PDA

View Full Version : cat suddenly paralyzed

July 9th 06, 05:46 PM
Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke (alothough it had
never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for her) and we
got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore. It's now been
more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely paralized from the
neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but im sure she
must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my girlfriend saw
her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking strait. We haven't
taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be able to. Does
any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what we can do?

July 9th 06, 05:57 PM
I Forgot to add. She has pooped once and peed atleast 2 times, she can
kinda move her front legs and tail, but nothing ellse below her neck.

Matthew
July 9th 06, 06:10 PM
WE ARE NOT VETS OUT HERE YOU CAT NEEDS EMERGENCY CARE NOW
FIND THE MONEY AND STOP WASTING TIME HERE IN THE NEWSGROUP AND TAKE HER TO
THE ANIMAL HOSPITAL TODAY

Gail
July 9th 06, 06:33 PM
She MUST see a vet. Your cat is in PAIN and no one here can diagnose what is
wrong. Please call the vet to see if you can make payments or beg or borrow
the money. Let us know.....
Gail
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
> twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
> day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke (alothough it had
> never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for her) and we
> got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore. It's now been
> more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely paralized from the
> neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but im sure she
> must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my girlfriend saw
> her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking strait. We haven't
> taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be able to. Does
> any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what we can do?

Elle
July 9th 06, 06:43 PM
Too many possibilities exist here--she could have eaten a
poison; has a failing internal organ; had a stroke; other.

I do think there can be no doubt that your cat is suffering.

Please take her to a vet and at least get a diagnosis. If
treatment is too expensive, do the humane thing and
euthanize her to put her out of her agony. Watching your cat
die in pain is likely to stay with you for a very long time.

> wrote
> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat
> sitting by our
> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait,
> and she was
> twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a
> pretty hot
> day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke
> (alothough it had
> never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for
> her) and we
> got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore.
> It's now been
> more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely
> paralized from the
> neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but
> im sure she
> must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my
> girlfriend saw
> her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking
> strait. We haven't
> taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be
> able to. Does
> any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what
> we can do?

Elle
July 9th 06, 06:46 PM
P.S. From a presentation at a vet's office recently, I
learned that cats and other animals disguise their pain for
as long as possible by instinct, because to appear to be in
distress puts them at the risk of predators.

If your cat is now showing pain or disability, you should
understand it is severe.

22brix
July 9th 06, 06:56 PM
Your cat really needs to be seen NOW! This is a true emergency. No one can
diagnose this on a news group. I know it can be expensive but you owe it to
your cat. Even if she may not seem to be in pain, she's got to be in
distress. Imagine how you'd feel if you couldn't move. Please do the right
thing and take her to see the vet. By the way, just heat stroke can and will
kill. Early treatment is vital.

Bonnie

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
> twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
> day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke (alothough it had
> never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for her) and we
> got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore. It's now been
> more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely paralized from the
> neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but im sure she
> must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my girlfriend saw
> her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking strait. We haven't
> taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be able to. Does
> any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what we can do?

Matthew
July 9th 06, 07:51 PM
WE ARE NOT VETS OUT HERE YOU CAT NEEDS EMERGENCY CARE NOW
FIND THE MONEY AND STOP WASTING TIME HERE IN THE NEWSGROUPS AND TAKE HER
THE ANIMAL HOSPITAL TODAY
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I Forgot to add. She has pooped once and peed atleast 2 times, she can
> kinda move her front legs and tail, but nothing ellse below her neck.

Popsie's Mom
July 9th 06, 07:51 PM
Hi, sorry about your cat. It is scarey when we have a pet that is not
acting like themselves and we can't just up and spend $200 at a vet.
Popsie reacts to the heat even in airconditioning here in Florida. If
it gets boiling hot outside the air doesn't quite cut it inside and
sometimes she looks dazed and acts "stupid" like she wants to talk to
us or do something but can't. She may lay down and sleep for hours and
hours. THEN, like a lightbulb going off in our heads, particularly if
we are sweating we take her to the bathtub and soak her down real good
and just blot her dry. BINGO, next thing we know, she's back to
Popsie. We DO realize she COULD have a seizure disorder, or diabetes
or whatever, but for now, if a quick rinse-off snaps her back - we are
happy. Sometimes she has been utterly LIMP and OUT OF IT - and this
works. It's a suggestion??? Hope and pray your baby is doing great
next report. God bless you. Gail Lynn
wrote:
> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
> twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
> day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke (alothough it had
> never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for her) and we
> got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore. It's now been
> more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely paralized from the
> neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but im sure she
> must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my girlfriend saw
> her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking strait. We haven't
> taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be able to. Does
> any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what we can do?

Popsie's Mom
July 9th 06, 08:02 PM
Sorry, I did not realize the extent of your cat's paralysis. However, I
do understand when the cash is not at hand. I went online and found
this:

PaLC: Emergency InformationPets 911 is a free National Public Referral
Service, searchable by zip code (including animal ... If you need
emergency animal care or control services, ...
www.palc.org/emergencyinfo.html

Maybe they can work with you. God bless you. Gail Lynn Batton

wrote:
> I Forgot to add. She has pooped once and peed atleast 2 times, she can
> kinda move her front legs and tail, but nothing ellse below her neck.

Elle
July 9th 06, 08:43 PM
"Popsie's Mom" > wrote
> To add to my own post before anyone else does, IF I
> thought Popsie's
> condition was life threatening or she did NOT "snap out of
> it" - we
> would seek Adams Veterinary Clinic fast or go right up the
> road to the
> Emergency Animal Hospital. However, it takes lots of hard
> cold cash
> that at other times of my life I was not so blessed to be
> able to have
> for my pets and they suffered. I was a hard working Mom
> with children
> and it was all I could do to feed my kids. All kids need
> a pet, but,
> with a pet comes a LOT of responsibility, now that I am
> older, I am
> finally finding out. Popsie was spayed when the time was
> right and
> shots and wormed and regular visits and flea/tick control
> on time. SO,
> do ONLY people who can "afford" to "keep up" a pet have a
> pet?

I can appreciate the double quotation marks around "afford"
and "keep up." They are so relative.

For my part, I am resigned that I cannot save every cat or
dog (healthy or not) in my area. I won't take more than two
cats, because the vet bills do mount up, and I am selfish
enough that I won't spend all my money saving cats. Also, I
think that if I did fill my house with rescue cats. In my
area, there would always be more. I also won't spend all my
money saving, arguably far more importantly, children dying
in Africa. I volunteer a number of hours each week for an
animal rescue organization. It's nothing, in the greater
scheme of things. The organization seems to be ramping up
its efforts but I suspect it's a case of demand (for foster
homes for cats and dogs) always exceeding supply. There are
just too many people who don't spay/neuter their animals in
my area.

I think many animal rescue volunteers become saturated, and
one by one (with some exceptions) attrit. And nothing or
very little really changes.

Then--to me--there is the decision about how much to spend
on a very sick animal's care. I often think how many young
health animals this money could save. Is it better to have
100 cats and dogs enjoy life to the age of seven, or have 20
cats and dogs enjoy life to the age of 14? That sort of
calculation that I think honest people will admit is out
there and of course is brutal.

> If so,
> the very people who NEED pets emotionally probably would
> never have one
> - correct?

Yes. Leaving the wealthier who often do not care about
society's needs and so would promote more euthanization of
healthy dogs and cats.

> I live in a retirement home. We who have a pet MUST do
> all
> of the above and the pet must stay inside only. HOWEVER,
> strays come
> onto the campus property and have babies and grandbabies
> and great...
> and and and. SO, periodically, the cat-catcher does his
> thing. Miami
> is over-run with feral or stray or alley cats. Keeps mice
> down. (more
> delicate to say mice than rats). Hope all are well today.

Take care, Popsie's mom. The wise elderly are the only
chance young folks have.

July 9th 06, 08:52 PM
wrote:

>Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
>aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
>twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
>day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke (alothough it had
>never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for her) and we
>got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore. It's now been
>more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely paralized from the
>neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but im sure she
>must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my girlfriend saw
>her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking strait. We haven't
>taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be able to. Does
>any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what we can do?

Why the hell isn't this cat at a vet?

-mhd

Elle
July 9th 06, 09:02 PM
> wrote
> wrote:
>
>>Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat
>>sitting by our
>>aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait,
>>and she was
>>twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a
>>pretty hot
>>day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke
>>(alothough it had
>>never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for
>>her) and we
>>got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore.
>>It's now been
>>more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely
>>paralized from the
>>neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but
>>im sure she
>>must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my
>>girlfriend saw
>>her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking
>>strait. We haven't
>>taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be
>>able to. Does
>>any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what
>>we can do?
>
> Why the hell isn't this cat at a vet?

Out of curiosity:
What part of "due to money we probably won't be able to
[take her to a vet]" does not make sense to you?

How many cats are being euthanized this week at your local
shelter because you refused to rescue them?

I think you could find a more persuasive tone to help this
cat. That's the point, isn't it?

angel
July 9th 06, 09:22 PM
wrote:
> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
> twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
> day out

well maybe God will be merciful and kill the little pussy before
"ya'll" do any more damage to it

I hope the cat dies suddenly and quickly if you can't get it to a vet
you should take it out and stone it, put it out of it's misery

Just kidding!

Call a church dumbass you people get on my damn nerves

Pawn some ****! and take the cat to the vet or don't have a cat at all

angel
July 9th 06, 09:26 PM
wrote:
> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was

yeah and I bet your ass is 3 feet wide

you and your mammas!

I bet you spent more money on lottery tickets and kmart junk-****

shame on you hoes

don't tell me no damn lies! you spent enough money yesterday to more
than handle the problem

ever heard of sacrifice? ****'n press on nail wearin trollip

I got you number nasty weed monkey

it's too late...

and you're a dinga ling for leaving everybody here hanging

it's cause the cat died didn't it

damn! and there's a perfectly good addy shot to hell

Ann
July 9th 06, 09:33 PM
On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 09:46:26 -0700, skuddo wrote:

> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
> twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio ...

In any area where rabies is a possibility, any animal with an unexplained,
relatively sudden, nervous system disorder should be taken to a
veterinarian It's probably something else - some cats are prone to
blood clots that cause paralysis from the site of the clot, back. You
might be willing to take the chance that it isn't rabies, but she is an
outside cat and other people may have handled her.

Using Google, I find that the Humane Society & SPCA of Bexar County (and
San Antonio) is open until 7pm tonight (they're closed tomorrow). Why not
give them a call and see what they suggest what you might do.
http://www.humanesocietyspca.org/

Popsie's Mom
July 9th 06, 10:04 PM
I very much value a post like yours because I get mail all the time for
donations for this or that; churches want tithe and donations; family
need help; etc. I've learned to watch out for myself as to my own
ESSENTIALS because nobody else will. My Mom and Dad wrote out a tithe
check for $100 to a church and had no groceries to eat and were to
embarressed to ask for help. So, they tore up the check and prayed
about it and bought food. They have a tiny poodle and "Christy" is
always taken care of - why? They know she is "human" to them and has
to be taken care of. I see posts below this one that do not merit
comment. I've been there too. I've had to pawn everything I've owned
not for a cat but for my children to have something to eat or for gas
for our car for my husband to go to work. I've also sold blood plasma
for $15 for something to eat or a little gasoline. You do what you
have to do. But all that is not encouraging a lady whose cat is dear
to her and is "family" to her and she is scared. She does not need to
be blessed out and put down. As for rabies or whatever? I don't know.

> I can appreciate the double quotation marks around "afford"
> and "keep up." They are so relative.
>
> For my part, I am resigned that I cannot save every cat or
> dog (healthy or not) in my area. I won't take more than two
> cats, because the vet bills do mount up, and I am selfish
> enough that I won't spend all my money saving cats. Also, I
> think that if I did fill my house with rescue cats. In my
> area, there would always be more. I also won't spend all my
> money saving, arguably far more importantly, children dying
> in Africa. I volunteer a number of hours each week for an
> animal rescue organization. It's nothing, in the greater
> scheme of things. The organization seems to be ramping up
> its efforts but I suspect it's a case of demand (for foster
> homes for cats and dogs) always exceeding supply. There are
> just too many people who don't spay/neuter their animals in
> my area.
>
> I think many animal rescue volunteers become saturated, and
> one by one (with some exceptions) attrit. And nothing or
> very little really changes.
>
> Then--to me--there is the decision about how much to spend
> on a very sick animal's care. I often think how many young
> health animals this money could save. Is it better to have
> 100 cats and dogs enjoy life to the age of seven, or have 20
> cats and dogs enjoy life to the age of 14? That sort of
> calculation that I think honest people will admit is out
> there and of course is brutal.
>
> > If so,
> > the very people who NEED pets emotionally probably would
> > never have one
> > - correct?
>
> Yes. Leaving the wealthier who often do not care about
> society's needs and so would promote more euthanization of
> healthy dogs and cats.
>
> > I live in a retirement home. We who have a pet MUST do
> > all
> > of the above and the pet must stay inside only. HOWEVER,
> > strays come
> > onto the campus property and have babies and grandbabies
> > and great...
> > and and and. SO, periodically, the cat-catcher does his
> > thing. Miami
> > is over-run with feral or stray or alley cats. Keeps mice
> > down. (more
> > delicate to say mice than rats). Hope all are well today.
>
> Take care, Popsie's mom. The wise elderly are the only
> chance young folks have.

cybercat
July 10th 06, 01:18 AM
"Elle" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> > wrote
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat
> >>sitting by our
> >>aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait,
> >>and she was
> >>twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a
> >>pretty hot
> >>day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke
> >>(alothough it had
> >>never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for
> >>her) and we
> >>got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore.
> >>It's now been
> >>more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely
> >>paralized from the
> >>neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but
> >>im sure she
> >>must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my
> >>girlfriend saw
> >>her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking
> >>strait. We haven't
> >>taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be
> >>able to. Does
> >>any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what
> >>we can do?
> >
> > Why the hell isn't this cat at a vet?
>
> Out of curiosity:
> What part of "due to money we probably won't be able to
> [take her to a vet]" does not make sense to you?
>
> How many cats are being euthanized this week at your local
> shelter because you refused to rescue them?
>
> I think you could find a more persuasive tone to help this
> cat. That's the point, isn't it?

Idiot.

angel
July 10th 06, 01:41 AM
Candace wrote:

> It's a dilemma--iis a home that
> cannot provide vet care better than no home? At least the cat will get
> fed and have some love in its life.

Yes it's far better to have a home even with no vet care, but like you
said

the OP here, has not stated any efforts to get credit, or some sort of
intervention from any vet er facilities. You would think at a minimum
the local county/city authorities would direct her to low-cost
solution, or offer to come get the cat.

Of course the obvious lesson here is DON'T LEAVE A CAT OUTSIDE

they left it in the heat all day, this is such a sad story, poor little
cat waiting outside the door for the bitches to come home from the
mall. I know damn well they ain't that damn broke or ignorant that they
couldn't even call the pound to get direction.

makes me angry

I don't have alot of money laying around either, but it is almost
criminal to let an animal suffer and even more ignorant to go public
and tell it.

PLENTY could have been done from the onset of their discovery, it's
cruel and borderline criminal, they are being negligent

it was like Yesterday that the cat went limp from the heat.

them two need shot with **** then whipped for stinking

Elle
July 10th 06, 04:13 AM
"cybercat" > wrote
> "Elle" > wrote
>> > wrote

>> > Why the hell isn't this cat at a vet?
>>
>> Out of curiosity:
>> What part of "due to money we probably won't be able to
>> [take her to a vet]" does not make sense to you?
>>
>> How many cats are being euthanized this week at your
>> local
>> shelter because you refused to rescue them?
>>
>> I think you could find a more persuasive tone to help
>> this
>> cat. That's the point, isn't it?
>>

> Idiot.

If you can't respond to the questions, then I think that
proves my points above.

Matthew
July 10th 06, 04:23 AM
"Elle" > wrote in message
k.net...
> "cybercat" > wrote
>> "Elle" > wrote

>>> Out of curiosity:
>>> What part of "due to money we probably won't be able to
>>> [take her to a vet]" does not make sense to you?
>>>
>>> How many cats are being euthanized this week at your local
>>> shelter because you refused to rescue them?
>>>
>>> I think you could find a more persuasive tone to help this
>>> cat. That's the point, isn't it?
>>>

>> Idiot.
>
> If you can't respond to the questions, then I think that proves my points
> above.

One thing that I learned a long time ago the one that blows the horn is
usually the one full of hot air

Elle
July 10th 06, 05:11 AM
"cybercat" > wrote
> "Matthew" > wrote
>> "Elle" > wrote
>>> "cybercat" > wrote

>>> If you can't respond to the questions, then I think that
>>> proves my points above.
>>>

>> One thing that I learned a long time ago the one that
>> blows the horn is usually the one full of hot air
>>

> :)
>
> Onde thing I learned a long time ago is that anyone who
> posts to Usenet (on a computer
> worth several hundred dollars) about a critically ill
> animal instead of taking the animal to the
> vet is criminally negligent and personally abhorrent--at
> least to me.

Negligent, yes.

Criminally, no.

Personally abhorent? Depends. If they know low cost ways to
put a very sick animal out of its suffering and do not act
upon them, then they are abhorrent. If they are asking what
to do, then they are simply not educated on the point.

> Well, "Matt," what do you think?
>
> Could you, would you leave a critically ill animal to
> suffer?

He is leaving a critically ill animal to suffer. Many each
day, as a matter of fact. Pillory him.

I asked a few polite questions. You did not answer. That
still says it all.

snip. Vulgarity only reflects on you and doesn't help this
discussion or newsgroup.

Congratulations (for making it so quickly into my killfile).
I demand rational discussion or else I do a disservice to
everyone here trying to get help with their animals.

July 10th 06, 05:11 AM
"Elle" > wrote:

> wrote
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat
>>>sitting by our
>>>aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait,
>>>and she was
>>>twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a
>>>pretty hot
>>>day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke
>>>(alothough it had
>>>never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for
>>>her) and we
>>>got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore.
>>>It's now been
>>>more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely
>>>paralized from the
>>>neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but
>>>im sure she
>>>must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my
>>>girlfriend saw
>>>her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking
>>>strait. We haven't
>>>taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be
>>>able to. Does
>>>any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what
>>>we can do?
>>
>> Why the hell isn't this cat at a vet?
>
>Out of curiosity:
>What part of "due to money we probably won't be able to
>[take her to a vet]" does not make sense to you?
>
>How many cats are being euthanized this week at your local
>shelter because you refused to rescue them?
>
>I think you could find a more persuasive tone to help this
>cat. That's the point, isn't it?

Give me a break, they can afford Internet service and a computer but
can't find money for vet care? It's usually just priorities when money
is scarce. Hell, just don't go drinking for 3 weeks or cut back on the
Big Macs. Probably got a cell phone too.

-mhd

Elle
July 10th 06, 05:17 AM
> wrote
> "Elle" > wrote:
>
> wrote

>>> Why the hell isn't this cat at a vet?
>>
>>Out of curiosity:
>>What part of "due to money we probably won't be able to
>>[take her to a vet]" does not make sense to you?
>>
>>How many cats are being euthanized this week at your local
>>shelter because you refused to rescue them?
>>
>>I think you could find a more persuasive tone to help this
>>cat. That's the point, isn't it?
>>

> Give me a break, they can afford Internet service and a
> computer but
> can't find money for vet care?

You can afford internet service and a computer but can't
take in five more cats?

You are in no position to judge. You might be in a position
to help.

No one says they can't find a way to get vet care. They may
simply be unaware of all their options.

Given the way you kicked this stranger when s/he was down,
and with such apparent "on higher moral ground" (so you fool
yourself) glee, I sure would have concerns about how you
treat animals.

Candace
July 10th 06, 06:34 AM
Elle wrote:

> No one says they can't find a way to get vet care. They may
> simply be unaware of all their options.
>
> Given the way you kicked this stranger when s/he was down,
> and with such apparent "on higher moral ground" (so you fool
> yourself) glee, I sure would have concerns about how you
> treat animals.

Someone tipped me off to the OP's google posting history:

http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou

Interesting. Apparently there is enough money in that particular
household for some recreational drug use, just not quite enough to help
a poor, paralyzed cat.

Candace

angel
July 10th 06, 06:51 AM
Candace wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou
>
> Interesting. Apparently there is enough money in that particular
> household for some recreational drug use, just not quite enough to help
> a poor, paralyzed cat.
>
> Candace

> http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou
> http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou
> http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou
> http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou
> http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou

ROFLMAO

July 10th 06, 06:54 AM
"Elle" > wrote:

>You can afford internet service and a computer but can't
>take in five more cats?

Straw man argument. The OP is sitting around with a paralyzed cat and
you sit around making stupid posts. There is only one response to the
Op and that is to get the cat to a vet.

-mhd

July 10th 06, 06:57 AM
"Candace" > wrote:

>Elle wrote:
>>
>> No one says they can't find a way to get vet care. They may
>> simply be unaware of all their options.
>>
>> Given the way you kicked this stranger when s/he was down,
>> and with such apparent "on higher moral ground" (so you fool
>> yourself) glee, I sure would have concerns about how you
>> treat animals.
>
>Someone tipped me off to the OP's google posting history:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou
>
>Interesting. Apparently there is enough money in that particular
>household for some recreational drug use, just not quite enough to help
>a poor, paralyzed cat.
>
>Candace

Don't confuse Elle with facts.

-mhd

angel
July 10th 06, 07:04 AM
Elle wrote:

> If you can't respond to the questions, then I think that
> proves my points above.

BE ADVISED TO THE FOLLOWING LAWS AND PENALTIES
OF THE STATE OF TEXAS

State of Texas Penal Code

SEC. 42.09. CRUELTY TO ANIMALS

(A) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:
(1) tortures or seriously overworks an animal;
(2) fails unreasonably to provide necessary food, SHELTER or
care;
(3) abandons unreasonably an animal in his custody;
(4) transports or confines an animal in a cruel manner;
(5) kills, injures, or administers poison to an animal
belonging to
another without legal authority or the owner's effective
consent;
(6) causes one animal to fight another;
(7) uses a live animal as a lure in dog race training or in dog
coursing;
(8) horse tripping

AN OFFENSE UNDER THIS SECTION IS A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR
SEC. 12.21 CLASS A MISDEMEANOR

(A) Any individual adjudged guilty of a Class A misdemeanor shall be
punished by:
(1) a fine not to exceed $4,000.00;
(2) confinement in jail for a term not to exceed one year;
(3) BOTH such fine and imprisonment.

Animal Cruelty Statute - Third Offense
An amendment to the Penal Code, provides a felony penalty for
individuals convicted of animal abuse on a third offense.
As of September 1, 2001, people who are convicted of committing acts of
cruelty or torture to animals can receive harsher punishment via the
new bill: HB 653. Heinous crimes of cruelty towards animals can now be
tried as a FELONY punishable by up to $10,000 in fines or 2 years in
jail or BOTH. Under this new law, minors (under the age of 18) can be
forced to undergo psychological counseling.

Studies have shown links between animal abuse and domestic violence.
Furthermore, those who torture animals are at much higher risk
for committing violent and deadly crimes against humans later in life.

It is not enough to be compassionate you must act
Amy Bartell

You must be the change you wish to see in the world
Ghandi

Any cat is helpless to help themselves much less a paralyzed cat.

How many think the OP will post back and be honest and say the cat
died?

They let the paralyzed cat lay, she even posted back and told the cat
pooped and pee'd one time. Where was the common sense and decency to
act responsibly on behalf of the cat? What was the diagnosis? Nobody
knows.

This is really sad. The little cat sat outside the door dying. Till the
sun finally took her out. There is no mention of water outside the
apartment, no provision

what do the law say?

(2) fails unreasonably to provide necessary food, SHELTER or
care;
(3) abandons unreasonably an animal in his custody;

mhmmm

-L.
July 10th 06, 08:19 AM
Elle wrote:

> Out of curiosity:
> What part of "due to money we probably won't be able to
> [take her to a vet]" does not make sense to you?

Actually none of it makes sense. If you don't have a cash reserve or a
credit card for such emergencies, don't keep the animal.

> How many cats are being euthanized this week at your local
> shelter because you refused to rescue them?

Thousands - and it is a fate much better than a cat suffering to death
because its idiot "owner" can't afford to have it treated by a vet.

> I think you could find a more persuasive tone to help this
> cat. That's the point, isn't it?

The only help this cat needs is immediate vet care. She isn't going to
find that on the internet. That's the ONLY point worth making.

-L.

-L.
July 10th 06, 08:22 AM
wrote:
> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
> twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
> day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke (alothough it had
> never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for her) and we
> got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore. It's now been
> more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely paralized from the
> neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but im sure she
> must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my girlfriend saw
> her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking strait. We haven't
> taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be able to.

I can't believe I even have to type this, but here goes...

If you cannot afford to take her to a vet, take her to your local
shelter and have her euthanized so that she isn't suffering.

-L.
(Is it me or are people becoming more and more stupid? I barely can
read this ng anymore...)

-L.
July 10th 06, 08:22 AM
Candace wrote:

> Someone tipped me off to the OP's google posting history:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou
>
> Interesting. Apparently there is enough money in that particular
> household for some recreational drug use, just not quite enough to help
> a poor, paralyzed cat.
>
> Candace

Oh, that's just ****ing great.

-L.

cybercat
July 10th 06, 12:49 PM
> wrote in message
> "Candace" > wrote:
>
> >Elle wrote:
> >>
> >> No one says they can't find a way to get vet care. They may
> >> simply be unaware of all their options.
> >>
> >> Given the way you kicked this stranger when s/he was down,
> >> and with such apparent "on higher moral ground" (so you fool
> >> yourself) glee, I sure would have concerns about how you
> >> treat animals.
> >
> >Someone tipped me off to the OP's google posting history:
> >
> >http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou
> >
> >Interesting. Apparently there is enough money in that particular
> >household for some recreational drug use, just not quite enough to help
> >a poor, paralyzed cat.
> >
> >Candace
>
> Don't confuse Elle with facts.

Where do these stupid bitches come from?

cybercat
July 10th 06, 01:00 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Candace wrote:
> >
> > Someone tipped me off to the OP's google posting history:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/jc4ou
> >
> > Interesting. Apparently there is enough money in that particular
> > household for some recreational drug use, just not quite enough to help
> > a poor, paralyzed cat.
> >
> > Candace
>
> Oh, that's just ****ing great.
>
> -L.

The other thing is, there is ALWAYS a way to get an injured creature,
cat or otherwise, medical care. Sell something, take a loan, beg your
friends, neighbors and family, call every vet in town or just take the cat
in anyway. How many vets would refuse to at least put the animal out of
pain without money up front? Believe it or not, some of them are in the
business at least in part because they care about animals and want to
alleviate suffering.

As with many vets, my own do lots of gratis work. People are always
abandoning animals, especially kittens, so that the vets and techs find
them in the morning when they open up. My vets have told me many
stories about the animals they help without pay. Most people, vets
and others, are decent and cannot bear to watch anything suffer like
that without getting help.

Not asshole Elle or the OP, but then, there are always a few in
every crowd. Happily, they appear just when I am ripe for
bitchslapping someone deserving. Unhappily, they can actually
wind up responsible for the care of living things. Ugh.

angel
July 10th 06, 02:39 PM
cybercat wrote:

"The other thing is, there is ALWAYS a way to get an injured creature,
cat or otherwise, medical care. Sell something, take a loan, beg your
friends, neighbors and family, call every vet in town or just take the
cat
in anyway. How many vets would refuse to at least put the animal out of

pain without money up front? Believe it or not, some of them are in the

business at least in part because they care about animals and want to
alleviate suffering."

If I was broke and had a broken cat, that's what I would do

I would write down 2-3 er addresses, have directions ready, put the cat
in the car
and just show up!

I would not talk about money unless they asked me

it's like going to shoney's and eating without money, you settle the
money after you eat.

If money was brought up before hand; of course I would say, lemme pay
you next FRI or in TWO days... even if it was a lie my cat would still
get help, and the thing is, like you say, what vet would despise your
deed.

Matthew
July 10th 06, 05:02 PM
"cybercat" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Matthew" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Elle" > wrote in message
>> k.net...
>>> "cybercat" > wrote

>>> If you can't respond to the questions, then I think that proves my
>>> points above.
>>>

>> One thing that I learned a long time ago the one that blows the horn is
>> usually the one full of hot air
>>

> :)
>
> Onde thing I learned a long time ago is that anyone who posts to Usenet
> (on a computer
> worth several hundred dollars) about a critically ill animal instead of
> taking the animal to the
> vet is criminally negligent and personally abhorrent--at least to me.
>
> Apologists like Navorski are even worse. Idiots, indeed.
>
> And you?
>
> Well, "Matt," what do you think?
>
> Could you, would you leave a critically ill animal to suffer? NOT A
> CHANCE EVER YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE ANIMALS
>
> If not, then why are you even saying one ****ing word here?
>
> Hot air, indeed.
>
> In any case, hot air smells a whole lot better than what you are full
> of.

You jumped the gun once again it was a response to THE OP

Matthew
July 10th 06, 05:04 PM
Since you are throwing a hissy fit here did you ever stop and think this
was a troll it appears to have been The OP posted in quite a few group
and when responded to by take your cat to the vet they told people off

So your point is not being made by causing a hissy fit to say

"Elle" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> > wrote
>> "Elle" > wrote:
>>
> wrote

>>>Out of curiosity:
>>>What part of "due to money we probably won't be able to
>>>[take her to a vet]" does not make sense to you?
>>>
>>>How many cats are being euthanized this week at your local
>>>shelter because you refused to rescue them?
>>>
>>>I think you could find a more persuasive tone to help this
>>>cat. That's the point, isn't it?
>>>

>> Give me a break, they can afford Internet service and a computer but
>> can't find money for vet care?
>
> You can afford internet service and a computer but can't take in five more
> cats?
>
> You are in no position to judge. You might be in a position to help.
>
> No one says they can't find a way to get vet care. They may simply be
> unaware of all their options.
>
> Given the way you kicked this stranger when s/he was down, and with such
> apparent "on higher moral ground" (so you fool yourself) glee, I sure
> would have concerns about how you treat animals.

Outsider
July 10th 06, 09:27 PM
wrote in
:

> Newsgroups:
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav Subject: Re: cat suddenly paralyzed
> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:11:41 -0400
> >
> et> X-Newsreader:
> Forte Agent 3.3/32.846 MIME-Version: 1.0
>
> "Elle" > wrote:
>
> wrote

> Give me a break, they can afford Internet service and a computer but
> can't find money for vet care? It's usually just priorities when money
> is scarce. Hell, just don't go drinking for 3 weeks or cut back on the
> Big Macs. Probably got a cell phone too.
>
> -mhd

Make that CABLE internet service (RoadRunner) which means cable TV as
well as Internet service.

Wendy
July 10th 06, 10:20 PM
"Outsider" > wrote in message
. ..
> wrote in
> :

>> Newsgroups:
>> rec.pets.cats.health+behav Subject: Re: cat suddenly paralyzed
>> Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:11:41 -0400
>> >
>> et> X-Newsreader:
>> Forte Agent 3.3/32.846 MIME-Version: 1.0
>>
>> "Elle" > wrote:
>>
> wrote

>> Give me a break, they can afford Internet service and a computer but
>> can't find money for vet care? It's usually just priorities when money
>> is scarce. Hell, just don't go drinking for 3 weeks or cut back on the
>> Big Macs. Probably got a cell phone too.
>>
>> -mhd
>>

> Make that CABLE internet service (RoadRunner) which means cable TV as
> well as Internet service.

Chances are there's a credit card in the family too. Most vets, around here
at least, take VISA and MC. Not the greatest way to go but gets the cat
taken care of and gives the OP the opportunity to pay it off over time.

Popsie's Mom
July 10th 06, 10:37 PM
ME: Yes, new to here, but not new to life.

CANDACE:
> Hi, I have just noticed you posting recently so I think you are new
> here. .......
You have just hit on one of the "hot" topics we discuss from
> time to time here. Should people who cannot afford basic veterinary
> care have pets?

ME:
> > I live in a retirement home. We who have a pet MUST do all
> > of the above and the pet must stay inside only. HOWEVER, strays come
> > onto the campus property and have babies and grandbabies and great...
> > and and and. SO, periodically, the cat-catcher does his thing. Miami
> > is over-run with feral or stray or alley cats. Keeps mice down. (more
> > delicate to say mice than rats). Hope all are well today.

CANDACE:
> That's very nice that you are permitted to have pets there and it
> sounds as though Popsie has a very good life. It's a drag about the
> cat-catcher, though, as I'm sure those cats are euthanized. It would
> be better if someone (maybe you?) contacted a local trap, neuter,
> release group to help with the problem. Then the cats can live out
> their lives without reproducing and keep catching the mice. If you
> look on the internet, I'm sure a city the size of Miami has many groups
> that would be willing to help as long as the retirement home would
> agree. There are benefits to all concerned.

ME: As a "resident" in a retirement community/home, we are restricted
in MANY ways and it is not in our abilities to have anything done for
or against the cats on the property of which we live in/on unless we
personally claim ONE cat and have everything done for that ONE cat our
own self out of our own finances or other helps and as I said keep that
ONE cat inside. The "home" HAS been "humane" about it though because
there are several "long-timer" outdoor cats who have ear-notches
showing that they have been spayed and I know that they had been
"caught" and were "gone" for a "while" and they "poof" out of nowhere
they were returned.with a little surgery. Others, however, "toms" keep
tomming around. And, some are UNcatchable. They let you pet their heads
and get close, but NEVER pick them up, they'll tear you up!! Feral!
Tame enough to be near. Feral enough to be safe!

Popsie's Mom
July 10th 06, 10:53 PM
I don't the person in question, nor the circumstances, however, here in
Miami, it is HOT. I went out today in my Power Wheelchair and like to
have roasted my arse off and had to stop in a store because I could
feel the heat exhaustion coming on. Now, I am a big 350# woman, a tiny
cat has NO CHANCE in this God awful heat. It needs shelter, shade,
access to cool water, preferably a/c. If humans CAN not survive in the
ultraviolet radiation of 2006, how can a tiny cat? Crispy-critter in
no time. I am NOT condemning this person with this sick kitty, nor
unfortunate people who perhaps HAD means to care for their selves and
pets and lost it. I feel, personally, if my beloved "Popsie" was
suffering so bad and I had no cash, I would take her to the local pound
and have her put to sleep so she would stop suffering. And BELIEVE me I
LOVE my Popsie like a baby, but I love her enough to not let her suffer
and die a horrid death. Honestly, if I was terminal, I would not want
to suffer and linger on machines and stuff either. Thank God, though, I
am getting better every day!
angel wrote:
> Candace wrote:
>
> > It's a dilemma--iis a home that
> > cannot provide vet care better than no home? At least the cat will get
> > fed and have some love in its life.
>
> Yes it's far better to have a home even with no vet care, but like you
> said
>
> the OP here, has not stated any efforts to get credit, or some sort of
> intervention from any vet er facilities. You would think at a minimum
> the local county/city authorities would direct her to low-cost
> solution, or offer to come get the cat.
>
> Of course the obvious lesson here is DON'T LEAVE A CAT OUTSIDE
>
> they left it in the heat all day, this is such a sad story, poor little
> cat waiting outside the door for the bitches to come home from the
> mall. I know damn well they ain't that damn broke or ignorant that they
> couldn't even call the pound to get direction.
>
> makes me angry
>
> I don't have alot of money laying around either, but it is almost
> criminal to let an animal suffer and even more ignorant to go public
> and tell it.
>
> PLENTY could have been done from the onset of their discovery, it's
> cruel and borderline criminal, they are being negligent
>
> it was like Yesterday that the cat went limp from the heat.
>
> them two need shot with **** then whipped for stinking

Popsie's Mom
July 10th 06, 11:13 PM
Bonnie,
I like your post most of all because, not being able to walk, clean
your own self, do for your own self for a HUMAN is HORRIBLE and
DEPRESSING and required MONEY or INSURANCE to survive AND the lifespan
is usually cut short depending on the conditions.

Disposable animals is a HORRIBLE thing. Animals are like little humans
- little peoples. When we take them into our homes they become PART OF
US! And we must care for them as such or just don't start with the
cutesy baby. Baby anythings grow up into expensive bigger babies!!

SO - disposable animals as in getting a pet for a child and then taking
it to the pound when it gets sick may be cruel but so is dumping off
litters of kittens on the side of the road or pregnant animals.

HOW do we get it through people's heads that stuffed animals are better
than live ones?
Baby-dolls better than real ones? Low cost, low maintenance. Messes
up - throw it away and start again.

Negative? Realistic.

In the mean time. We each have to tend to our own individual pets that
we CAN afford and try to help as we CAN and are ABLE to help. Some
people can help and take care of ONE cat (we got ours from under a
dumpster covered in ants and fleas abandoned by its mother). You have
7.

The person with the paralyzed cat maybe took on more than she bargained
for. If it happened to mine, my funds would not go for a HUGE surgery.
$200 - $300/yr on doctors yes, but not thousands. Never.

That's when my "baby" returns to being a plain animal and I snap back
to the reality of my own financial needs. Maybe that is what happened
to this other person.

God bless them and you too., Gail Lynn Batton
22brix wrote:
> "Elle" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > > wrote
> >> "Elle" > wrote:
> >>
> > wrote

> >> Give me a break, they can afford Internet service and a computer but
> >> can't find money for vet care?
> >
> > You can afford internet service and a computer but can't take in five more
> > cats?
> >
> > You are in no position to judge. You might be in a position to help.
> >
> > No one says they can't find a way to get vet care. They may simply be
> > unaware of all their options.
> >
> > Given the way you kicked this stranger when s/he was down, and with such
> > apparent "on higher moral ground" (so you fool yourself) glee, I sure
> > would have concerns about how you treat animals.
>
> Elle,
>
> Money is tight for most of us, I'm guessing. I'm not exactly rich and I
> find ways to pay for my seven. Every cat I share my life with is a rescued
> cat. I don't adopt more from the shelter because I know my limits. If I had
> my druthers I'd probably have ten more but I know I can't afford it. Whoever
> takes in an animal has a responsibility to that animal. No one said it
> would always be easy but part of responsible pet ownership is providing for
> their health care. I've had to sacrifice to take care of my animals and I
> know from so many of the posts here that others have had to make greater
> sacrifices in order to do the best for their cats. It just seems like some
> people see pets as a disposable commodity--it's fine when they're cute and
> frisky but when they get sick, discard them and get another one and that
> frustrates a lot of people here--a newsgroup is not a substitute for good
> vet care.
>
> I wish I had better ideas on how the OP could pay for a vet's visit. Some
> vets will work out payment schedules, as others have suggested, going
> without on some things for a little, borrow from someone, be creative.
>
> You had a very good point in one of your earlier posts--if you can't afford
> treatment then at least have the cat euthanized. What ever it's cause,
> paralysis is hard enough on a rational human and must be extremely stressful
> for the cat and it's cruel to just let the cat suffer.
>
> My two cents, Bonnie

Jenn
July 10th 06, 11:46 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
> twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
> day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke (alothough it had
> never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for her) and we
> got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore. It's now been
> more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely paralized from the
> neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but im sure she
> must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my girlfriend saw
> her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking strait. We haven't
> taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be able to. Does
> any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what we can do?

You know this sounds like it *could* be antifreeze that she got into. You
NEED to take this cat to the vet. Find the money somewhere, call the
shelters, do SOMETHING. Even euthanizing her so she isn't in any pain
anymore is more humane than just sitting there and doing nothing. You can
call churches, local shelters, vets, etc. A vets office might be able to
work with you...

Jenn

angel
July 11th 06, 12:24 AM
Popsie's Mom wrote:
> I don't the person in question, nor the circumstances, however, here in
> Miami, it is HOT. I went out today in my Power Wheelchair and like to
> have roasted my arse off and had to stop in a store because I could
> feel the heat exhaustion coming on. Now, I am a big 350# woman, a tiny
> cat has NO CHANCE in this God awful heat. It needs shelter, shade,
> access to cool water, preferably a/c. If humans CAN not survive in the
> ultraviolet radiation of 2006, how can a tiny cat? Crispy-critter in
> no time. I am NOT condemning this person with this sick kitty, nor
> unfortunate people who perhaps HAD means to care for their selves and
> pets and lost it. I feel, personally, if my beloved "Popsie" was
> suffering so bad and I had no cash, I would take her to the local pound
> and have her put to sleep so she would stop suffering. And BELIEVE me I
> LOVE my Popsie like a baby, but I love her enough to not let her suffer
> and die a horrid death. Honestly, if I was terminal, I would not want
> to suffer and linger on machines and stuff either. Thank God, though, I
> am getting better every day!
> angel wrote:

Amen sweety, I bet you can make mean chicken potpie!

I want to be fat, I look good fat.

I had forgotten you said you was in a residential place, I have a
granny who was looking at some, they can be very nice (in the
brochure).. the good thing is you're not alone, next good thing is
someone else cooks ;)

I hope you have children or other family who visit often enough.

I think that's wonderful they let you have a cat, cats are greast
company.

I can't tell you the people I've met who say they are scared of cats,
wouldn't have a cat, don't like cats etc.. but cats more than pull
their own weight. Even a very inactive cat is great company to have
around.

I think the part where they need us feels good. Somebody needs us you
know, I like that. They are also clever little food mongers.

cybercat
July 11th 06, 02:35 AM
"Matthew" > wrote> >
> You jumped the gun once again it was a response to THE OP

sigh

I'm sorry.

*hanging my head*

-L.
July 11th 06, 02:41 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Matthew" > wrote> >
> > You jumped the gun once again it was a response to THE OP
> >

> sigh
>
> I'm sorry.
>
> *hanging my head*

/me hands cc a big fat martini.

-L.

Candace
July 11th 06, 02:48 AM
Popsie's Mom wrote:

> ME: As a "resident" in a retirement community/home, we are restricted
> in MANY ways and it is not in our abilities to have anything done for
> or against the cats on the property of which we live in/on unless we
> personally claim ONE cat and have everything done for that ONE cat our
> own self out of our own finances or other helps and as I said keep that
> ONE cat inside. The "home" HAS been "humane" about it though because
> there are several "long-timer" outdoor cats who have ear-notches
> showing that they have been spayed and I know that they had been
> "caught" and were "gone" for a "while" and they "poof" out of nowhere
> they were returned.with a little surgery. Others, however, "toms" keep
> tomming around. And, some are UNcatchable. They let you pet their heads
> and get close, but NEVER pick them up, they'll tear you up!! Feral!
> Tame enough to be near. Feral enough to be safe!

I didn't mean that you should go out and catch them yourself; just
maybe make some phone calls to some TNR groups but it sounds as though
someone is already trying to help the cats there. That's good. It's
still too bad about the toms and they could probably be trapped with a
humane trap and then neutered.

Candace

Popsie's Mom
July 11th 06, 03:35 AM
After a zillion posts from SINCERELY CARING PEOPLE, please tell us all,
HOW IS THE CAT NOW??? If the cat is still sick, then our concerns are
with you and hope that our advice has helped you to find help, find
money, find hope, find a solution. If the cat has died then we are
very sorry for your loss and hope that you will find peace about it in
your own way with no criticism from most of us. Speaking for myself,
pets are terribly expensive. If I do not have a back-up financial
source for emergencies and do not care enough about my pet to take such
measures - then I will not have a pet. I had to make that decision and
do so even legally in order to stay here with a pet - I had to sign a
legal aggreement before I opted to have my cat (a stray) as my own.
Otherwise she would have been taken to the pound - she was very sickly
- dying. Life is full of pain. THAT is LIFE. And pets are full of
LOVE. Full of making us LAUGH and cry and be happy and loved. BUT, it
still comes down to it - it COSTS MONEY TO LIVE as a human being and it
cost money to have a pet. It is not a crime to not be middle class or
rich. PLEASE let us know - how is the cat? REPLY!!
wrote:
> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
> twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
> day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke (alothough it had
> never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for her) and we
> got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore. It's now been
> more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely paralized from the
> neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but im sure she
> must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my girlfriend saw
> her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking strait. We haven't
> taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be able to. Does
> any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what we can do?

Matthew
July 11th 06, 04:18 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote> >
>> You jumped the gun once again it was a response to THE OP
>>

> sigh
>
> I'm sorry.
>
> *hanging my head*

Accepted you know I am not going to knock you for what you say. I almost
always agree with you

Matthew
July 11th 06, 04:19 AM
"Popsie's Mom" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> After a zillion posts from SINCERELY CARING PEOPLE, please tell us all,
> HOW IS THE CAT NOW??? If the cat is still sick, then our concerns are
> with you and hope that our advice has helped you to find help, find
> money, find hope, find a solution. If the cat has died then we are
> very sorry for your loss and hope that you will find peace about it in
> your own way with no criticism from most of us. Speaking for myself,
> pets are terribly expensive. If I do not have a back-up financial
> source for emergencies and do not care enough about my pet to take such
> measures - then I will not have a pet. I had to make that decision and
> do so even legally in order to stay here with a pet - I had to sign a
> legal aggreement before I opted to have my cat (a stray) as my own.
> Otherwise she would have been taken to the pound - she was very sickly
> - dying. Life is full of pain. THAT is LIFE. And pets are full of
> LOVE. Full of making us LAUGH and cry and be happy and loved. BUT, it
> still comes down to it - it COSTS MONEY TO LIVE as a human being and it
> cost money to have a pet. It is not a crime to not be middle class or
> rich. PLEASE let us know - how is the cat? REPLY!!
> wrote:
>> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
>> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
>> twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
>> day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke (alothough it had
>> never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for her) and we
>> got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore. It's now been
>> more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely paralized from the
>> neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but im sure she
>> must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my girlfriend saw
>> her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking strait. We haven't
>> taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be able to. Does
>> any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what we can do?

Not going to they were a troll

Matthew
July 11th 06, 04:30 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Matthew" > wrote> >
>> You jumped the gun once again it was a response to THE OP
>>

> sigh
>
> I'm sorry.
>
> *hanging my head*

Accepted you know I am not going to knock you for what you say. I almost
always agree with you

angel
July 11th 06, 04:39 AM
-L. wrote:

> /me hands cc a big fat martini.

yes, i'd like to see what you put in a martini Lyn

onions or olives? shaken or stirred?
dry or sweet?

just curios

angel
July 11th 06, 04:41 AM
Matthew wrote:
> "Popsie's Mom" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > After a zillion posts from SINCERELY CARING PEOPLE, please tell us all,
> > HOW IS THE CAT NOW??? If the cat is still sick, then our concerns are
> > with you and hope that our advice has helped you to find help, find
> > money, find hope, find a solution. If the cat has died then we are
> > very sorry for your loss and hope that you will find peace about it in
> > your own way with no criticism from most of us. Speaking for myself,
> > pets are terribly expensive. If I do not have a back-up financial
> > source for emergencies and do not care enough about my pet to take such
> > measures - then I will not have a pet. I had to make that decision and
> > do so even legally in order to stay here with a pet - I had to sign a
> > legal aggreement before I opted to have my cat (a stray) as my own.
> > Otherwise she would have been taken to the pound - she was very sickly
> > - dying. Life is full of pain. THAT is LIFE. And pets are full of
> > LOVE. Full of making us LAUGH and cry and be happy and loved. BUT, it
> > still comes down to it - it COSTS MONEY TO LIVE as a human being and it
> > cost money to have a pet. It is not a crime to not be middle class or
> > rich. PLEASE let us know - how is the cat? REPLY!!
> > wrote:
> >> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
> >> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
> >> twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
> >> day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke (alothough it had
> >> never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for her) and we
> >> got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore. It's now been
> >> more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely paralized from the
> >> neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but im sure she
> >> must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my girlfriend saw
> >> her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking strait. We haven't
> >> taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be able to. Does
> >> any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what we can do?
> >

> Not going to they were a troll

They may be a troll in the true since of the word, but they also posted
in another cat group, it was not a cross post, I really think their cat
wilted in the heat

buncha wig wearin tight asses couldn't get help for the cat

see...
my thinking is that the cat died

this is why they won't post back

angel
July 11th 06, 04:50 AM
Matthew wrote:

> Accepted you know I am not going to knock you for what you say. I almost
> always agree with you

and then OP gets lots of flames and she herself gets poasting paralysis
(i think we're alone now)

that oughtta learn her

Cybercat
July 11th 06, 05:21 AM
Matthew wrote:

> Accepted you know I am not going to knock you for what you say. I almost
> always agree with you

yeah yeah whatever you pussy

Matthew
July 11th 06, 05:27 AM
She is going to come to your house and kick your ass Barry
But you probably would like it just like John Doe does when his mommy
spanks him
You sick prevert (not yet a pervert you are still learning) you ;-)

"Cybercat" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>
>> Accepted you know I am not going to knock you for what you say. I
>> almost
>> always agree with you
>
> yeah yeah whatever you pussy

cybercat
July 11th 06, 05:29 AM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "Elle" > wrote in message
> k.net...
>> "cybercat" > wrote
>>> "Elle" > wrote

>>> Idiot.
>>
>> If you can't respond to the questions, then I think that proves my points
>> above.
>>

> One thing that I learned a long time ago the one that blows the horn is
> usually the one full of hot air

:)

Onde thing I learned a long time ago is that anyone who posts to Usenet (on
a computer
worth several hundred dollars) about a critically ill animal instead of
taking the animal to the
vet is criminally negligent and personally abhorrent--at least to me.

Apologists like Navorski are even worse. Idiots, indeed.

And you?

Well, "Matt," what do you think?

Could you, would you leave a critically ill animal to suffer?

If not, then why are you even saying one ****ing word here?

Hot air, indeed.

In any case, hot air smells a whole lot better than what you are full
of.

angel
July 11th 06, 05:57 AM
Matthew wrote:
> She is going to come to your house and kick your ass Barry
> But you probably would like it just like John Doe does when his mommy
> spanks him
> You sick prevert (not yet a pervert you are still learning) you ;-)

Dammit Matt, everytime you get a few drinks in you, you goto
confronting
Im not taking anymore of your abuses

Matthew
July 11th 06, 06:07 AM
"angel" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>> She is going to come to your house and kick your ass Barry
>> But you probably would like it just like John Doe does when his mommy
>> spanks him
>> You sick prevert (not yet a pervert you are still learning) you ;-)
>
> Dammit Matt, everytime you get a few drinks in you, you goto
> confronting
> Im not taking anymore of your abuses

Sorry Barry I could not resist ;-)

Only bad thing is I don't drink

Popsie's Mom
July 11th 06, 06:23 AM
feel really stupid but what's a troll??
Matthew wrote:
> "Popsie's Mom" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > After a zillion posts from SINCERELY CARING PEOPLE, please tell us all,
> > HOW IS THE CAT NOW??? If the cat is still sick, then our concerns are
> > with you and hope that our advice has helped you to find help, find
> > money, find hope, find a solution. If the cat has died then we are
> > very sorry for your loss and hope that you will find peace about it in
> > your own way with no criticism from most of us. Speaking for myself,
> > pets are terribly expensive. If I do not have a back-up financial
> > source for emergencies and do not care enough about my pet to take such
> > measures - then I will not have a pet. I had to make that decision and
> > do so even legally in order to stay here with a pet - I had to sign a
> > legal aggreement before I opted to have my cat (a stray) as my own.
> > Otherwise she would have been taken to the pound - she was very sickly
> > - dying. Life is full of pain. THAT is LIFE. And pets are full of
> > LOVE. Full of making us LAUGH and cry and be happy and loved. BUT, it
> > still comes down to it - it COSTS MONEY TO LIVE as a human being and it
> > cost money to have a pet. It is not a crime to not be middle class or
> > rich. PLEASE let us know - how is the cat? REPLY!!
> > wrote:
> >> Yesterday my mom found my cat our inside/outside cat sitting by our
> >> aprtment in a daze. She could hardly stand or walk strait, and she was
> >> twitching/convulsing. We live in san antonio and It was a pretty hot
> >> day out, so my mom figured it was just heat stroke (alothough it had
> >> never happend befor and there's always plenny of water for her) and we
> >> got her to drink water till she wouldnt drink anymore. It's now been
> >> more then 12 hours and she's seems almost comletely paralized from the
> >> neck down.She doesnt seem to be in any kind of pain, but im sure she
> >> must have gotten hold of somesort of toxin, beacause my girlfriend saw
> >> her earlyer that morning and said she wasn't walking strait. We haven't
> >> taken her to a vet, and due to money we probably won't be able to. Does
> >> any one have any idea what might be wrong with her or what we can do?
> >

> Not going to they were a troll

cybercat
July 11th 06, 06:53 AM
"Elle" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> > wrote
>> "Elle" > wrote:
>>
> wrote

>>>Out of curiosity:
>>>What part of "due to money we probably won't be able to
>>>[take her to a vet]" does not make sense to you?
>>>
>>>How many cats are being euthanized this week at your local
>>>shelter because you refused to rescue them?
>>>
>>>I think you could find a more persuasive tone to help this
>>>cat. That's the point, isn't it?
>>>

>> Give me a break, they can afford Internet service and a computer but
>> can't find money for vet care?
>
> You can afford internet service and a computer but can't take in five more
> cats?
>
> You are in no position to judge. You might be in a position to help.
>
> No one says they can't find a way to get vet care. They may simply be
> unaware of all their options.
>
> Given the way you kicked this stranger when s/he was down, and with such
> apparent "on higher moral ground" (so you fool yourself) glee, I sure
> would have concerns about how you treat animals.

Idiot.

lol

-L.
July 11th 06, 06:54 AM
angel wrote:
> -L. wrote:
>
> > /me hands cc a big fat martini.
>

> yes, i'd like to see what you put in a martini Lyn
>
> onions or olives? shaken or stirred?
> dry or sweet?
>
> just curios

Tanqueray martini, straight up, extra dry, two olives. Glass has to be
extremely chilled and of course shaken, not srirred.

-L.

Wendy
July 11th 06, 11:11 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

"Popsie's Mom" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> feel really stupid but what's a troll??
> Matthew wrote:
>> "Popsie's Mom" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> > After a zillion posts from SINCERELY CARING PEOPLE, please tell us all,
>> > HOW IS THE CAT NOW??? If the cat is still sick, then our concerns are
>> > with you and hope that our advice has helped you to find help, find
>> > money, find hope, find a solution. If the cat has died then we are
>> > very sorry for your loss and hope that you will find peace about it in
>> > your own way with no criticism from most of us. Speaking for myself,
>> > pets are terribly expensive. If I do not have a back-up financial
>> > source for emergencies and do not care enough about my pet to take such
>> > measures - then I will not have a pet. I had to make that decision and
>> > do so even legally in order to stay here with a pet - I had to sign a
>> > legal aggreement before I opted to have my cat (a stray) as my own.
>> > Otherwise she would have been taken to the pound - she was very sickly
>> > - dying. Life is full of pain. THAT is LIFE. And pets are full of
>> > LOVE. Full of making us LAUGH and cry and be happy and loved. BUT, it
>> > still comes down to it - it COSTS MONEY TO LIVE as a human being and it
>> > cost money to have a pet. It is not a crime to not be middle class or
>> > rich. PLEASE let us know - how is the cat? REPLY!!
>> >

>> Not going to they were a troll

cybercat
July 11th 06, 04:57 PM
"Cybercat" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>
> > Accepted you know I am not going to knock you for what you say. I
almost
> > always agree with you
>
> yeah yeah whatever you pussy

*gasp!*

I have been forged! I am reporting you to your eye-eth-pee!

John_Doe_Is_Freak_:p
July 11th 06, 07:32 PM
Matthew wrote:

> Sorry Barry I could not resist ;-)
>
> Only bad thing is I don't drink

that's not a bad thing

but I like a cold beer sometimes
or sometimes I won't have coffee in the morning but get a really good
beer buzz going
yes it was a song, but I invented the original morning beer buzz

Matthew
July 11th 06, 07:34 PM
What did you call in sick to work

"John_Doe_Is_Freak_:p" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>
>> Sorry Barry I could not resist ;-)
>>
>> Only bad thing is I don't drink
>
> that's not a bad thing
>
> but I like a cold beer sometimes
> or sometimes I won't have coffee in the morning but get a really good
> beer buzz going
> yes it was a song, but I invented the original morning beer buzz

John_Doe_Is_Freak_:p
July 11th 06, 09:05 PM
Matthew wrote:
> What did you call in sick to work

im self employed, I goto the fridge and get another beer

if I have to be out working, I won't catch a buzz..
or maybe just a teeny one

Popsie's Mom_Is_Freak_:p
July 11th 06, 09:09 PM
-L. wrote:

> Tanqueray martini, straight up, extra dry, two olives. Glass has to be
> extremely chilled and of course shaken, not srirred.

i want one

Popsie's Mom_Is_Freak_:p
July 11th 06, 09:15 PM
Popsie's Mom wrote:
> feel really stupid but what's a troll??

don't feel stupid love

a troll is someone who does stuff just to get attention

of course there are these hybrid trolls, you can't quite put your
finger on it
but something is askew with them

do you have to get out of bed to cook, or do they bring food to your
room?
how old do you have to be to get in there, I like food brought to my
room

do they have HBO or Showtime?

how's the ventilation in them places, can I open a window? maybe
there's a good strong bathroom fan to let the smoke out?

That would be great, I could watch price is right, have a good pipe,
then they bring me lunch... mmm, makes me wiggle my toes

my grandma thought about checking into a retirement center such as
yours
I hope they are good to you there

cybercat
July 11th 06, 09:22 PM
"Popsie's Mom_Is_Freak_:p" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> -L. wrote:
>
> > Tanqueray martini, straight up, extra dry, two olives. Glass has to be
> > extremely chilled and of course shaken, not srirred.
>
> i want one

And "dirty" is with olive juice added. :) I prefer Beefeaters, but Tangueray
is
also good.

angel
July 11th 06, 09:33 PM
cybercat wrote:

> And "dirty" is with olive juice added. :) I prefer Beefeaters, but Tangueray
> is
> also good.

I don't have a preference, I know I really like tangueray, never had it
dirty before
is dirty good, is it any fun

-L.
July 11th 06, 11:26 PM
cybercat wrote:

> And "dirty" is with olive juice added. :) I prefer Beefeaters, but Tangueray
> is
> also good.

I haven't had one in almost a year but the last one I had was Bombay
Sapphire and it was pretty dang tasty. I really like three big fat
olives in mine because I love to eat them after they've sucked up the
gin.

Damn - now I'm jonesin' for a 'tini and it's only 3:00!

-L.

-L.
July 11th 06, 11:33 PM
Popsie's Mom_Is_Freak_:p wrote:
> -L. wrote:
>
> > Tanqueray martini, straight up, extra dry, two olives. Glass has to be
> > extremely chilled and of course shaken, not srirred.
>
> i want one

Bar, hon, if you're real mean to Matty Boy I may make you one. And it
will be REALLY DIRTY!
-L.

angel
July 12th 06, 01:21 AM
-L. wrote:

> Bar, hon, if you're real mean to Matty Boy I may make you one. And it
> will be REALLY DIRTY!
> -L.

ok, brb, i go to report him to his isp

angel
July 12th 06, 01:38 AM
Popsie's Mom wrote:
> ME:
> If you are trying to make fun of me by calling me a "FREAK" ok, names
> don't bug me anymore. If that makes you feel better, I'm glad to help
> you out. Doesn't bother me any, hahaha hahaha.

oh man... what's a fella got to do to troll someone...

yeah see.. I was trolling you, demonstrating what a troll might do

:)
-

that sounds like a nice place

I bet that was scary running into the glass... hope you didn't break no
toes or fingers or get cuts.

If you can't feed the outside cats, how is it that you have Popsie

I know you told how this works, I just can't sort through the posts so
easily...

maybe if you get time, you might tell again how you actually have a
cat.
I think it is great!

I could always go outside to have a puff you know...
seeing that they have high powered smoke detectors

or eat it

anyway

I don't mind paying extra to have food brought to my bedside,
especially if The Price is Right is on.

I'm going to check out your web-page some more, maybe I'll figure out
how you got that cat in your room.

It's none of my business, but may as well bring it up, I hope you have
friends or family who come visit, and help you make groceries or goto
the dollar store and what not.
It's good to get out sometimes. you don't have to answer of course, I
just hope it's so.

It's pouring down right in VA, I love the rain.

My cats, Lucy and Jupiter are snoozing away, they must like the rain
too.
It's been very humid here.

Here is a 2 month old picture of Jupiter when she was about 2 months
old
(the picture was taken 2 months ago)

http://barryparrish.com/barjup6.jpg

i need to take some current pics

you do nice with web building too
do you do all that yourself?
web building can be frustrating when remote computers don't do right.

see ya

-L.
July 12th 06, 01:49 AM
angel wrote:

> They may be a troll in the true since of the word, but they also posted
> in another cat group, it was not a cross post, I really think their cat
> wilted in the heat
>
> buncha wig wearin tight asses couldn't get help for the cat
>
> see...
> my thinking is that the cat died
>
> this is why they won't post back

Either that or she ran away from having her ass paddled by so many of
us. Personally, I think the post was too poorly written to be a troll
- probably just a bimbo who is too stupid to do anything for the cat.

-L.

Popsie's Mom
July 12th 06, 03:52 AM
Read up on "troll", thanks, getting off topic "cat suddenly paralyzed"
???, taking up people's time ???, etc. So, I reckon I got caught up in
your trolling, huh? If you want to email me, feel free to, but I don't
think this discussion matches the topic, right?? Would love to chat,
just gotta follow rules, right?? Bye. Gail Lynn Batton

angel wrote:
> Popsie's Mom wrote:
> > ME:
> > If you are trying to make fun of me by calling me a "FREAK" ok, names
> > don't bug me anymore. If that makes you feel better, I'm glad to help
> > you out. Doesn't bother me any, hahaha hahaha.
>
> oh man... what's a fella got to do to troll someone...
>
> yeah see.. I was trolling you, demonstrating what a troll might do
>
> :)
> -
>
> that sounds like a nice place
>
> I bet that was scary running into the glass... hope you didn't break no
> toes or fingers or get cuts.
>
> If you can't feed the outside cats, how is it that you have Popsie
>
> I know you told how this works, I just can't sort through the posts so
> easily...
>
> maybe if you get time, you might tell again how you actually have a
> cat.
> I think it is great!
>
> I could always go outside to have a puff you know...
> seeing that they have high powered smoke detectors
>
> or eat it
>
> anyway
>
> I don't mind paying extra to have food brought to my bedside,
> especially if The Price is Right is on.
>
> I'm going to check out your web-page some more, maybe I'll figure out
> how you got that cat in your room.
>
> It's none of my business, but may as well bring it up, I hope you have
> friends or family who come visit, and help you make groceries or goto
> the dollar store and what not.
> It's good to get out sometimes. you don't have to answer of course, I
> just hope it's so.
>
> It's pouring down right in VA, I love the rain.
>
> My cats, Lucy and Jupiter are snoozing away, they must like the rain
> too.
> It's been very humid here.
>
> Here is a 2 month old picture of Jupiter when she was about 2 months
> old
> (the picture was taken 2 months ago)
>
> http://barryparrish.com/barjup6.jpg
>
> i need to take some current pics
>
> you do nice with web building too
> do you do all that yourself?
> web building can be frustrating when remote computers don't do right.
>
> see ya

cybercat
July 12th 06, 04:19 AM
"-L." > wrote in message
ps.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>> "Matthew" > wrote> >
>> > You jumped the gun once again it was a response to THE OP
>> >

>> sigh
>>
>> I'm sorry.
>>
>> *hanging my head*
>
> /me hands cc a big fat martini.

ooo, "dirty," just like I like it!

thank you.

It has been one of those weeks.

So far.

angel
July 12th 06, 06:01 AM
Popsie's Mom wrote:
> Read up on "troll", thanks, getting off topic "cat suddenly paralyzed"
> ???, taking up people's time ???, etc. So, I reckon I got caught up in
> your trolling, huh? If you want to email me, feel free to, but I don't
> think this discussion matches the topic, right?? Would love to chat,
> just gotta follow rules, right?? Bye. Gail Lynn Batton

that's some mighty fine trolling you're doing there Gail!

I'm not messing with you, you're are too clever for me.
you got me good... you sho you ain't never been trollin?

on the other hand, it don't work like that slim

nooooo you don't follow no rules, where'd you hear that? wikipedia?
sometimes you gotta fill in the blank spots with a little harmless fun,
that's all

you can post anything you like, you might not get a response...
but that's what public anonymous posting is about, you never know who
you might meet

I've found it's best, when you're in rome you do as the romans

I believe I saw your Popsie and raised you by a picture of my black
baby Jupiter
I think I was very curios how you can feed and keep cats where the
rules say NO CATS
mhmmm, being that you are now keeping rules... heh

Matthew
July 12th 06, 06:15 AM
"angel" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> -L. wrote:
>
>> Bar, hon, if you're real mean to Matty Boy I may make you one. And it
>> will be REALLY DIRTY!
>> -L.
>
> ok, brb, i go to report him to his isp

I see you like it cheap their Barry ;-)

cybercat
July 12th 06, 05:55 PM
"Popsie's Mom" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Read up on "troll", thanks, getting off topic "cat suddenly paralyzed"
> ???, taking up people's time ???, etc. So, I reckon I got caught up in
> your trolling, huh? If you want to email me, feel free to, but I don't
> think this discussion matches the topic, right?? Would love to chat,
> just gotta follow rules, right?? Bye. Gail Lynn Batton

Mrs. Batton,

1. It is a very bad idea for you to post your full name in Usenet,
particularly if you are going to antagonize perfectly nice people
like Angel.For example, in two clicks I found your complete address
and telephone. Just an FYI.

2. Angel was just being nice to you. I have not bothered since
your "retaining water" post because I think you are an idiot. For
God's sake, you are twice the age of most people here and you
have no idea that drinking water helps keep weight off, not on?

HTH. HAND.

Popsie's Mom
July 12th 06, 09:00 PM
okok, beings nobody is on this stream of thought anyway - I'm new at
all this anyway.

I think others sneak-feed the outside cats, or leave their doors open
for the cats at night?? We were threatened that we would be evicted if
we fed them, so we don't.

We did not know about the rules when we first found Popsie and then, we
were told we could have ONE kitty IF we took FULL responsibility -
which we have and have all the papers for her - annual stuff and any in
between stuff as needed.

I sign GAIL LYNN because that's what my Mama named me and Batton
because that's my name and I have no worry about people finding me
because I'm in the phone book and I'm on the web and have nothing to
hide or lose. $20 Want to rob me of that hahhahahhahha??? And I'm
fixin to go to the 99cent store and spend that!!

I have no credit. And, the facility gets my monthly check. So,
whoopteedoo.

I live in a gated community. My companion is big and mean - hahhahaha.

More than that, after all I've lived in my life, I have already told
God that I'm ready whenever He's ready to take me - or I'm ready to
live however long He gives me to stay. It's like a simple walk through
a door and I'm not scared at all.

Pain? I live in intractable pain every day of my life.

So, let me enjoy seeing my name on the dang screen and let me have some
fun while I still can, ok, Sweetie. This Mama just wants to peek in
and see what's going on with people and offer a few words here and
there and be kind to all and well that's about all. Troll? I thought
that was the little critter under a bridge charging a fee to cross
over? All this new jargon is new to me. Someone had a link on about
it and I went to it and read about it.

See you kids later, God bless you, Gail Lynn Batton