PDA

View Full Version : 3 years and black still there

July 17th 06, 12:09 AM
3 years ago my cat stepped into some blacktop, that cold junk you put
on driveways to keep them ugly and black but no cracks.

so i called some vets and they said it would wear off.

it's been 3 years and the stuff is still there on mostly 2 paws. it's
just ever so slightly less black and just a tiny bit of pink showing
through.

i can't think of any solution that would work. the vets can't think of
anything that would work and not have serious consequences possibly.

i have tried orange power, gojo, alcohol, spray and shout, lanolin,
nail files to abraid gently the paws but nothing seems to work. on
myself, the alcohol worked fine to get rid of blacktop but not on the
kitty. she snuck out while a neighbor was blacktopping the driveway.
well, ran between my hands as i went to grab her. too quick for me
unfortunately.

Gail
July 17th 06, 12:35 AM
I'm sure it is no longer a threat to her (in terms of toxicity). I would
just let it be......
Gail
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>3 years ago my cat stepped into some blacktop, that cold junk you put
> on driveways to keep them ugly and black but no cracks.
>
> so i called some vets and they said it would wear off.
>
> it's been 3 years and the stuff is still there on mostly 2 paws. it's
> just ever so slightly less black and just a tiny bit of pink showing
> through.
>
> i can't think of any solution that would work. the vets can't think of
> anything that would work and not have serious consequences possibly.
>
> i have tried orange power, gojo, alcohol, spray and shout, lanolin,
> nail files to abraid gently the paws but nothing seems to work. on
> myself, the alcohol worked fine to get rid of blacktop but not on the
> kitty. she snuck out while a neighbor was blacktopping the driveway.
> well, ran between my hands as i went to grab her. too quick for me
> unfortunately.

Niel Humphreys
July 17th 06, 11:16 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>3 years ago my cat stepped into some blacktop, that cold junk you put
> on driveways to keep them ugly and black but no cracks.
>
> so i called some vets and they said it would wear off.
>
> it's been 3 years and the stuff is still there on mostly 2 paws. it's
> just ever so slightly less black and just a tiny bit of pink showing
> through.
>
> i can't think of any solution that would work. the vets can't think of
> anything that would work and not have serious consequences possibly.
>
> i have tried orange power, gojo, alcohol, spray and shout, lanolin,
> nail files to abraid gently the paws but nothing seems to work. on
> myself, the alcohol worked fine to get rid of blacktop but not on the
> kitty. she snuck out while a neighbor was blacktopping the driveway.
> well, ran between my hands as i went to grab her. too quick for me
> unfortunately.

My Q got a blob of it on his nose after being too curious when he was about
3 years old. It was still there when he passed away at age 15. Nothing to
worry about. :)
--

Niel H

July 18th 06, 05:04 PM
Niel Humphreys wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >3 years ago my cat stepped into some blacktop, that cold junk you put
> > on driveways to keep them ugly and black but no cracks.
> >
> > so i called some vets and they said it would wear off.
> >
> > it's been 3 years and the stuff is still there on mostly 2 paws. it's
> > just ever so slightly less black and just a tiny bit of pink showing
> > through.
> >
> > i can't think of any solution that would work. the vets can't think of
> > anything that would work and not have serious consequences possibly.
> >
> > i have tried orange power, gojo, alcohol, spray and shout, lanolin,
> > nail files to abraid gently the paws but nothing seems to work. on
> > myself, the alcohol worked fine to get rid of blacktop but not on the
> > kitty. she snuck out while a neighbor was blacktopping the driveway.
> > well, ran between my hands as i went to grab her. too quick for me
> > unfortunately.
>

> My Q got a blob of it on his nose after being too curious when he was about
> 3 years old. It was still there when he passed away at age 15. Nothing to
> worry about. :)
> --
>
> Niel H

Thanks for your messages. Cats really absorb this stuff like a tattoo.
Why did he pass away at the tender age of 15? Renal failure?

Niel Humphreys
July 18th 06, 06:30 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Niel Humphreys wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >3 years ago my cat stepped into some blacktop, that cold junk you put
>> > on driveways to keep them ugly and black but no cracks.
>> >
>> > so i called some vets and they said it would wear off.
>> >
>> > it's been 3 years and the stuff is still there on mostly 2 paws. it's
>> > just ever so slightly less black and just a tiny bit of pink showing
>> > through.
>> >
>> > i can't think of any solution that would work. the vets can't think of
>> > anything that would work and not have serious consequences possibly.
>> >
>> > i have tried orange power, gojo, alcohol, spray and shout, lanolin,
>> > nail files to abraid gently the paws but nothing seems to work. on
>> > myself, the alcohol worked fine to get rid of blacktop but not on the
>> > kitty. she snuck out while a neighbor was blacktopping the driveway.
>> > well, ran between my hands as i went to grab her. too quick for me
>> > unfortunately.
>>

>> My Q got a blob of it on his nose after being too curious when he was
>> about
>> 3 years old. It was still there when he passed away at age 15. Nothing to
>> worry about. :)
>> --
>
> Thanks for your messages. Cats really absorb this stuff like a tattoo.
> Why did he pass away at the tender age of 15? Renal failure?

I don't know, he was just curled up in the bottom of 'his' wardrobe one
morning after seeming a healthy as pie. Guess it was his time to go.
--

Niel H