PDA

View Full Version : Re: Cat not accepted by other

Gail
July 19th 06, 04:49 PM
The older cat has smells from the vet's office. That is why the other one is
"throwing fits." Try placing some vanilla extract on both cats up on the
back of the neck and near the tail. They will settle down in time.
GAil
"Reesecups" > wrote in message
> Have a question for anyone out there. Probably an easy one to
> answer.
>
> I have two cats. One is 14 years old and is the ill one. The
> second has been with me for 7 years and both cats 'tolerate' each
> other most of the time.
>
> The 14 year-old cat got sick and had to spend the night at the vets.
> Since he has returned home, the other cat won't have anything to do
> with him. The 7 year-old just hisses and throws fits when the other
> one tries to get near him.
>
> The vet's assistant recommended putting a drop of perfume on the 7
> year-old's nose to resolve the issue.
>
> I personally would think perfume might make him ill. Any other
> suggestions or advice about this problem? And help would be greatly
> appreciated...
>
> reesecups

Elizabeth
July 19th 06, 05:24 PM
Another suggestion is to brush all (both) the cats with the same brush,
creating a "community" smell on each.

Elizabeth