PDA

View Full Version : Cat Treat Tip: Fish Flakes

Brian Link
July 24th 06, 11:09 PM
For a while I was buying a can of "fish flakes" from our pet food
store. Louis the Bengal goes ape-**** over them, and Tiger likes em
too. Chloe the devil-cat is indifferent, but then that's her
temperament.

The cans were costing around 10 bucks apiece, and though we love
spoiling Louis, it started getting a little much.

My wife was in the grocery store a couple weeks ago, and noticed
packages of "Bonita Flakes". I hadn't heard of them before, but
they're used for making fish stock, among other things.

Turns out they're pretty much the same thing, and cost about 10 times
less.

We have a few more dollars at the end of the month, Louis loves em and
if I ever want to make fish stock, I'm sure he'll let us use some of
his stash.

BLink
--------------------------
"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

angel
July 25th 06, 03:05 PM
Brian Link wrote:
> For a while I was buying a can of "fish flakes" from our pet food
> store. Louis the Bengal goes ape-**** over them, and Tiger likes em
> too. Chloe the devil-cat is indifferent, but then that's her
> temperament.

nobody loves you

cats are lucky to get a morsel, so for 10 dollars a can and no
substantial health benefits
I would eat bonita, unlike you Im not willing to share

John Ross Mc Master
July 25th 06, 03:31 PM
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:09:58 -0500, Brian Link > wrote:

>For a while I was buying a can of "fish flakes" from our pet food
>store. Louis the Bengal goes ape-**** over them, and Tiger likes em
>too. Chloe the devil-cat is indifferent, but then that's her
>temperament.
>
>The cans were costing around 10 bucks apiece, and though we love
>spoiling Louis, it started getting a little much.
>
>My wife was in the grocery store a couple weeks ago, and noticed
>packages of "Bonita Flakes". I hadn't heard of them before, but
>they're used for making fish stock, among other things.
>
>Turns out they're pretty much the same thing, and cost about 10 times
>less.
>
>We have a few more dollars at the end of the month, Louis loves em and
>if I ever want to make fish stock, I'm sure he'll let us use some of
>his stash.
>
>BLink
>"The worst thing about censorship is [redacted]"

Thanks for the idea.