PDA

View Full Version : What is he trying to tell us?

July 11th 06, 12:14 PM
Over the past month KitKat walks around the house meowing. I have
tried playing with him, ignoring him, and meowing back at him. He will
even let out crazy sounding meows as he runs around the house. He has
toys, food and water...a good scratching post and we socialize with him
all the time. So...what he is trying to tell us? Should I take him to
the vet?

Thanks

Danielle

Buddy
July 11th 06, 12:55 PM
Sounds like hyperthyroidism or possible kidney problems. Take him to
the vet. How old is he?

wrote:
> Over the past month KitKat walks around the house meowing. I have
> tried playing with him, ignoring him, and meowing back at him. He will
> even let out crazy sounding meows as he runs around the house. He has
> toys, food and water...a good scratching post and we socialize with him
> all the time. So...what he is trying to tell us? Should I take him to
> the vet?
>
> Thanks
>
> Danielle

Eva Quesnell
July 16th 06, 09:36 PM
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 wrote:

> Over the past month KitKat walks around the house meowing. I have
> tried playing with him, ignoring him, and meowing back at him. He will
> even let out crazy sounding meows as he runs around the house. He has
> toys, food and water...a good scratching post and we socialize with him
> all the time. So...what he is trying to tell us? Should I take him to
> the vet?
>
> Thanks
>
> Danielle

A trip to the vet for a check-up can't ever hurt. But...

You say you socialize with him, but do you *play* a good, rousing
game with him. It sounds to me like he's bored. He may have toys, but
cats need interactive play. I have a 9-year-old male who does this. When
he does, I know it's time for a good game. His very favorite game in the
world is "the rope game." I take a soft piece of rope and lay it on the
tile floor in the kitchen. Then I cover the length of rope with several
towels. Then I tug on the rope, and he goes crazy attacking the "snake"
he sees there. When he sees me start to set this up, he comes flying into
the room to attack before I'm even ready.

Another good toy/game is "Da Bird." I got mine from Drs. Foster & Smith.
It's a great toy. It's a long wand with a string on it. At the end of a
string is a collection of feathers that's on a bit of metal that turns
around. When you swoop this toy around, the feathers spin and sound like
a bird flying. My cats' eyes light up when I bring out this toy. I do
keep it in the pantry so they won't eat the feathers when I'm not looking.

Eva

Candace
July 17th 06, 03:32 AM
Eva Quesnell wrote:

> Another good toy/game is "Da Bird." I got mine from Drs. Foster & Smith.
> It's a great toy. It's a long wand with a string on it. At the end of a
> string is a collection of feathers that's on a bit of metal that turns
> around. When you swoop this toy around, the feathers spin and sound like
> a bird flying. My cats' eyes light up when I bring out this toy. I do
> keep it in the pantry so they won't eat the feathers when I'm not looking.
>
> Eva

Eva!!!!!!!! Wow, extremely ltns. How is NM? Welcome back, it's been
years since I've seen you post!

Candace