PDA

View Full Version : Cat Scrubbing along on floor


nfgeneraluser
July 19th 06, 08:03 PM
My 4 year old cat frequently hauls herself across the floor on her bum.
There is never anything on it, I just assume she is itchy (rather long fur
there). anybody know anything else it could be? Anybody have experience
with something similar?

Sharkman BMW
July 19th 06, 08:29 PM
anal glands need cleaning... this was discussed recently...
google it,

or it could be worms


"nfgeneraluser" > wrote in message
...
> My 4 year old cat frequently hauls herself across the floor on her bum.
> There is never anything on it, I just assume she is itchy (rather long fur
> there). anybody know anything else it could be? Anybody have experience
> with something similar?
>

Wendy
July 19th 06, 08:44 PM
"Sharkman BMW" > wrote in message
...
> anal glands need cleaning... this was discussed recently...
> google it,
>
> or it could be worms
>
>
> "nfgeneraluser" > wrote in message
> ...
>> My 4 year old cat frequently hauls herself across the floor on her bum.
>> There is never anything on it, I just assume she is itchy (rather long
>> fur there). anybody know anything else it could be? Anybody have
>> experience with something similar?
>>
>
>

yup, probably one or the other. Call the vet and be prepared to drop off a
fecal sample.

W

bobblespin
July 19th 06, 09:40 PM
"Sharkman BMW" > wrote in :

> anal glands need cleaning... this was discussed recently...
> google it,
>
> or it could be worms
>

If you've already eliminated these two possibilities and it continues,
you're not alone. Mine does it sometimes but he's been checked many times
and his glands are clear and he has no worms. I guess his bum is itchy and
this feels good.

Bobble
--
Save the earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

cybercat
July 19th 06, 09:43 PM
"bobblespin" > wrote in message
...
> "Sharkman BMW" > wrote in :
>
> > anal glands need cleaning... this was discussed recently...
> > google it,
> >
> > or it could be worms
> >
>
> If you've already eliminated these two possibilities and it continues,
> you're not alone. Mine does it sometimes but he's been checked many times
> and his glands are clear and he has no worms. I guess his bum is itchy
and
> this feels good.


I wonder if a daily swipe with a baby wipe or kitty wipe might help?

RobZip
July 19th 06, 11:31 PM
"nfgeneraluser" > wrote in message
...
> My 4 year old cat frequently hauls herself across the floor on her bum.
> There is never anything on it, I just assume she is itchy (rather long fur
> there). anybody know anything else it could be? Anybody have experience
> with something similar?
One of my cats also did this for a while. No anal gland impaction, no
dingleberries. It was quite alarming to see happening since we recently had
installed new carpet. Through process of elimination we determined that
playing tunes by Hank Williams Jr. seemed to be the culprit.

Rhonda
July 20th 06, 04:12 AM
That's what our cat did when his anal scent glands were impacted. A vet
had to clean them out.

Rhonda

nfgeneraluser wrote:
> My 4 year old cat frequently hauls herself across the floor on her bum.
> There is never anything on it, I just assume she is itchy (rather long fur
> there). anybody know anything else it could be? Anybody have experience
> with something similar?
>
>

July 27th 06, 10:26 PM
"Wendy" > wrote in
:

> yup, probably one or the other. Call the vet and be prepared to drop
> off a fecal sample.
>

We all go through it at one time or another, and if it's an indoor cat
it's probably nothing except the anal glands. If the cat coughs up a
hairball, be sure to take it apart and look at it closely for worms or
eggs.

One more thing - get that 25 bucks ready for the fecal sample test!

July 27th 06, 10:28 PM
"RobZip" <no > wrote in news:Xoyvg.39402$u11.12675
@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

> It was quite alarming to see happening since we recently had
> installed new carpet.

I've come to the conclusion that no matter how much you try, you can't keep
these carpets completely clean. They're tough enough on humans with
allergy problems, but for some cats they become a man-made vet's dream
jackpot.