is getting fixed, i want to be there when she has
> the kittens in case she has complications being shes young and her first
> litter but i dont know when she is going to have them.
> now today she threw up yet still no kittens should i be concerned?

Is she acting normally otherwise? Vomiting can be a sign of labor.
Cats will produce colustrum for a couple days before birth. You need
to make her a soft bed in a quiet area in the dark (a closet works
well) and show it to her. Durning labor she will get restless, may
pant, howl and lick herself a lot, espcially in the vaginal area. She
will look to nest - and may not choose the nest you have made for her.
that's ok - you can move the kittens and clean up the mess later. .
As she births, leave her alone! You only need to check her every 45
minutes to an hour. If you mess with her or the kittens too much, she
may stop labor and/or reject the kittens. Just let her have them and
take care of them.

If she seems sickly, feverish, vomits profusely, won't eat or won't
drink, or generally doesn't look well, take her in asap to the vet!

-L.

traceyrenee' via CatKB.com
June 28th 06, 06:13 AM
im taking her to the vet if nothing happens by tommorrow. i took these two in
as strays i dont have a whole lot of money to pay for high vet bills, i
finally found a valuvet here

cybercat wrote:
>> my cat is pregnant, her nipples have clear liquid starting to come out of
>> them, and she has been laying around the house but shes not screaming or
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>> litter but i dont know when she is going to have them.
>> now today she threw up yet still no kittens should i be concerned?
>
>Same message, two days later?
>
>Vet, maybe? You think?

traceyrenee' via CatKB.com
June 30th 06, 03:54 AM
i called the vet they said give it a few days because she is acting normal
playing with hr brother only threw up that one time not seeming to be in
labor nothing except clear liquid out her nipples im not exactly sure when
she is due?
-L. wrote:
>> my cat is pregnant, her nipples have clear liquid starting to come out of
>> them, and she has been laying around the house but shes not screaming or
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>> litter but i dont know when she is going to have them.
>> now today she threw up yet still no kittens should i be concerned?
>
>Is she acting normally otherwise? Vomiting can be a sign of labor.
>Cats will produce colustrum for a couple days before birth. You need
>to make her a soft bed in a quiet area in the dark (a closet works
>well) and show it to her. Durning labor she will get restless, may
>pant, howl and lick herself a lot, espcially in the vaginal area. She
>will look to nest - and may not choose the nest you have made for her.
>that's ok - you can move the kittens and clean up the mess later. .
>As she births, leave her alone! You only need to check her every 45
>minutes to an hour. If you mess with her or the kittens too much, she
>may stop labor and/or reject the kittens. Just let her have them and
>take care of them.
>
>If she seems sickly, feverish, vomits profusely, won't eat or won't
>drink, or generally doesn't look well, take her in asap to the vet!
>
>-L.

bit-o-honey
June 30th 06, 11:23 AM
traceyrenee' via CatKB.com wrote:

> im taking her to the vet if nothing happens by tommorrow.

I wouldn't do that either

she'll have the babies on her own

you have no reason to believe there should be any problems

I don't understand why people run to the vet every little fart thats
let

YOU'RE CAT IS DOING THE MOST NATURAL THING ON EARTH IT DOES NOT REQUIRE
A VET

Buy good catfood with the money the vet would have gotten
-

traceyrenee' via CatKB.com
July 1st 06, 07:26 AM
thanks bit-o-honey i was starting to feel guilty for not taking her, i am
feeding her iams kitten food the purple bag i read somewhere that was good
for her. i hope she has them soon lol shes been wanting me to hold her non
stop lol hard to do with 3 kids to

bit-o-honey wrote:
>> im taking her to the vet if nothing happens by tommorrow.
>
>I wouldn't do that either
>
>she'll have the babies on her own
>
>you have no reason to believe there should be any problems
>
>I don't understand why people run to the vet every little fart thats
>let
>
>YOU'RE CAT IS DOING THE MOST NATURAL THING ON EARTH IT DOES NOT REQUIRE
>A VET
>
>Buy good catfood with the money the vet would have gotten
>-

bit-o-honey
July 1st 06, 10:33 AM
traceyrenee' via CatKB.com wrote:
> thanks bit-o-honey i was starting to feel guilty for not taking her, i am
> feeding her iams kitten food the purple bag i read somewhere that was good
> for her. i hope she has them soon lol shes been wanting me to hold her non
> stop lol hard to do with 3 kids to

mhmm

I hope you keep at least one of the kittens

Kittens are great!

I took a pregnant cat in once, I made her a bed in the closet, she gave
birth in there.
After having the babies her bed was a little messy, I gave her a couple
of days to recover as she was pretty tired... I changed her bedding and
basically hit the whole box of cats with a big warm wash rag, wiped'em
all down. so you may see a little mess just after, and maybe a little
blood

I put a little napkin of food down next to mommy so she could nibble
without having to get out of bed, I think she liked that. I also
secured her some water in there.

kittens are so darn cute

post back after she has them, or if you have any further concerns

I would expect her to be out of sorts, change of eating habits, litter
habits etc.. she's out of wack for the moment... you have 3 children so
im sure you know how thangs change

the funny thing is, they don't holler like human females, lol

once she starts, it should take maybe a couple of hours... they are
quiet about it...
maybe your children can watch the babies being born, it can be a good
experience

bit-o-honey
July 1st 06, 10:37 AM
-L. wrote:

> Is she acting normally otherwise? Vomiting can be a sign of labor.
> Cats will produce colustrum for a couple days before birth. You need
> to make her a soft bed in a quiet area in the dark (a closet works
> well) and show it to her. Durning labor she will get restless, may
> pant, howl and lick herself a lot, espcially in the vaginal area. She
> will look to nest - and may not choose the nest you have made for her.
> that's ok - you can move the kittens and clean up the mess later. .
> As she births, leave her alone! You only need to check her every 45
> minutes to an hour. If you mess with her or the kittens too much, she
> may stop labor and/or reject the kittens. Just let her have them and
> take care of them.
>
> -L.

my grandmommy had a pregnant cat on her hands

they lost the cat in the house! they couldn't find the cat, they knew
she was pregnant

after a few days they found the cat with her new kittens in a dresser
drawer
it's funny to hear granmom tell it

angel
July 9th 06, 01:37 PM
traceyrenee' via CatKB.com wrote:
> my cat is pregnant

So What up?!?

She had dem babies yet?

traceyrenee' via CatKB.com
July 9th 06, 05:20 PM
she had them the fourth of july, she is solid gray and all 4 of her kittens
are solid black go figure lol but all are alive and so far doing good they
are sneezing just a little bit but i think it might because of my air
conditioner she has moved them several times and will not keep them in her
box so she is in my closet with them she had them under my bed of course lol
while we were downtown watching fireworks if the girls would just stop
wanting to hold them all the time but they are so cute, 3 boys and 1 girl the
girl which i have now named Liberty

angel wrote:
>> my cat is pregnant
>
>So What up?!?
>
>She had dem babies yet?

angel
July 9th 06, 09:11 PM
traceyrenee' via CatKB.com wrote:
> she had them the fourth of july, she is solid gray and all 4 of her kittens
> are solid black go figure lol but all are alive and so far doing good they
> are sneezing just a little bit but i think it might because of my air
> conditioner she has moved them several times and will not keep them in her
> box so she is in my closet with them she had them under my bed of course lol
> while we were downtown watching fireworks if the girls would just stop
> wanting to hold them all the time but they are so cute, 3 boys and 1 girl the
> girl which i have now named Liberty

That's really cool, i like the name Liberty

Yes, I think the a/c might be a little chilly for her and babies...
I think it's more the breeze than the temp, they can always snuggle up
together

I'm sure you're taking very good care of them

satanist like black cats for some reason, be yareful when you give them
away

I take it you're keeping Liberty and maybe Mom?

I know it may be a tough decision

but that would leave you with 3 black males

I wouldn't advertise them in the paper, you could get some freaks
coming for a black cat

traceyrenee' via CatKB.com
July 10th 06, 05:50 AM
i know so i have decided to keep all of them except one and she is going to
my step daughters moms house so i know that one will be taken care of, i
promised her one for her moms house so the rest i have decided to keep but
this is going to be her only litter as soon as she is done nursing im going
to have her spayed. im worried that we might be holding them to much though
i cant wait to see them open their eyes and start walking around the house. i
put extra sheets in the closet and being its upstairs it is a little bit
warmer up there. she is so far a really good mom i still have her on iams
kitten food but her brother now wants it instead of his regular cat food. i
also started her on a can a day of can food now that seems to be all she
wants to eat i have hfood upstairs and in the kitchen so she is close to
her food and fresh water. someone told me to give her regular milk, do you
think that is safe? email me back or either if you want email me at
ok talk to you soon

angel wrote:
>> she had them the fourth of july, she is solid gray and all 4 of her kittens
>> are solid black go figure lol but all are alive and so far doing good they
>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
>> wanting to hold them all the time but they are so cute, 3 boys and 1 girl the
>> girl which i have now named Liberty
>
>That's really cool, i like the name Liberty
>
>Yes, I think the a/c might be a little chilly for her and babies...
>I think it's more the breeze than the temp, they can always snuggle up
>together
>
>I'm sure you're taking very good care of them
>
>satanist like black cats for some reason, be yareful when you give them
>away
>
>I take it you're keeping Liberty and maybe Mom?
>
>I know it may be a tough decision
>
>but that would leave you with 3 black males
>
>I wouldn't advertise them in the paper, you could get some freaks
>coming for a black cat

angel
July 10th 06, 06:38 AM
traceyrenee' via CatKB.com wrote:
> someone told me to give her regular milk, do you
> think that is safe? email me back or either if you want email me at
> ok talk to you soon

I don't really know about milk

I used to give mine milk as a weekly treat and they don't always finish
it
but recently someone told me it would give them worms (that may not be
true considering the source) I haven't given them any since, till I get
educated on the subject

I really like the name Liberty, now you gotta beat that name for the
other 3
what is moms name... are you able to post pics at some point?

I have a black cat too, she's so cute, and sweet as honey

Today, I took a nap, I woke up from my nap, I was on one side of the
bed
my two cats were laying just like me, on their side facing the same way
I was
there we were 3 lazy bones sleeping the afternoon away

you must have central a/c, I think for the room they are in, maybe just
keep the draft off of mom... this will reduce the wind chill factor, lol

-L.
July 10th 06, 08:25 AM
traceyrenee' via CatKB.com wrote:
> i know so i have decided to keep all of them except one and she is going to
> my step daughters moms house so i know that one will be taken care of, i
> promised her one for her moms house so the rest i have decided to keep but
> this is going to be her only litter as soon as she is done nursing im going
> to have her spayed. im worried that we might be holding them to much though

leave the kittens alone or the momma may abandon them. Children should
not be holding kitten until they are at least 5 weeks old.

> i cant wait to see them open their eyes and start walking around the house. i
> put extra sheets in the closet and being its upstairs it is a little bit
> warmer up there. she is so far a really good mom i still have her on iams
> kitten food but her brother now wants it instead of his regular cat food. i
> also started her on a can a day of can food now that seems to be all she
> wants to eat i have hfood upstairs and in the kitchen so she is close to
> her food and fresh water. someone told me to give her regular milk, do you
> think that is safe?

no. Feed her kitten food and high-protein good quality cat food.

-L.

22brix
July 10th 06, 02:53 PM
"angel" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> I don't really know about milk
>
> I used to give mine milk as a weekly treat and they don't always finish
> it
> but recently someone told me it would give them worms (that may not be
> true considering the source) I haven't given them any since, till I get
> educated on the subject

Giving them milk doesn't cause worms but it can cause diarrhoeae--many cats
are lactose intolerant and milk can give them a severe case of the runs!!
They sure do like it, though!

Bonnie

traceyrenee' via CatKB.com
July 11th 06, 06:17 AM
yeah i think i will hold off on the milk to and just keep her on the iams
kitten food, shes in my closet so its warmer in there too. the moms name is
Piper and her brother is Leo off my favorite show charmed so now i have
Liberty, im thinking off one of the boys naming him freedom, the one going to
my stepdaughters house has been named midnight by my step daughter so now 1
more name if i decide to go with freedom ill try to post some pics it was a
sleepy day i took a nap too i need to vacumn my bedroom but im scared witht
hem being in my closet if the noise will be to much on the babies