PDA

View Full Version : Soft Paw Problem

July 5th 06, 11:29 PM
I have a cat who has Softpaws on his little paws, and a couple of them
have not fallen off, and the nail of course is growing and one is
digging into the pad of one of the toes of his foot. What can I do
about this before I resort to a vet visit to remove them?

-L.
July 6th 06, 12:22 AM
wrote:
> I have a cat who has Softpaws on his little paws, and a couple of them
> have not fallen off, and the nail of course is growing and one is
> digging into the pad of one of the toes of his foot. What can I do
> about this before I resort to a vet visit to remove them?

You need to get a pair fo scissor-type nail clippers. Like these:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444177 7735&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302025565&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023690&bmUID=1152141664696&itemNo=18&Nao=12&In=Cat&N=2025565&Ne=2

Then you cut the nail in the middle, through the SoftPaw tip, a bit
toward the end of the nail. That will cause the SoftPaw tip to come
off and the sheath of the nail to be shed. At that point you can just
trim the nail as usual.

-L.
keywords groomax nail trim clip claw trimming sheath Soft Paws SoftPaws
Paw