July 11th 06, 06:16 PM
In article >,
---MIKE--- > wrote:
>I forgot to includ the photo.
>http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View?u=1777604&a=13746150&p=74482309&Sequence=0&res=high
>

> ---MIKE---
>>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
> >> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

When I got Bubba he needed to have his belly shaved due to mats from
insufficient brushing/combing. It took almost 6 months to grow back
in because his fur is pretty long. He seems to want to grow mats if
I don't comb them out every week or so. I almost got him a lion cut
but at the last minute fortunately decided to not do that to him :^)

Claude

-L.
July 11th 06, 06:38 PM
Claude V. Lucas wrote:

> When I got Bubba he needed to have his belly shaved due to mats from
> insufficient brushing/combing. It took almost 6 months to grow back
> in because his fur is pretty long. He seems to want to grow mats if
> I don't comb them out every week or so. I almost got him a lion cut
> but at the last minute fortunately decided to not do that to him :^)
>
> Claude

If your cat matts easily and you don't have time to grom him daily, a
lion cut is the way to go. Personally, I'd never have a long-haired
cat after being a groomer, but I think lion cuts are pretty cute if
they are done well.

-L.

Claude V. Lucas
July 11th 06, 06:46 PM
In article om>,
-L. > wrote:

>Claude V. Lucas wrote:
>>
>> When I got Bubba he needed to have his belly shaved due to mats from
>> insufficient brushing/combing. It took almost 6 months to grow back
>> in because his fur is pretty long. He seems to want to grow mats if
>> I don't comb them out every week or so. I almost got him a lion cut
>> but at the last minute fortunately decided to not do that to him :^)
>>
>> Claude
>
>If your cat matts easily and you don't have time to grom him daily, a
>lion cut is the way to go. Personally, I'd never have a long-haired
>cat after being a groomer, but I think lion cuts are pretty cute if
>they are done well.
>
>-L.

Bubba's pretty easy to groom.

Once a week or so keeps him looking good, even though he howls and hisses
over it.

He *is* a couch lion, though.

This kitty (not mine)

http://members.aol.com/soaringeaglesue/SheSaidLineCutNotLionCut.jpg

doesn't look overly pleased...

-L.
July 11th 06, 06:51 PM
Claude V. Lucas wrote:

> This kitty (not mine)
>
> http://members.aol.com/soaringeaglesue/SheSaidLineCutNotLionCut.jpg
>
> doesn't look overly pleased...

Persians are always ****y...

-L.

dgk
July 13th 06, 04:47 PM
On 11 Jul 2006 10:38:37 -0700, "-L." > wrote:

>Claude V. Lucas wrote:
>>
>> When I got Bubba he needed to have his belly shaved due to mats from
>> insufficient brushing/combing. It took almost 6 months to grow back
>> in because his fur is pretty long. He seems to want to grow mats if
>> I don't comb them out every week or so. I almost got him a lion cut
>> but at the last minute fortunately decided to not do that to him :^)
>>
>> Claude
>
>If your cat matts easily and you don't have time to grom him daily, a
>lion cut is the way to go. Personally, I'd never have a long-haired
>cat after being a groomer, but I think lion cuts are pretty cute if
>they are done well.
>
>-L.

I have my first long haired cat but his hair doesn't matt at all. He
hardly even sheds. I do trim around his butt just to ward off any
problems at that end but he keeps it clean anyway. I was thinking that
he might appreciate a haircut for the summer but he's such a wuss that
it's probably not a good idea.

My DSH however sheds constantly. He just walks along and you can hear
the hair yelling "ABANDON CAT".