PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Foxes

Phil
July 13th 06, 10:21 AM
Has anyone ever come accross a case of a cat be friending a fox?

I think my cat, Kenny has made friends with a fox!! I opened the back door this morning to call him in for breakfast. He is usually in the empty garden next door, so I called him and was looking over there and I suddenly saw him and a fox get up and the fox wandered off the other way and Kenny came trotting over to me, not distressed or unhappy at all so definitely not in a stand off with the fox!!!

Normally if he is called when he is in a stand off, he'll stand his ground and definitely doesn't come running.

Matthew
July 13th 06, 05:27 PM
you need to be careful about rabies foxes can carry the virus and if it
is acting strange and not in the normal behavior for a fox it could be
infected http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/kidsrabies/Animals/fox.htm
"Phil" > wrote in message

> Has anyone ever come accross a case of a cat be friending a fox?
>
> I think my cat, Kenny has made friends with a fox!! I opened the back
> door this morning to call him in for breakfast. He is usually in the
> empty garden next door, so I called him and was looking over there and
> I suddenly saw him and a fox get up and the fox wandered off the other
> way and Kenny came trotting over to me, not distressed or unhappy at
> all so definitely not in a stand off with the fox!!!
>
> Normally if he is called when he is in a stand off, he'll stand his
> ground and definitely doesn't come running.
>

> --
> Phil

ClicketySplit
July 24th 06, 03:01 AM
There is not more I can tell you other than I have heard of it before. My
mother tells me her neighbors cat has been seen playing with a fox and they
dont harm each other, they are actually playfully frienly with each other.

As with the other post to this thread make sure your cat is vaccinated
against rabies. If the fox appears to be disoriented or entranced and
doesn't run when you approach it and it growels at you there's a good chance
that the may have rabies, in that case keep yourself and your cat as far
away from it as possible and contact your local animal control or law
enforcement agency immediately. Last thing you want is to be attacted by a
rabid animal and you dont want it around your pet either!

Hope this helps!

Doug
Newport, RI

"Phil" > wrote in message

> Has anyone ever come accross a case of a cat be friending a fox?
>
> I think my cat, Kenny has made friends with a fox!! I opened the back
> door this morning to call him in for breakfast. He is usually in the
> empty garden next door, so I called him and was looking over there and
> I suddenly saw him and a fox get up and the fox wandered off the other
> way and Kenny came trotting over to me, not distressed or unhappy at
> all so definitely not in a stand off with the fox!!!
>
> Normally if he is called when he is in a stand off, he'll stand his
> ground and definitely doesn't come running.
>

> --
> Phil

ClicketySplit
July 24th 06, 06:52 AM