PDA

View Full Version : I have a few questions about my cats

asnowykitten
July 11th 06, 03:26 PM
Lets start with the oldest one.
Mack- is 5 years old and is a neautred male.We used to let both cats
outside but because of excessive cats fights we made them indoor cats.
Mack has turned from an extremley violent male to big fat (excessivly
fat) love bug.This cat eats all the time.Even when we put him on diet
food he seemed to eat more and gain more than regular food. We decided
to try them on wet cat food. But then it got to the point where thats
all he would eat and i was worried about his teeth softening .This cat
weighs close to 18 pounds .His belly is huge!I dont know how to get him
to lose the gut.Help!

Sassy- is a 3 year old spayed female.She was found running with a pack
of dogs when she was a kitten. I brought her home from pet smart.She
even used to play fetch lol. Now eveytime shes out in open teritory in
the house she acts like your trying to kill her when you pick her up.
But if the door is shut an you are alone in the room with her shes all
over you. When Im awake she pretends to be terrified of our dog. When i
go to sleep my husband says shes all over the dog.Rubbing on him
playing chase with him.But the minute i get up she hisses at the dog
and acts like shes terrified of him again.When I go to bed and am just
about asleep she gets on the bed and starts rubbing her head on my hand
and starts licking my fingers .What is going on with her?

Toni
July 11th 06, 04:28 PM
"asnowykitten" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Lets start with the oldest one.
> Mack- is 5 years old and is a neautred male.We used to let both cats
> outside but because of excessive cats fights we made them indoor cats.
> Mack has turned from an extremley violent male to big fat (excessivly
> fat) love bug.This cat eats all the time.Even when we put him on diet
> food he seemed to eat more and gain more than regular food. We decided
> to try them on wet cat food. But then it got to the point where thats
> all he would eat and i was worried about his teeth softening .This cat
> weighs close to 18 pounds .His belly is huge!I dont know how to get him
> to lose the gut.Help!

Put him on twice daily portions of a good quality wet food- it will not
"soften" his teeth.
And get to playing with him with cat toys, lures, bubbles- whatever floats
his boat- at least twice a day. He needs exercise and limited (but good
quality) food.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/rules.htm

July 13th 06, 04:20 AM
asnowykitten wrote:
> Lets start with the oldest one.
> Mack- is 5 years old and is a neautred male.We used to let both cats
> outside but because of excessive cats fights we made them indoor cats.
> Mack has turned from an extremley violent male to big fat (excessivly
> fat) love bug.This cat eats all the time.Even when we put him on diet
> food he seemed to eat more and gain more than regular food. We decided
> to try them on wet cat food. But then it got to the point where thats
> all he would eat and i was worried about his teeth softening .This cat
> weighs close to 18 pounds .His belly is huge!I dont know how to get him
> to lose the gut.Help!

I would try feeding him twice a day with canned food. Or, if you really
want to stick with dry food, pick a larger kibble. When I got Jay Jay,
he gained weight on even the diet food, but lost weight after I
switched to a food with larger kibbles. It helped by slowing him down.
He had to chew rather than inhale. So, in the same amount of time, he
ate less food, yet was satisfied enough to stop.

I would also play a lot more with him. Find toys he really likes and
give him multiple play sessions per day.

> Sassy- is a 3 year old spayed female.She was found running with a pack
> of dogs when she was a kitten. I brought her home from pet smart.She
> even used to play fetch lol. Now eveytime shes out in open teritory in
> the house she acts like your trying to kill her when you pick her up.
> But if the door is shut an you are alone in the room with her shes all
> over you. When Im awake she pretends to be terrified of our dog. When i
> go to sleep my husband says shes all over the dog.Rubbing on him
> playing chase with him.But the minute i get up she hisses at the dog
> and acts like shes terrified of him again.When I go to bed and am just
> about asleep she gets on the bed and starts rubbing her head on my hand
> and starts licking my fingers .What is going on with her?

Has she always been that way, or has it changed recently? If it
changed, it might be a medical issue. If she has been that way all the
time, she could just be a very strange cat. we have one weird one that
is all lovey in the bathroom and bedroom, but acts freaked out in in
the living room and other areas of the house. Sometimes, she is your
best buddy, and sometimes she acts like she thinks you are going to
kill her. She has been weird since we adopted her last summer. And with
her balance problems (she falls off the cat tree a couple times a week,
we wonder if she had some kind of brain damage. She just isn't normal.

asnowykitten
July 16th 06, 05:15 PM
LoL your weird cat sounds just like my Sassy. When shes out in the open
and you try to pick her up she acts like your trying to kill her.But if
shes alone with you in the bedroom or what have you shes your best
friend.When our dog isnt around she has a facination with my flip flops
she likes to chew the rubber on them. LOL Plus it doesnt matter what
you have in your cup if its in her reach she sticks her nose in it and
drinks out of it LOL.Her very favorite thing in the world are those
bright red flower trees down here in florida that has a load of yellow
pollen in the middle she likes to stick her nose in and smell the
flower and gets pollen all over her.She only drinks from the faucet if
you turn it on for her or out of the gallon bucket we put down for our
dog. LOL>They used to be on that iams catfood that was made with the
yogurt. They inhaled that every day i would have to fill up the
bowl.Now this new food we got from sams their not to fond of it.Its
kinda funny when I was younger before I got married I didnt really do
much research on cats . I basically thought they were cats you feed
them and leave them alone.Now that Im a stay at home mom of 3. I have
been researching about my cats and dog in between chasing a four year
old and caring for my 7 year old daughter who carries the world on her
shoulders as well as her emotions.You know the type (Im crying cause
she looked at me funny).An keeping my 11 year old son from being bored.
An taking care of my husbands dog(actually hes really mine my husband
just thinks hes his).As far as mack goes my main problem is leaving the
cat bowl always down and always filled with food. Because Sassy doesnt
get much access because of the dog who loves to chase her.She eats at
night and nibbles through the day. But mack is ALWAYS at the food bowl.
An if i take it away he drives me nuts meowing like he starving. Even
though the fat on his body could keep him alive for years LOL>He has a
very bad dander issue too. I have ordered the shed ender i dont know
how well it works but Im going to try it out. Thank you ever so much
for your advice:)
~Crystal~