PDA

View Full Version : Runt kitty needs advice...thanks.


bnh0728
July 25th 06, 10:26 PM
"Lilly" has adopted our rear deck as a home, and us as a family. She
is an outside cat, but we let her in to eat, and sometimes to sleep.
She is small for an adult and we think she might have been a neglected
runt as a kitten. She doesn't demand much attention, but seems to
always wants to be near us when indoors. From her personality, her
scars, and the catfights we hear at night, we can tell that she loses
most of her confrontations with other cats (and a couple of them come
around frequently). I can't keep running to the back door at night to
let her in, and we can't make her a house-cat (asthma, allergies,
etc.). She spends most of her time in the back yard and under the back
deck, so do you guys know of anything we can do or buy to deter the
bullies that beat her up? Is there some kind of miracle spray to
discourage unwanted visitors? Sorry so long. Any suggestions
appreciated.

bnh0728
July 26th 06, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the reply Buddy, vet said she is already neutered. The
garage is a good idea. Unfortunately, we're near Houston, and that
won't work most of the year, esp not now. Thanks again.

Buddy wrote:
> Why don't you have her neutered? That could be a big part of it. Can
> she stay in your garage overnight?
>
> There is no miracle spray.
>
> bnh0728 wrote:
> > "Lilly" has adopted our rear deck as a home, and us as a family. She
> > is an outside cat, but we let her in to eat, and sometimes to sleep.
> > She is small for an adult and we think she might have been a neglected
> > runt as a kitten. She doesn't demand much attention, but seems to
> > always wants to be near us when indoors. From her personality, her
> > scars, and the catfights we hear at night, we can tell that she loses
> > most of her confrontations with other cats (and a couple of them come
> > around frequently). I can't keep running to the back door at night to
> > let her in, and we can't make her a house-cat (asthma, allergies,
> > etc.). She spends most of her time in the back yard and under the back
> > deck, so do you guys know of anything we can do or buy to deter the
> > bullies that beat her up? Is there some kind of miracle spray to
> > discourage unwanted visitors? Sorry so long. Any suggestions
> > appreciated.

Ann
July 26th 06, 01:27 AM
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:32:34 -0700, bnh0728 wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Buddy, vet said she is already neutered. The
> garage is a good idea. Unfortunately, we're near Houston, and that won't
> work most of the year, esp not now. Thanks again.

Find her a home. Since she has been spayed, she likely was at one time a
"house cat" and from her behavior she wants to become one again. She would
be a good companion for someone living alone, in an apartment.

> Buddy wrote:
>> Why don't you have her neutered? That could be a big part of it. Can
>> she stay in your garage overnight?
>>
>> There is no miracle spray.
>>
>> bnh0728 wrote:
>> > "Lilly" has adopted our rear deck as a home, and us as a family.
>> > <...>