PDA

View Full Version : Mega colon

Rhonda
July 6th 06, 04:02 AM
Anyone had a cat with this?

What did you do and how long did it take the cat to get going again?

We've (we and the vet) been working with one of our cats for 3 days now.
I feel so sorry for the cat.

Rhonda

gleep
July 7th 06, 03:25 AM
My vet prescribed a 10 percent Cisapride solution. .5cc twice a day,
and 2.5cc of Lactulose twice a day. It seems to have started working
in less than a week and my (rather small) cat has been in fine
condition for about three years now.

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 03:02:48 GMT, Rhonda >
wrote:

>Anyone had a cat with this?
>
>What did you do and how long did it take the cat to get going again?
>
>We've (we and the vet) been working with one of our cats for 3 days now.
>I feel so sorry for the cat.
>
>Rhonda

Rhonda
July 7th 06, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Those 2 medications are what Sweeter is on, too.

That's good to know that she recovered and is doing well now. This is a
bit scary -- it's going on so long. She is eating very little and is
losing so much weight.

It really is good to know that your cat is doing well!

Thanks,

Rhonda