PDA

View Full Version : Cat Meows all morning

June 30th 06, 12:29 PM
So the routine is that the alarm goes off at 6:15 am every day and I
get up and first thing - feed the cat. During the week - this is the
time I get up to go to work. On the weekend I go back to bed.
Regardless of wether I am up or not, over the past month KitKat meows
all morning long after he has eaten. I ignore him, because I am trying
to not encourage this behavior. But this is new for him, he just walks
around the house meowing. After like an hour he stops and goes back to
looking out the window.

Any thoughts or suggestions as to why? Any thought or suggestions on
how to stop it?

Thanks

Danielle

Buddy
June 30th 06, 06:29 PM
How old is he?

wrote:
> So the routine is that the alarm goes off at 6:15 am every day and I
> get up and first thing - feed the cat. During the week - this is the
> time I get up to go to work. On the weekend I go back to bed.
> Regardless of wether I am up or not, over the past month KitKat meows
> all morning long after he has eaten. I ignore him, because I am trying
> to not encourage this behavior. But this is new for him, he just walks
> around the house meowing. After like an hour he stops and goes back to
> looking out the window.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions as to why? Any thought or suggestions on
> how to stop it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Danielle

June 30th 06, 06:40 PM
He is approx 1 1/2 years old....

Buddy wrote:
> How old is he?
>

> wrote:
> > So the routine is that the alarm goes off at 6:15 am every day and I
> > get up and first thing - feed the cat. During the week - this is the
> > time I get up to go to work. On the weekend I go back to bed.
> > Regardless of wether I am up or not, over the past month KitKat meows
> > all morning long after he has eaten. I ignore him, because I am trying
> > to not encourage this behavior. But this is new for him, he just walks
> > around the house meowing. After like an hour he stops and goes back to
> > looking out the window.
> >
> > Any thoughts or suggestions as to why? Any thought or suggestions on
> > how to stop it?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Danielle

June 30th 06, 07:42 PM
wrote:
> So the routine is that the alarm goes off at 6:15 am every day and I
> get up and first thing - feed the cat. During the week - this is the
> time I get up to go to work. On the weekend I go back to bed.
> Regardless of wether I am up or not, over the past month KitKat meows
> all morning long after he has eaten. I ignore him, because I am trying
> to not encourage this behavior. But this is new for him, he just walks
> around the house meowing. After like an hour he stops and goes back to
> looking out the window.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions as to why? Any thought or suggestions on
> how to stop it?

My female cat, Samba, also cries. She does it at night and her crying
goes on for half an hour or more some nights. I worry that it is
bothering the neighbours via the adjoining walls but so far no one has
complained.

It's not every night though. Sometimes, it _is_ every night for several
weeks but sometimes she'll go several weeks without crying.

I've never figured out for sure what causes it but I _suspect_ that she
wants to play. She seems to be quite lively when I go to bed. I once
tried playing with her at bedtime and she was quite enthusiastic. But I
didn't want that to become a habit for us; that would just tend to wake
ME up and make it harder for me to fall asleep!

You could try playing with your cat when he starts crying and see if
that helps the situation.

--
Rhino