PDA

View Full Version : I had no idea!


July 6th 06, 04:16 AM
I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE

July 6th 06, 05:49 AM
wrote:

> I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE

I'm completely fascinated by this video. I've been watching it now for
a couple of days and I can't stop. There's an aptness to a cat on a
treadmill that pegs into my brain and I can't explain. I sit legs on
the chair, elbows on the desk, face glued to the screen and eyes
fixated on the kitty. When it ends I restart it, when it ends again i
go get some biscuits and water, sit again, legs on the chair arms on
the desk, and restart it, when it ends i restart it again. There's an
aptness to a cat on a treadmill that pegs into my brain and i can't
explain. Never been as much fascinated.

Niel Humphreys
July 6th 06, 08:23 AM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>
>
> I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE


Lol, incredible
--

Niel H

Elizabeth Blake
July 6th 06, 09:00 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> wrote:
>
> > I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE
>
> I'm completely fascinated by this video. I've been watching it now for
> a couple of days and I can't stop. There's an aptness to a cat on a
> treadmill that pegs into my brain and I can't explain. I sit legs on
> the chair, elbows on the desk, face glued to the screen and eyes
> fixated on the kitty. When it ends I restart it, when it ends again i
> go get some biscuits and water, sit again, legs on the chair arms on
> the desk, and restart it, when it ends i restart it again. There's an
> aptness to a cat on a treadmill that pegs into my brain and i can't
> explain. Never been as much fascinated.

At first I thought, "okay, the poor cat was just too dumb to jump off when
it started to move and now he's stuck'. But he kept chugging along until he
couldn't keep up and slid off the back. And then he jumps right back on, so
I guess he really does enjoy it. I wish I had a treadmill for my cat Isaac.
He's got loads of energy to spare and could use something like this (or one
of those giant cat wheels) to wear him out at night.

--
Liz

July 6th 06, 09:29 PM
"Niel Humphreys" > wrote:

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>>
>>
>> I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE
>
>
>Lol, incredible


I like this one even more :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLD2vlxRM0

-mhd

Niel Humphreys
July 6th 06, 09:46 PM
> wrote in message
...
> "Niel Humphreys" > wrote:
>
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>>>
>>>
>>> I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE
>>
>>
>>Lol, incredible
>
>
> I like this one even more :-)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLD2vlxRM0


Yea, then I watched the other video put up by that guy and it shows what a
bunch of clueless idiots he and his friends are.
--

Niel H

July 6th 06, 10:42 PM
Niel Humphreys wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ...
> > "Niel Humphreys" > wrote:
> >
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
> >>>
> >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE
> >>
> >>
> >>Lol, incredible
> >
> >
> > I like this one even more :-)
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLD2vlxRM0
>
>
> Yea, then I watched the other video put up by that guy and it shows what a
> bunch of clueless idiots he and his friends are.
> --
>
> Niel H

I was thinking that throwing the two kitties at each other wasn't
smart. That "Novermber" kitty is cute though. It looked like it was
panting on the treadmill. Surprisingly there are quite a few cat on a
treadmill videos on youtube. It does seem that kitties do like
treadmills.

cybercat
July 7th 06, 05:00 AM
> wrote >
> I like this one even more :-)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLD2vlxRM0
>
> -mhd

:)

What a cat! I love this. I especially like how she really
wants to get to her owner who is holding the cameral.
What a sweetie!

lucy707 via CatKB.com
July 7th 06, 07:02 AM
wrote:
>I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE


http://media.ebaumsworld.com/wmv/tourettescat.wmv


this is pretty hilarious too... (bad language though).

--
C

Message posted via CatKB.com
http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/cat-health/200607/1

Niel Humphreys
July 7th 06, 08:37 AM
"lucy707 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> wrote:
>>I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
>>
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE
>
> http://media.ebaumsworld.com/wmv/tourettescat.wmv
>
> this is pretty hilarious too... (bad language though).
>
> --
> C


This was the subject of a previous thread. Actually when you consider that
the poor kitties are wondering why their 'owner' is shouting at them and
being so agressive towards them it is bordering on abuse and not hilarious
at all. While it is true that cats basically don't understand spoken words
they are very much aware of the tone of voice and anger within. Those poor
kitties are probably confused and wondering what they have done wrong to be
on the end of such anger. :(
--

Niel H

ceb2
July 7th 06, 02:48 PM
wrote:
> I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE

Mine could use the exercize:

http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/9373/im0019220vj.jpg

July 7th 06, 03:20 PM
Niel Humphreys wrote:
> "lucy707 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > wrote:
> >>I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
> >>
> >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE
> >
> > http://media.ebaumsworld.com/wmv/tourettescat.wmv
> >
> > this is pretty hilarious too... (bad language though).
> >
> > --
> > C
>
>
> This was the subject of a previous thread. Actually when you consider that
> the poor kitties are wondering why their 'owner' is shouting at them and
> being so agressive towards them it is bordering on abuse and not hilarious
> at all. While it is true that cats basically don't understand spoken words
> they are very much aware of the tone of voice and anger within. Those poor
> kitties are probably confused and wondering what they have done wrong to be
> on the end of such anger. :(
> --
>
> Niel H

Yeah, I too thought that was cruel and painfully unfunny. That guy was
an idiot. Which reminds me... what's wrong with this kitty? I didn't
find it "funny" at all. It bothered me much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeE2E7nqe0w

Niel Humphreys
July 7th 06, 03:27 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> Niel Humphreys wrote:
>> "lucy707 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>> > wrote:
>> >>I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
>> >>
>> >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE
>> >
>> > http://media.ebaumsworld.com/wmv/tourettescat.wmv
>> >
>> > this is pretty hilarious too... (bad language though).
>> >
>> > --
>> > C
>>
>>
>> This was the subject of a previous thread. Actually when you consider
>> that
>> the poor kitties are wondering why their 'owner' is shouting at them and
>> being so agressive towards them it is bordering on abuse and not
>> hilarious
>> at all. While it is true that cats basically don't understand spoken
>> words
>> they are very much aware of the tone of voice and anger within. Those
>> poor
>> kitties are probably confused and wondering what they have done wrong to
>> be
>> on the end of such anger. :(
>> --
>>
>> Niel H
>
> Yeah, I too thought that was cruel and painfully unfunny. That guy was
> an idiot. Which reminds me... what's wrong with this kitty? I didn't
> find it "funny" at all. It bothered me much.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeE2E7nqe0w


That one's probably 'hunting' and is a bit vocal at a dangly toy off camera.
My cats sit on the windowsill chattering away at birds outside all the time
like that.
--

Niel H

Magic Mood JeepŠ
July 7th 06, 03:32 PM
wrote:
> Niel Humphreys wrote:
>> "lucy707 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> wrote:
>>>> I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
>>>>
>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE
>>>
>>> http://media.ebaumsworld.com/wmv/tourettescat.wmv
>>>
>>> this is pretty hilarious too... (bad language though).
>>>
>>> --
>>> C
>>
>>
>> This was the subject of a previous thread. Actually when you
>> consider that the poor kitties are wondering why their 'owner' is
>> shouting at them and being so agressive towards them it is bordering
>> on abuse and not hilarious at all. While it is true that cats
>> basically don't understand spoken words they are very much aware of
>> the tone of voice and anger within. Those poor kitties are probably
>> confused and wondering what they have done wrong to be on the end of
>> such anger. :( --
>>
>> Niel H
>
> Yeah, I too thought that was cruel and painfully unfunny. That guy was
> an idiot. Which reminds me... what's wrong with this kitty? I didn't
> find it "funny" at all. It bothered me much.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeE2E7nqe0w

If you look closely at the lower left of the screen, just as the camera
"zooms" in on the cat before he starts 'acting crazy' you will see a flash
of peach (you can see it several other times as the cat's head moves around
and the camera follows it) - it's the cameraman's hand, and he's scratching
the cat at the base of it's tail! Some cats react that way when you do that
to them. There is another video, where the cat does that, and the cat
sounds like Donald Duck saying "I do I do I do", but in this video, it is a
wider shot, and the cat's owner ... er slave... is scratching it's back, at
the base of it's tail, and asking the cat if he loves him. - it's actually a
part of this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV6DQuEh4UQ&search=talking%20cats. The part
I'm talking about is the 3rd segment, after the cat that says "mama" for
treats, and before the angry 'cussing' cat

July 7th 06, 09:01 PM
Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:

> wrote:
> > Niel Humphreys wrote:
> >> "lucy707 via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]
> >>> wrote:
> >>>> I had no idea kitties liked the treadmill
> >>>>
> >>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41e0RE0c3sE
> >>>
> >>> http://media.ebaumsworld.com/wmv/tourettescat.wmv
> >>>
> >>> this is pretty hilarious too... (bad language though).
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> C
> >>
> >>
> >> This was the subject of a previous thread. Actually when you
> >> consider that the poor kitties are wondering why their 'owner' is
> >> shouting at them and being so agressive towards them it is bordering
> >> on abuse and not hilarious at all. While it is true that cats
> >> basically don't understand spoken words they are very much aware of
> >> the tone of voice and anger within. Those poor kitties are probably
> >> confused and wondering what they have done wrong to be on the end of
> >> such anger. :( --
> >>
> >> Niel H
> >
> > Yeah, I too thought that was cruel and painfully unfunny. That guy was
> > an idiot. Which reminds me... what's wrong with this kitty? I didn't
> > find it "funny" at all. It bothered me much.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeE2E7nqe0w
>
> If you look closely at the lower left of the screen, just as the camera
> "zooms" in on the cat before he starts 'acting crazy' you will see a flash
> of peach (you can see it several other times as the cat's head moves around
> and the camera follows it) - it's the cameraman's hand, and he's scratching
> the cat at the base of it's tail! Some cats react that way when you do that
> to them. There is another video, where the cat does that, and the cat
> sounds like Donald Duck saying "I do I do I do", but in this video, it is a
> wider shot, and the cat's owner ... er slave... is scratching it's back, at
> the base of it's tail, and asking the cat if he loves him. - it's actually a
> part of this video
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV6DQuEh4UQ&search=talking%20cats. The part
> I'm talking about is the 3rd segment, after the cat that says "mama" for
> treats, and before the angry 'cussing' cat

Hahaha. That blues cat at the end is far too hilarious.

Oh my dog
Oh long john
Oh long johnson
Oh don piano
why I eyes ya
All the live long day

Reminds me of that Rothmans chain-smoking black old poet distant uncle
of mine on my mother's side. I swear it's too real. Hahahahaha.