PDA

View Full Version : 'Over- the-counter' treatment for diarrhoea

Elle
June 30th 06, 10:21 AM
Hi, I wonder if anyone out there can help me?

I have been using Denes Gastric tablets to cure my pets' diarrhoea
- when a visit to the vet was considered unnecessary.
The tablets contain kaolin and work well, but I have been unable to get
them lately.
I have written to the manufacturers to see if these particular tablets
have been discontinued, but meanwhile would be grateful if anyone knows
of a viable alternative?

Thank you, Elle

Wendy
June 30th 06, 11:37 AM
"Elle" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi, I wonder if anyone out there can help me?
>
> I have been using Denes Gastric tablets to cure my pets' diarrhoea
> - when a visit to the vet was considered unnecessary.
> The tablets contain kaolin and work well, but I have been unable to get
> them lately.
> I have written to the manufacturers to see if these particular tablets
> have been discontinued, but meanwhile would be grateful if anyone knows
> of a viable alternative?
>
> Thank you, Elle

Why was a visit to the vet considered unnecessary for chronic diarrhea and
who made that determination?

Spot
July 1st 06, 03:36 AM
Yea this is kind of odd.

My dog just went through a round of diarhea and all total it cost me 38 for
treatent. That was 25 for the office visit and 13 for the prescription and
he was good as new in 8 days. I'm betting you're spending way more than
this over time and by not going to the vets you certainly do not know what
is going on.

Celeste

. ..