PDA

View Full Version : Espy knocks things over

dgk
July 21st 06, 07:43 PM
Since there have been a number of posts about various odd cat
behaviors, I figured that I'd mention that Espy likes to knock stuff
off of shelves and watch as they go down. Anything near the edge of a
shelf is in danger. I've become trained not to leave breakable or
important stuff near the edge.

We've played a game of reverse fetch. He knocks a pen off the shelf, I
catch it and place it back on the shelf. Repeat. Endlessly.

Elizabeth Blake
July 22nd 06, 03:18 AM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> Since there have been a number of posts about various odd cat
> behaviors, I figured that I'd mention that Espy likes to knock stuff
> off of shelves and watch as they go down. Anything near the edge of a
> shelf is in danger. I've become trained not to leave breakable or
> important stuff near the edge.
>
> We've played a game of reverse fetch. He knocks a pen off the shelf, I
> catch it and place it back on the shelf. Repeat. Endlessly.

They all seem to like that. Usually it's stuff on my desk. They'll be
hanging out, all lazy, and spot a pen or other small object. Most of the
time it's very casual - they spot the object, don't actually get up, and
just push it over the edge with a paw. At work Stinky will often start
jumping around on the desk, flipping a paper clip in the air and pouncing on
it but she also does the quiet push-ush-push-oops! thing.

--
Liz