PDA

View Full Version : My cat stands on me when I sleep.

lucy707 via CatKB.com
June 29th 06, 07:41 AM
When I go to sleep, sometimes I'll wake up and my cat will be standing over
me. If I sleep on my side, she stands on my arm. If I sleep on my back,
she'll be on my chest. Kind of like "standing guard". I don't know why she
would do this. I've had her for almost a week now. (she's 8 weeks old). Does
this happen to anyone else? It's not a problem at all, I kind of take it as a
compliment. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. Could
this be a problem, or could she be trying to tell me something? I don't know.
Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Claude V. Lucas
June 29th 06, 07:46 AM
In article <[email protected]>, lucy707 via CatKB.com <[email protected]> wrote:
>When I go to sleep, sometimes I'll wake up and my cat will be standing over
>me. If I sleep on my side, she stands on my arm. If I sleep on my back,
>she'll be on my chest. Kind of like "standing guard". I don't know why she
>would do this. I've had her for almost a week now. (she's 8 weeks old). Does
>this happen to anyone else? It's not a problem at all, I kind of take it as a
>compliment. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. Could
>this be a problem, or could she be trying to tell me something? I don't know.
>Thanks a lot!!!!!!

If I forget to leave food out for him, Bubba will lick my eyelids while I'm
sleeping early in the morning to remind me of my heinous forgetfulness.

Claude

zigzag-man
June 29th 06, 01:18 PM
lucy707 via CatKB.com wrote:
> When I go to sleep, sometimes I'll wake up and my cat will be standing over
> me. If I sleep on my side, she stands on my arm. If I sleep on my back,
> she'll be on my chest. Kind of like "standing guard". I don't know why she
> would do this. I've had her for almost a week now. (she's 8 weeks old). Does
> this happen to anyone else? It's not a problem at all, I kind of take it as a
> compliment. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. Could
> this be a problem, or could she be trying to tell me something? I don't know.
> Thanks a lot!!!!!!

mine does this too

I kind of taught it to her, sometimes she gets off track kneading the
mattress
i have to put her back on track

as in, "I said git back on the job"

my goal is to get my legs rubbed for free every night

Rhino
June 30th 06, 04:52 AM
"lucy707 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> When I go to sleep, sometimes I'll wake up and my cat will be standing
> over
> me. If I sleep on my side, she stands on my arm. If I sleep on my back,
> she'll be on my chest. Kind of like "standing guard". I don't know why she
> would do this. I've had her for almost a week now. (she's 8 weeks old).
> Does
> this happen to anyone else? It's not a problem at all, I kind of take it
> as a
> compliment. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
> Could
> this be a problem, or could she be trying to tell me something? I don't
> know.
> Thanks a lot!!!!!!

When my cat stands on me, it means one of two things:
1. If it's anywhere close to breakfast time, it's a request for me to get up
and put food in her bowl. (She is sometimes an hour or even two hours early
though so I just ignore her.)
2. If it's the middle of the night and she is purring, she wants to be
stroked. She doesn't like being picked up at any time and only tolerates
stroking when she is lying down WITHOUT being held. She is also very
self-conscious about being stroked when the other cat in the house is around
so she comes to me in the middle of the night when she wants to be stroked.
She is not shy about waking me up for affection either!

Perhaps that is what your kitten means too?

--
Rhino

June 30th 06, 07:16 AM
Mine usually means: