PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Tube

quentin
July 20th 06, 03:41 PM
My cat was diagnosed with diabetes and possible fatty liver, and since
he wasn't eating, the vet put him on a feeding tube (through his neck).
The cat's been home about 2 weeks now and shows interest in food but
isn't eating enough yet to merit taking the tube out. I was wondering
what other people's experience with this is? How long did the cat need
the feeding tube?

Rhonda
July 21st 06, 06:20 AM
Sorry I don't have any current experience with this. I don't know of
anyone who had a cat with a feeding tube at home.

We did have that once years ago with a cat, but she was critically ill
and we just brought her home because the vet could not do anything more
for her.

Good luck with your cat,

Rhonda