PDA

View Full Version : Request Help: Might take 13yo to vet

buzzgun
July 13th 06, 01:26 AM
Symptom: My male tabby woke up while I was watching him. His head
tilted from side to side like a see-saw, fast and beyond his control
seemingly...maybe a dozen times. He wasn't distressed, nor did his
behavior seem to change since. Maybe it was a stroke? Could it be
kidney related? The very next day he urinated on a cushion of his that
I moved to an new spot. This isn't necessarily connected. He's oldish
and its not the first time he's urinated to show displeasure about
something. He's an inside-only cat. It was hard to search the group
for such a strange symptom so I'm asking before I get worried enough to
take him to the vet. I'm hopeful someone here might have seen
something like this and discovered its cause or something.

Ta,
buzz

angel
July 13th 06, 01:51 AM
buzzgun wrote:
>..

sounds like a plan to me

buzzgun
July 13th 06, 02:07 AM
angel wrote:
> buzzgun wrote:
> >..
>
> sounds like a plan to me

Well I appreciate the "second". He's not suffering so far as I can
tell.

cybercat
July 13th 06, 02:11 AM
"buzzgun" > wrote in message
ps.com...

> angel wrote:
> > buzzgun wrote:
> > >..
> >
> > sounds like a plan to me
>
> Well I appreciate the "second". He's not suffering so far as I can
> tell.

His symptoms sound very serious. Please take him in.

cybercat
July 13th 06, 02:12 AM
"buzzgun" > wrote[...]

>I'm asking before I get worried enough to
> take him to the vet.

Buzz-- you wrote: "His head tilted from side to
side like a see-saw, fast and beyond his control
seemingly...maybe a dozen times."

I sure would be worried enough to take him to the
vet.

Bttngl
July 13th 06, 02:23 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "buzzgun" > wrote[...]
>
> >I'm asking before I get worried enough to
> > take him to the vet.
>
> Buzz-- you wrote: "His head tilted from side to
> side like a see-saw, fast and beyond his control
> seemingly...maybe a dozen times."
>
> I sure would be worried enough to take him to the
> vet.

I agree, because sometimes an animal may not
seem to be in pain or suffering, but, if they act as
you say which is definately not "normal", it could
get worse or even fatal, if as you offered it could be
a stroke. I am not a vet, and only a vet could be
the one to determine the cause, treatment and
outcome of your pet's condition. I sincerely hope
all turns out well for you. God bless you. Bttngl....

Matthew
July 13th 06, 02:25 AM
"Bttngl" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>> "buzzgun" > wrote[...]
>>
>> >I'm asking before I get worried enough to
>> > take him to the vet.
>>
>> Buzz-- you wrote: "His head tilted from side to
>> side like a see-saw, fast and beyond his control
>> seemingly...maybe a dozen times."
>>
>> I sure would be worried enough to take him to the
>> vet.
>
> I agree, because sometimes an animal may not
> seem to be in pain or suffering, but, if they act as
> you say which is definately not "normal", it could
> get worse or even fatal, if as you offered it could be
> a stroke. I am not a vet, and only a vet could be
> the one to determine the cause, treatment and
> outcome of your pet's condition. I sincerely hope
> all turns out well for you. God bless you. Bttngl....

That is how I knew something was wrong with Rumble he was not acting
normal.

cybercat
July 13th 06, 02:27 AM
"Bttngl" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> I agree, because sometimes an animal may not
> seem to be in pain or suffering

And cats are notorious for not showing pain.

buzzgun
July 13th 06, 02:45 AM
Bttngl wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
> > "buzzgun" > wrote[...]
> >
> > >I'm asking before I get worried enough to
> > > take him to the vet.
> >
> > Buzz-- you wrote: "His head tilted from side to
> > side like a see-saw, fast and beyond his control
> > seemingly...maybe a dozen times."
> >
> > I sure would be worried enough to take him to the
> > vet.
>
> I agree, because sometimes an animal may not
> seem to be in pain or suffering, but, if they act as
> you say which is definately not "normal", it could
> get worse or even fatal, if as you offered it could be
> a stroke. I am not a vet, and only a vet could be
> the one to determine the cause, treatment and
> outcome of your pet's condition. I sincerely hope
> all turns out well for you. God bless you. Bttngl....

I have this little voice that says "No way is $50 going to turn
anything up or produce a cure." Then I'm actually worried and feeling
like I just got a parking ticket.

cybercat
July 13th 06, 03:03 AM
"buzzgun" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Bttngl wrote:
> > cybercat wrote:
> > > "buzzgun" > wrote[...]
> > >
> > > Buzz-- you wrote: "His head tilted from side to
> > > side like a see-saw, fast and beyond his control
> > > seemingly...maybe a dozen times."
> > >
> > > I sure would be worried enough to take him to the
> > > vet.
> >
> > I agree, because sometimes an animal may not
> > seem to be in pain or suffering, but, if they act as
> > you say which is definately not "normal", it could
> > get worse or even fatal, if as you offered it could be
> > a stroke. I am not a vet, and only a vet could be
> > the one to determine the cause, treatment and
> > outcome of your pet's condition. I sincerely hope
> > all turns out well for you. God bless you. Bttngl....
>
> I have this little voice that says "No way is $50 going to turn
> anything up or produce a cure." Then I'm actually worried and feeling
> like I just got a parking ticket.

Ugh.

MaryL
July 13th 06, 03:58 AM
"buzzgun" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Symptom: My male tabby woke up while I was watching him. His head
> tilted from side to side like a see-saw, fast and beyond his control
> seemingly...maybe a dozen times. He wasn't distressed, nor did his
> behavior seem to change since. Maybe it was a stroke? Could it be
> kidney related? The very next day he urinated on a cushion of his that
> I moved to an new spot. This isn't necessarily connected. He's oldish
> and its not the first time he's urinated to show displeasure about
> something. He's an inside-only cat. It was hard to search the group
> for such a strange symptom so I'm asking before I get worried enough to
> take him to the vet. I'm hopeful someone here might have seen
> something like this and discovered its cause or something.
>
> Ta,
> buzz

You need to get to a vet ASAP. These are not "ordinary" symptoms. If it
were me, I would consider it an emergency and grt to a vet without waiting
for "office hours." If you are concerned about cost, consider that delay
could cause a more serious problem (and bigger expenses). None of us can
make this type of diagnosis from the distance of the Internet, but I would
be concerned about some type of neurological problem, and your cat really
does need to be seen immediately.

Incidentally, 13 is not "oldish." Many cats live well into their 20s.

MaryL

angel
July 13th 06, 04:02 AM
buzzgun wrote:

> I have this little voice that says "No way is $50 going to turn
> anything up or produce a cure." Then I'm actually worried and feeling
> like I just got a parking ticket.

no, actually you didn't get a ticket, you got a warning
probably just in time to save his life, probably
you have to view it like that
I am sure you would cry if you lost your cat

it could be a simple inner ear infection and he needs an antibiotic
problem solved, cat lives another 9 lives

Bttngl
July 13th 06, 04:18 AM
angel wrote:
> buzzgun wrote:
>
> > I have this little voice that says "No way is $50 going to turn
> > anything up or produce a cure." Then I'm actually worried and feeling
> > like I just got a parking ticket.
>
> no, actually you didn't get a ticket, you got a warning
> probably just in time to save his life, probably
> you have to view it like that
> I am sure you would cry if you lost your cat
>
> it could be a simple inner ear infection and he needs an antibiotic
> problem solved, cat lives another 9 lives

buzzgun, it is your cat, it is your home. I, we, can't see the exact
circum-
stances. If you are saying the cat has apparently HAD a stroke and now
everything is "ok" and liveable, it is up to YOU. If at all possible, I
would put
off my internet payment, or phonebill, and take my cat to the vet and
check
out why the little critter's got the wobble head and all. Hang in
there.

Al
July 13th 06, 05:51 AM
Hey!!
Take your cat to the vet. Plain and simple.

news:[email protected]

> "buzzgun" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Symptom: My male tabby woke up while I was watching him. His head
>> tilted from side to side like a see-saw, fast and beyond his control
>> seemingly...maybe a dozen times. He wasn't distressed, nor did his
>> behavior seem to change since. Maybe it was a stroke? Could it be
>> kidney related? The very next day he urinated on a cushion of his that
>> I moved to an new spot. This isn't necessarily connected. He's oldish
>> and its not the first time he's urinated to show displeasure about
>> something. He's an inside-only cat. It was hard to search the group
>> for such a strange symptom so I'm asking before I get worried enough to
>> take him to the vet. I'm hopeful someone here might have seen
>> something like this and discovered its cause or something.
>>
>> Ta,
>> buzz
>>

> You need to get to a vet ASAP. These are not "ordinary" symptoms. If it
> were me, I would consider it an emergency and grt to a vet without waiting
> for "office hours." If you are concerned about cost, consider that delay
> could cause a more serious problem (and bigger expenses). None of us can
> make this type of diagnosis from the distance of the Internet, but I would
> be concerned about some type of neurological problem, and your cat really
> does need to be seen immediately.
>
> Incidentally, 13 is not "oldish." Many cats live well into their 20s.
>
> MaryL

Bttngl
July 13th 06, 06:42 AM
Angel, **** happens, and it is up to each of
us whatever we can or want to do with our
pets. The OP probably is confused and
feeling guilty all around - not knowing which
way to let the cat go. Death is gonna happen
to every single breathing organism - FACT,
It is part of the contract when we CHOOSE
to take on a PET. But, it don't help the pain
when it is our turn to see a loved one at that
stage, animal or human. Some people I guess
just want to move on to another topic - let
them. Others, want to comfort this OP and
be a sounding board during this tough time -
let them. To the OP - (what is OP) - we are
here for you and are listening. To Al - whatever.
To Angel - God be with you too when your pet
goes through this stage of life. Bttngl...

angel wrote:
> Al wrote:
> > Hey!!
> > Take your cat to the vet. Plain and simple.
>
> Hey!! don't be an ass or impose your views
>
> he might just let the little ****er die of natural causes
>
> the cat is getting up in years, sorta...
>
> but crap breaks down with age
>
> potentially the cat could cost him 1,000's of dollars whereas a
> backwoods dumbass muther****er like myself would say.. well damn, my
> cat got old and died
> (maybe at 13 yrs old)...
>
> OP damn sho don't need someone taking cheap shots at him.
>
> it's OP's choice
>
> OP didn't come here for a brow beating or a official diagnosis of the
> problem
>
> I goto the computer group and troubleshoot, dude is just
> troubleshooting
> although I totally agree.. sure a vet is warranted..
>
> but why would I show all my ignorance at one time and brow beat the
> poster?
>
> may as well call him a ****ing idiot (no offense to anyone who may have
> reminded him)
> I don't mean it that way
>
> where is your idea of reality here?
>
> me personally? presently my plans are to let my cats go naturaly
> I don't plan on sticking needles in them on a daily basis, I may.. but
> that's my choice
> I am certainly well within my ethical boundaries if I chose not to
>
> It's not about the money
>
> it's' this...
>
> one day, I am certain I will be confronted with the oppurtunity to
> spend probably upwards of 5-600.00 (becaus my cat is getting old, and
> things start breaking down)..
>
> am I any less of a cat lover, or any less ehtical or any less
> compassionate if I chose not too?
>
> no

angel
July 13th 06, 07:00 AM
Bttngl wrote:
> Angel, **** happens, and it is up to each of
> us whatever we can or want to do with our
> pets. The OP probably is confused and
> feeling guilty all around - not knowing which
> way to let the cat go. Death is gonna happen
> to every single breathing organism - FACT,
> It is part of the contract when we CHOOSE
> to take on a PET. But, it don't help the pain
> when it is our turn to see a loved one at that
> stage, animal or human. Some people I guess
> just want to move on to another topic - let
> them. Others, want to comfort this OP and
> be a sounding board during this tough time -
> let them. To the OP - (what is OP) - we are
> here for you and are listening. To Al - whatever.
> To Angel - God be with you too when your pet
> goes through this stage of life. Bttngl...

op means original poster or post

I might have come off wrong
but I am on the cats side

what I really like is the OP's honesty

i like that

it's not the advice, the advice is right on, for sure...

I think I call myself balancing the advice

many here are hard-core cat lovers like myself...
although... I remember there was a day when I thought nothing of
declawing a cat.

so there is that transition of average cat advocate to Wow! these
little guys are really something, I think I intend to soften the blow?

I don't know..

I just didn't like Al yelling at the fella who was being totally
honest.

if you got honesty from someone, you nuture that honesty, you value
that honesty..
(in the best interest of the cat)

sometimes the facts can be upsetting

Take Judge Milan, on Peoples Court

I love how she extracts the truth from people

she does it with a smile, and you have no idea she is fixing to spank
that ass
(excuse me)

angel
July 13th 06, 07:04 AM
Bttngl wrote:
> Angel, **** happens, and it is up to each of
> us whatever we can or want to do with our
> pets.

so we agree

> The OP probably is confused and
> feeling guilty all around - not knowing which
> way to let the cat go. Death is gonna happen
> to every single breathing organism - FACT,
> It is part of the contract when we CHOOSE
> to take on a PET. But, it don't help the pain
> when it is our turn to see a loved one at that
> stage, animal or human. Some people I guess
> just want to move on to another topic - let
> them. Others, want to comfort this OP and
> be a sounding board during this tough time -
> let them.

yelling is not a comfort to anyone
OP is not upset, the incident is done
you're right! he has a weird feeling that he should get it checked out
it probably scared him to see the cats head wobbling out of control.

> To the OP - (what is OP) - we are
> here for you and are listening. To Al - whatever.
> To Angel - God be with you too when your pet
> goes through this stage of life. Bttngl...

the hell are you talking about!

you didn't read crap I wrote

you shallow hal

and see who's side Im on

Im tired of being nice to assholios and shallow judgmental people

****ya!

-L.
July 13th 06, 07:20 AM
buzzgun wrote:
> Symptom: My male tabby woke up while I was watching him. His head
> tilted from side to side like a see-saw, fast and beyond his control
> seemingly...maybe a dozen times. He wasn't distressed, nor did his
> behavior seem to change since. Maybe it was a stroke? Could it be
> kidney related? The very next day he urinated on a cushion of his that
> I moved to an new spot. This isn't necessarily connected. He's oldish
> and its not the first time he's urinated to show displeasure about
> something. He's an inside-only cat. It was hard to search the group
> for such a strange symptom so I'm asking before I get worried enough to
> take him to the vet. I'm hopeful someone here might have seen
> something like this and discovered its cause or something.
>
> Ta,
> buzz

Classic symptom of seizure. Get your cat to a vet.

-L.

Bttngl
July 13th 06, 12:45 PM
Bttngl wrote:.

> > To the OP - (what is OP) - we are
> > here for you and are listening.

Bttngl explains:
As in - caring - for your problems and everyone elses who posts too

Bttngl wrote:
> > To Al - whatever.

Bttngl explains:
As in - Live and let live - as in I ain't gettin in to his stuff he was
talking. Just "What-Ever"

Bttngl wrote:
> > To Angel - God be with you too when your pet
> > goes through this stage of life.

Bttngl explains:
You had written that your pet was aging and you seemed to dread this
stage of old age with your pet and at the time of saying goodbye - I do
not have your exact words so please do not bite my head off ok. I was
just expressing sincere concern.

Angel wrote:
> the hell are you talking about!
>
> you didn't read crap I wrote
>
> you shallow hal

> and see who's side Im on
>
> Im tired of being nice to assholios and shallow judgmental people
>
> ****ya!

Bttngl replies:
Are you tired or sleepy or what? What wire got up your behind? Some of
us have REAL concern for other people and I really believe you do too.
Your posts show it. And what in the world is a "hal" I'm a bit stupid
too when it comes to all this stuff. By the way, Good morning . bttngl.

Bttngl
July 13th 06, 01:14 PM
Buzz, hope the kitty is better today. Hope you are able to see more
focused as to what you want to do and be at peace with your decision.
And, hang in there. We do care and won't yell at you, so keep us all
posted as to how things go. Bttngl
buzzgun wrote:
> Symptom: My male tabby woke up while I was watching him. His head
> tilted from side to side like a see-saw, fast and beyond his control
> seemingly...maybe a dozen times. He wasn't distressed, nor did his
> behavior seem to change since. Maybe it was a stroke? Could it be
> kidney related? The very next day he urinated on a cushion of his that
> I moved to an new spot. This isn't necessarily connected. He's oldish
> and its not the first time he's urinated to show displeasure about
> something. He's an inside-only cat. It was hard to search the group
> for such a strange symptom so I'm asking before I get worried enough to
> take him to the vet. I'm hopeful someone here might have seen
> something like this and discovered its cause or something.
>
> Ta,
> buzz

cybercat
July 13th 06, 05:23 PM
"angel" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Al wrote:
> > Hey!!
> > Take your cat to the vet. Plain and simple.
>
> Hey!! don't be an ass or impose your views

If you would allow Jupiter to suffer like that for any
reason I would be really surprised. You might be able
to get hardcore over Lucy, because you did not raise her
from kittenhood, but I doubt that too.

The cat needs to see a vet 13 is not old.

As for the responses, people who love cats get
upset when they are abused, and refusing to get
medical treatment even when you do not have the
money, is abuse.

There is nothing relative about any of this.

I am upset with you because you, like Elle in
another thread, are defending someone who
will not do whatever it takes to get his cat the
care it needs. The creature is helpless, and likely
afraid and in pain. Jesus.

I take this situation very personally. It is not
fair to the cat. They are not possessions, they
have feelings.

angel
July 13th 06, 05:58 PM
cybercat wrote:

> If you would allow Jupiter to suffer like that for any
> reason I would be really surprised. You might be able
> to get hardcore over Lucy, because you did not raise her
> from kittenhood, but I doubt that too.

did I say he should not see a vet?
didn't the man say, the cat does not appear to be suffering?
and that the cat seemed normal?

so lets chalk his honest question up to lack of education

I get tired of this "I am better than you because I care" routine

some people just don't know any better
some poeple declaw theiri cats

that's why I brought it up

my post was for the hand slappers yelling at th OP to take the cat to
the vet

why not explain (as you finally did) why...

why do we have to vent on someone even if they are full of ignorance

their just going to say.. screw that hateful bunch of people

There is no stereo type of person based on wether or not they have a
good understanding of animals.

cruelty is one thing, but seeing an odd thing and then feeling the cat
is ok
by way of monitoring his regular habits.. and deciding...
"well... he seems to be ok now..."

OP didn't know cats hide their pain.. now he does
now he is armed with more knowledge

> The cat needs to see a vet 13 is not old.
>
> As for the responses, people who love cats get
> upset when they are abused, and refusing to get
> medical treatment even when you do not have the
> money, is abuse.

the cat was not abused, that's absurd show me abuse
it's not there.. I see concern

> There is nothing relative about any of this.

what does that mean, relative..
sure everything is a factor

> I am upset with you because you, like Elle in
> another thread, are defending someone who
> will not do whatever it takes to get his cat the
> care it needs. The creature is helpless, and likely
> afraid and in pain. Jesus.

Well that is still his choice now aint it

suppose he chooses to let the cat "play out"
when it's over its over.

my point is, NOBODY OWES A CAT THE VET
that's my point

nobody should impose VETTING on anyone
short of what is routine and reasonable

maybe he don't love animals like some do

> I take this situation very personally. It is not
> fair to the cat. They are not possessions, they
> have feelings.

well I see you do, but I don't think it's healthy for you

Im not yelling at you

I don't have any soapboxes or **** up my crawl when I say this..

some people just don't see it like that

for example, some people detest a dog in the house
and some people will have a dog in their bed

some folk leave their cats outside (ahem)
some people wouldn't dream of it

I know you understand that, Im not telling you anything new I realize

but... I don't like to see you upset.. with something this common

that's what I've been trying to say

are you surprised that the OP may not see the urgency?

there is no way you can call his actions abusive
it's not there and for you to feel the need to call it that
that concerns me..

angel
July 13th 06, 06:15 PM
cybercat wrote:

> I take this situation very personally. It is not
> fair to the cat. They are not possessions, they
> have feelings.

I guarantee he would already be at the vet if he had the money
he's doesn't, he wants to justify the cost.

but letting a cat die of natural causes is ok in my book
if that's what someone chooses..BUT....

NO... hell no! It goes without saying... if you're not going to treat,
then put them out of their misery.

cybercat
July 13th 06, 06:52 PM
"angel" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > I take this situation very personally. It is not
> > fair to the cat. They are not possessions, they
> > have feelings.
>
> I guarantee he would already be at the vet if he had the money
> he's doesn't, he wants to justify the cost.

This is heinous. You FIND the money. Justifying the cost? Does
he need more than "the cat is sick and probably scared and in pain?"
His cat clearly had a seizure.

> but letting a cat die of natural causes is ok in my book
> if that's what someone chooses..BUT....

So you could just watch this theoretcial cat suffer, eh?

> NO... hell no! It goes without saying... if you're not going to treat,
> then put them out of their misery.

That requires treatment. Or are you advocating shooting the cat in
the head or knocking its head up against a rock, to save money, if
the person "does not have it?"

I think we owe these creatures, who are our companions, a lot more than
that.

cybercat
July 13th 06, 07:04 PM
"angel" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > If you would allow Jupiter to suffer like that for any
> > reason I would be really surprised. You might be able
> > to get hardcore over Lucy, because you did not raise her
> > from kittenhood, but I doubt that too.
>
> did I say he should not see a vet?
> didn't the man say, the cat does not appear to be suffering?
> and that the cat seemed normal?

Nonsense. You know that cats don't show pain.
He saw the cat have a seizure.

> so lets chalk his honest question up to lack of education

No. He is here because he KNOWS the cat needs help, he
just wants to find a way out of spending the $50, as he puts it.

> I get tired of this "I am better than you because I care" routine

I would say that is happening in your mind. What I see, is, "how
the hell can anyone see an animal it allegedly love have a seizure and
NOT take it for immeditate medical attention? Nobody is trying
to be "better" than anyone here. Is everything a game of one-upmanship
for you? I am thinking about the cat.

> some people just don't know any better
> some poeple declaw theiri cats

Some people just don't know any better.
Some people beat their wives, shoot children.

Right?

> that's why I brought it up
>
> my post was for the hand slappers yelling at th OP to take the cat to
> the vet
>
> why not explain (as you finally did) why...
>
> why do we have to vent on someone even if they are full of ignorance

Nobody is "venting." The term implies taking out something on the OP
that has nothing to do with him. ALL I saw was people who were upset
at the idea of a seriously ill animal getting no medical help.

> their just going to say.. screw that hateful bunch of people

> There is no stereo type of person based on wether or not they have a
> good understanding of animals.
>
> cruelty is one thing, but seeing an odd thing and then feeling the cat
> is ok
> by way of monitoring his regular habits.. and deciding...
> "well... he seems to be ok now..."

Is a great way to save "$50" as the OP put it. He came here for
no other reason than to justify his refusal to get the cat the care
it needs. And that is upsetting, and, in fact, heinous in my mind.

> OP didn't know cats hide their pain.. now he does
> now he is armed with more knowledge

Horse ****. Read his description of the seizure. He
knew then that there is a serious problem, and he
knows now. His question is, "will $50 save the cat,
or is she going to die anyway so that I can save the $50."
Disgusting.

> > The cat needs to see a vet 13 is not old.
> >
> > As for the responses, people who love cats get
> > upset when they are abused, and refusing to get
> > medical treatment even when you do not have the
> > money, is abuse.
>
> the cat was not abused, that's absurd show me abuse
> it's not there.. I see concern

Oh, yes, concern, as defined as seeing your cat have a
seizure and coming to Usenet instead of taking it to the vet.
Ugh. Refusing to get an animal (human included) in your care
medical attention when it clearly needs it is ABUSE.

> > There is nothing relative about any of this.
>
> what does that mean, relative..
> sure everything is a factor

It is simple. The cat needs help, he is duty bound
to get it help and not weigh out what his ****ing $50
can get him.

> > I am upset with you because you, like Elle in
> > another thread, are defending someone who
> > will not do whatever it takes to get his cat the
> > care it needs. The creature is helpless, and likely
> > afraid and in pain. Jesus.
>
> Well that is still his choice now aint it

It is your choice whether you want to go shoot someone
in the head, too. That does not make shooting someone in
the head right. You are arguing that companion pets are nothing
more than objects (what the law says) and that it is RIGHT
to refuse them the care they need.

Shame on you.

> suppose he chooses to let the cat "play out"
> when it's over its over.
>
> my point is, NOBODY OWES A CAT THE VET
> that's my point
>
> nobody should impose VETTING on anyone
> short of what is routine and reasonable
>
> maybe he don't love animals like some do
>
> > I take this situation very personally. It is not
> > fair to the cat. They are not possessions, they
> > have feelings.
>
> well I see you do, but I don't think it's healthy for you
>
> Im not yelling at you
>
> I don't have any soapboxes or **** up my crawl when I say this..
>
> some people just don't see it like that
>
> for example, some people detest a dog in the house
> and some people will have a dog in their bed
>
> some folk leave their cats outside (ahem)
> some people wouldn't dream of it
>
> I know you understand that, Im not telling you anything new I realize
>
> but... I don't like to see you upset.. with something this common
>
> that's what I've been trying to say
>
> are you surprised that the OP may not see the urgency?
>
> there is no way you can call his actions abusive
> it's not there and for you to feel the need to call it that
> that concerns me..

His actions are abusive.

angel
July 13th 06, 07:08 PM

:

> You FIND the money. Justifying the cost? Does
> he need more than "the cat is sick and probably scared and in pain?"
> His cat clearly had a seizure.
> > but letting a cat die of natural causes is ok in my book
> > if that's what someone chooses..BUT....
>
> So you could just watch this theoretcial cat suffer, eh?

you still haven't showed me suffering

maybe an ant had crawled into the cats ear sweety

> I think we owe these creatures, who are our companions, a lot more than
> that.

everybody has access to a local animal pound, and they can relieve a
suffering cat there.
you call 911, they call the animal control

rocks? bullets?

well cybercat if I couldn't get to a phone, and my animal was
suffering, and I had no bullets... no you don't smash their head with a
rock, you cut their throught, you do it quick you end the suffering.

angel
July 13th 06, 07:26 PM
buzzgun wrote:
> angel wrote:
> > buzzgun wrote:
> > >..
> >
> > sounds like a plan to me
>
> Well I appreciate the "second". He's not suffering so far as I can
> tell.

Buzz let me ask you.. friend

When you say the cat does not appear suffering

I take it your a reasonable compassionate man
am I right?

I thought I was..

I never suspected that you would allow your 13yo friend to wallow in
misery just to save 50 bux, am I right?

I thought so..

I figure you do not think he is suffering, you don't quite know why he
did what he did, you're researching this matter through a cat loving
group.

Lemme ask you Buzzgun, did you think you would be accused of cruelty
when you made your post?

No, I didn't think so Buzz

I am never an apologist.. however, in the interest of your 13 year old
cat, I would like to know how the fella is doing today...

Don't pay everybody no mind... just me

ha

I take it you are hoping nothing is wrong and that CAT will be on his
normal way directly.

Would you indulge me with a tad of background between you and your cat.

for example

do you spoil him and how so?
what sort of food do you feed him?
do you take him to the vet once a year?

I just refuse to believe that you are cruel

I am accused of defending heinous cruel acts, by saying it is your
choice
I understood you to say, you (being at least average intelligence and
average compassion) did not believe your cat was suffering

My point here is, I think there's more going on with people yelling at
you
than they are willing to admit

like AL

now Im in trouble for jumping AL for jumping you

my first response to you (and would have been my only response) was,
"sounds like a plan to me" but I don't like people yelling at others
and maximizing your cats odd experience in the name of "for God's sake
dumbass, take the cat to the vet"
I don't get off like that

I say... let the man tell us what is wrong, allow him to keep us
updated with the symptoms

if by chance you are a hard core mean hard-ankle asshole... it will
come to surface and we will roast your tail then.. but I know good and
well, this is not who you are, and I don't think it's fair for anyone
to ascert that you are.

MaryL
July 13th 06, 10:47 PM
"angel" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
>> If you would allow Jupiter to suffer like that for any
>> reason I would be really surprised. You might be able
>> to get hardcore over Lucy, because you did not raise her
>> from kittenhood, but I doubt that too.
>
> did I say he should not see a vet?
> didn't the man say, the cat does not appear to be suffering?
> and that the cat seemed normal?

He said his cat's head head "tilted from side to side like a see-saw, fast
and beyond his control seemingly...maybe a dozen times." Cats are
well-known not to show signs of pain until it is severe, but these symptoms
are clearly those of a cat in trouble and in need of veterinary care --
probably seizures or some other neurological problem.

MaryL

angel
July 13th 06, 10:57 PM
MaryL wrote:

> He said his cat's head head "tilted from side to side like a see-saw, fast
> and beyond his control seemingly...maybe a dozen times." Cats are
> well-known not to show signs of pain until it is severe, but these symptoms
> are clearly those of a cat in trouble and in need of veterinary care --
> probably seizures or some other neurological problem.

yeah, I hope he took the cat to the vet

I haven't seen Buzzgun in a quite a few hours

I wish I knew the outcome of several stories that have passed through
here

Al
July 15th 06, 07:35 AM
Well Buzzgun what did you do with all of this input? How is the cat? I
think 13 isn't old at all. Give the animal a chance and get it some help.
Just my opinion.
Don't blast me for it, cause he asked for it in the first place.

"buzzgun" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Symptom: My male tabby woke up while I was watching him. His head
> tilted from side to side like a see-saw, fast and beyond his control
> seemingly...maybe a dozen times. He wasn't distressed, nor did his
> behavior seem to change since. Maybe it was a stroke? Could it be
> kidney related? The very next day he urinated on a cushion of his that
> I moved to an new spot. This isn't necessarily connected. He's oldish
> and its not the first time he's urinated to show displeasure about
> something. He's an inside-only cat. It was hard to search the group
> for such a strange symptom so I'm asking before I get worried enough to
> take him to the vet. I'm hopeful someone here might have seen
> something like this and discovered its cause or something.
>
> Ta,
> buzz

buzzgun
July 16th 06, 12:26 AM
Al wrote:
> Well Buzzgun what did you do with all of this input? How is the cat? I
> think 13 isn't old at all. Give the animal a chance and get it some help.
> Just my opinion.
> Don't blast me for it, cause he asked for it in the first place.

Thank you--each and every one--for the replies. I deserve the worst of
the castigating remarks and I thought fully about all of them. The
matter is not resolved and the vet says its just "wait and see". He
just listened to his heart and looked into his ears. He also
manipulated tabby's anus because a gland had been impacted and tabby
was scooching around for a few weeks, causing some added concern on my
part.
(I had researched this symptom here prior to posting.) He also needed
a rabies shot but i don't ever let him out and he doesn't ever (well ok
a few feet sometimes) try.

I feel that I've learned some things about myself here so thanks again.
The question remains unanswered: what happened and can it be helped?
I have not had to think about taking a cat to the vet for something
serious and immediate in as long as I can remember. I believe now that
the added perspective will remain with me. You have all been helpful
and a willing sounding board.
buzz

angel
July 18th 06, 04:55 AM
you pussy!

learned alot about yourself?

what are you talking about?

git your sorry ass up, this ain't no christian daycare

lol

I'm glad you're able to have the needed things done