PDA

View Full Version : Cat licking my face

BetsyinVA
June 29th 06, 12:55 PM
Well, I've finally taught the new kitten not to sleep in my hair. His
newest thing is licking my face. He's done this three nights in a row.
He's very thorough, does almost the whole face and neck. I think it's a
bonding thing, like two kittens grooming each other. Which brings up
the question: Does he expect me to lick him back? Should I brush him
right after he does this?

Thanks, Betsy

kraut
June 29th 06, 02:35 PM
>Well, I've finally taught the new kitten not to sleep in my hair. His
>newest thing is licking my face. He's done this three nights in a row.
>He's very thorough, does almost the whole face and neck. I think it's a
>bonding thing, like two kittens grooming each other. Which brings up
>the question: Does he expect me to lick him back? Should I brush him
>right after he does this?
>
>Thanks, Betsy

Two of mine love to lick me on the face and the one drops her head
after licking. All I do to her is "snuzzle" with her.

I just rub my face against her head for a bit then when I stop she
licks me again and drops her head again and we "Snuzzle". This would
go on all morning if I let it.

lucy707 via CatKB.com
June 30th 06, 03:48 AM
BetsyinVA wrote:
>Well, I've finally taught the new kitten not to sleep in my hair. His
>newest thing is licking my face. He's done this three nights in a row.
>He's very thorough, does almost the whole face and neck. I think it's a
>bonding thing, like two kittens grooming each other. Which brings up
>the question: Does he expect me to lick him back? Should I brush him
>right after he does this?
>
>Thanks, Betsy
no, i think the best thing you could do is just rub your cheek on his fur.
this is what my kitten does with my hand. i just pet her and let her know
she's appreciated

bit-o-honey
June 30th 06, 11:05 AM
EXFOLIATED wrote:
>Does he expect me to lick him back? Should I brush him
> right after he does this?
>
> Thanks, Betsy

Dear Betsy,

Yes, your male cat does expect you to lick him back, I don't blame you
for not using your tongue, but you could get a hot wash rag and wipe
him dowwwwnnnn, l think he would really enjoy that.

GIVEM A RAG JOB GIRLFRIEND