PDA

View Full Version : What to put on floor?

Bill
July 19th 06, 03:16 AM
Hello,

My blue mackeral tabby is going on the floor next to the litterbox,
instead of in it. This happens even when the box is only a day or two
old. He is getting worse, for no known reason. Is there something I
can put on the floor to deter him from doing this, and resume using
the box?

Thanks, Bill

Matthew
July 19th 06, 03:20 AM
have you had him checked for a UTI
and or some cats need a cleaner box or two boxes

"Bill" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> My blue mackeral tabby is going on the floor next to the litterbox,
> instead of in it. This happens even when the box is only a day or two
> old. He is getting worse, for no known reason. Is there something I
> can put on the floor to deter him from doing this, and resume using
> the box?
>
> Thanks, Bill

Camilla Baird
July 19th 06, 07:50 AM
Bill wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My blue mackeral tabby is going on the floor next to the litterbox,
> instead of in it. This happens even when the box is only a day or two
> old. He is getting worse, for no known reason. Is there something I
> can put on the floor to deter him from doing this, and resume using
> the box?
>
> Thanks, Bill

The litterbox needs to be cleaned at least once a day - preferably twice
a day.
Is he neutered?
Do you have other cats? If yes, how many litterboxes do you have?
Camilla

Kraut
July 19th 06, 02:19 PM

>My blue mackeral tabby is going on the floor next to the litterbox,
>instead of in it. This happens even when the box is only a day or two
>old. He is getting worse, for no known reason. Is there something I
>can put on the floor to deter him from doing this, and resume using
>the box?

Is he actually going on floor or is he missing the box??

My Margie tries to go as close to the edge of box as she can and
occassionaly goes over the edge on floor so I got a box with higher
sides!!

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/