PDA

View Full Version : Sweeter home

Rhonda
July 24th 06, 02:04 AM
There's a tortie back in the house!

Sweeter came home last Friday and is in good spirits. She can't stop
giving me head butts and talking to me. She does not have a fever, yeah!
She's also been taking her pills in Pill Pockets, which has been great.
She gets five pills in the morning and that would have been tough.

She needs to eat more, but it's hotter than heck here. She's just a wisp
of a cat now, but we're working on that.

Thanks for the support!

Rhonda

cybercat
July 24th 06, 02:16 AM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> There's a tortie back in the house!
>
> Sweeter came home last Friday and is in good spirits. She can't stop
> giving me head butts and talking to me. She does not have a fever, yeah!
> She's also been taking her pills in Pill Pockets, which has been great.
> She gets five pills in the morning and that would have been tough.
>
> She needs to eat more, but it's hotter than heck here. She's just a wisp
> of a cat now, but we're working on that.

YAY, Rhonda, YAY Sweeter! I know you will come up with lots
of really tempting things to get her to eat. Does she have to be on a
special diet?

Ann
July 24th 06, 03:07 AM
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 01:04:19 +0000, Rhonda wrote:

> There's a tortie back in the house!

That's excellent news!

> Sweeter came home last Friday and is in good spirits. She can't stop
> giving me head butts and talking to me. She does not have a fever, yeah!
> She's also been taking her pills in Pill Pockets, which has been great.
> She gets five pills in the morning and that would have been tough.
>
> She needs to eat more, but it's hotter than heck here. She's just a wisp
> of a cat now, but we're working on that.
>
> Thanks for the support!
>
> Rhonda

Gail
July 24th 06, 03:09 AM
Wonderful!!
Gail
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> There's a tortie back in the house!
>
> Sweeter came home last Friday and is in good spirits. She can't stop
> giving me head butts and talking to me. She does not have a fever, yeah!
> She's also been taking her pills in Pill Pockets, which has been great.
> She gets five pills in the morning and that would have been tough.
>
> She needs to eat more, but it's hotter than heck here. She's just a wisp
> of a cat now, but we're working on that.
>
> Thanks for the support!
>
> Rhonda

Candace
July 24th 06, 05:12 AM
Rhonda wrote:
> There's a tortie back in the house!

That's wonderful, Rhonda! What an ordeal. Best wishes to Sweeter for
a swift recovery and getting those pounds back on. She sounds like she
is very happy.

Candace

Rhonda
July 24th 06, 05:39 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Rhonda" > wrote in message
>
>>There's a tortie back in the house!
>>
>>Sweeter came home last Friday and is in good spirits. She can't stop
>>giving me head butts and talking to me. She does not have a fever, yeah!
>>She's also been taking her pills in Pill Pockets, which has been great.
>>She gets five pills in the morning and that would have been tough.
>>
>>She needs to eat more, but it's hotter than heck here. She's just a wisp
>>of a cat now, but we're working on that.
>
> YAY, Rhonda, YAY Sweeter! I know you will come up with lots
> of really tempting things to get her to eat. Does she have to be on a
> special diet?

She's not on a special diet yet. Right now it's get into her whatever
she will eat.

I have to talk to our regular vet this week about Sweeter's future diet.
The surgeon's office sent home Purina E/N for gastric issues and Sweeter
ate some of that yesterday -- now today it's off of her preferred list.

Rhonda

Elizabeth Blake
July 25th 06, 04:08 AM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> There's a tortie back in the house!
>
> Sweeter came home last Friday and is in good spirits. She can't stop
> giving me head butts and talking to me. She does not have a fever, yeah!
> She's also been taking her pills in Pill Pockets, which has been great.
> She gets five pills in the morning and that would have been tough.
>
> She needs to eat more, but it's hotter than heck here. She's just a wisp
> of a cat now, but we're working on that.
>
> Thanks for the support!
>
> Rhonda

I'm sure Sweeter is sooooo happy to be home! I hope everything works out
for her.

I tried using those Pill Pockets with Harriet. She normally swallows treats
whole but I think it was a little too big with the pill inside, and she ate
around it. Now I just poke it down her throat, but she only gets 1 capsule
twice a day.

--
Liz

Rhonda
July 29th 06, 04:00 AM
Elizabeth Blake wrote:
> "Rhonda" > wrote in message
>
>>There's a tortie back in the house!
>>
>>Sweeter came home last Friday and is in good spirits. She can't stop
>>giving me head butts and talking to me. She does not have a fever, yeah!
>>She's also been taking her pills in Pill Pockets, which has been great.
>>She gets five pills in the morning and that would have been tough.
>>
>>She needs to eat more, but it's hotter than heck here. She's just a wisp
>>of a cat now, but we're working on that.
>>
>>Thanks for the support!
>>
>>Rhonda
>

> I'm sure Sweeter is sooooo happy to be home! I hope everything works out
> for her.
>
> I tried using those Pill Pockets with Harriet. She normally swallows treats
> whole but I think it was a little too big with the pill inside, and she ate
> around it. Now I just poke it down her throat, but she only gets 1 capsule
> twice a day.

Well, the Pill Pockets lasted about 2 days, but there were a lot of
pills that went down in 2 days. Now we're back to down the throat.

With Abernathy, the Pill Pockets lasted one time only. Those things are
incredible expensive to find out they don't work!

By the way, we had a little slow-down, Sweeter stopped eating completely
and we were back to syringe-feeding. Now she's starting to eat again. We
put her back on Pepcid AC. Looks like she needs that right now. She's
really doing great though. all-in-all.

Rhonda

Candace
July 29th 06, 04:17 AM
Rhonda wrote:

> By the way, we had a little slow-down, Sweeter stopped eating completely
> and we were back to syringe-feeding. Now she's starting to eat again. We
> put her back on Pepcid AC. Looks like she needs that right now. She's
> really doing great though. all-in-all.
>
> Rhonda

That's great, Rhonda!!!!

Candace

Rhonda
July 29th 06, 06:15 AM
Candace wrote:
> Rhonda wrote:
>
>>By the way, we had a little slow-down, Sweeter stopped eating completely
>>and we were back to syringe-feeding. Now she's starting to eat again. We
>>put her back on Pepcid AC. Looks like she needs that right now. She's
>>really doing great though. all-in-all.
>>
>>Rhonda
>
> That's great, Rhonda!!!!
>
> Candace

Thanks, Candace, I think so too!

She's talking so much to me now. I think she's so happy to feel better
and be home.

Rhonda