PDA

View Full Version : Please help our listless and vomiting cat.

Helen
July 26th 06, 05:58 AM
Hello,

Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
healthy and
active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea,
and then for the past week, he has been throwing up a brown liquid.
Most troubling, he is not eating at all. He is rapidly becoming bony,
and is very depressed and listless - just curling up in a corner, not
moving when food is put out, or when my daughter moves toward him
(normally he would leap out of the way!). He is drinking a little,
though, thankfully. And I'm not sure if this is significant, but he
has stopped hard-pooping.

What we are suspecting is that he ate some styrofoam padding we had in
the basement
recently...we see big chunks of it missing; however, it's not turning
up in
the vomit or his discharge. (?) Perhaps Luxor is not the brightest
kitty, but we really love him, and wonder what we can do to get him to
eat again, and to feel happy again.

Thank you for any feedback. We'd like to hear if there's anything we
can do at home, because we can't afford vet bills right now. Please
respond A.S.A.P.!

Helen

July 26th 06, 06:31 AM
"Helen" > wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
healthy and
active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea

What the **** is wrong with you?

Bite the bullet, skimp on the fast food and take your cat to the vet.

Asshole.

eliz
July 26th 06, 08:40 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Helen" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
> healthy and
> active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
> all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea
>
> What the **** is wrong with you?
>
> Bite the bullet, skimp on the fast food and take your cat to the vet.
>
> Asshole.
I'm italian and I had always had cats at home. I put there out of my
house and they always stay in wealth but I give to them not food of the
supermarket but the rest of the food of our people

Wendy
July 26th 06, 11:41 AM
Well you don't have to do anything. Give it a few more days and you'll just
have to dig the hole in the backyard to bury him.

Get the cat to the vet NOW! By waiting you are making matters worse. He's
likely to develop hepatic lipidosis from not eating on top of whatever the
initial problem was.

If it was your child with these symptoms you wouldn't be posting on a
newsgroup asking if he needed to go to the doctor now would you?

"Helen" > wrote in message
[...]

July 26th 06, 07:03 PM
"Helen" > wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
>healthy and
>active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
>all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea,
>and then for the past week, he has been throwing up a brown liquid.
>Most troubling, he is not eating at all. He is rapidly becoming bony,
>and is very depressed and listless - just curling up in a corner, not
>moving when food is put out, or when my daughter moves toward him
>(normally he would leap out of the way!). He is drinking a little,
>though, thankfully. And I'm not sure if this is significant, but he
>has stopped hard-pooping.
>
>What we are suspecting is that he ate some styrofoam padding we had in
>the basement
>recently...we see big chunks of it missing; however, it's not turning
>up in
>the vomit or his discharge. (?) Perhaps Luxor is not the brightest
>kitty, but we really love him, and wonder what we can do to get him to
>eat again, and to feel happy again.
>
>Thank you for any feedback. We'd like to hear if there's anything we
>can do at home, because we can't afford vet bills right now. Please
>respond A.S.A.P.!
>
>Helen

Sell your computer instead of asking stupid questions on it, and then
use the money to pay the vet.

-mhd

Candace
July 26th 06, 10:19 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "Helen" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
> healthy and
> active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
> all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea
>
> What the **** is wrong with you?
>
> Bite the bullet, skimp on the fast food and take your cat to the vet.
>
> Asshole.

I can't see the original posts that this ****wad posted on either of
the 2 threads she started...at least not through Google. She must be
trying to delete them. But this is for her, the ****ing moron OP:

Your cat probably has a blockage and he will definitely die without
veterinary help. He is not going to pass styrofoam on his own. It is
your fault the cat ate styrofoam and now you are denying him medical
care. He is suffering greatly. Why don't ****wads like you understand
that animals feel pain exactly the way humans do? Would you like to be
barfing up brown liquid? That brown liquid is probably liquid poo,
stupid, since he can't pass it normally. Would you like to have
regurgitated poo coming up your throat? I sincerely hope you do
someday.

Take the cat to a humane society, explain what a moron and bad pet
owner you are, and they will euthanize him and put him out of his
misery for nothing so that you don't have to spend any money. Then
take your daughter out for a nice lunch on the money you saved and
explain to her what a ****ing cretin you are and how you were
responsible for the life of an innocent animal and let him eat
styrofoam and get blocked and did ****ING NOTHING for him. I'm sure
she will respect you for it and grow up to be just like you.

Either get the cat to a vet right away and charge the vet bill or steal
some money to pay for it or prostitute your ugly self or something!!!!!
Otherwise, get him to the humane society or a kind vet who will put
him out of his misery for nothing. You are a despicable piece of human
waste. I hope something real icky happens to you.

Candace

Candace
July 26th 06, 10:22 PM
eliz wrote:

> I'm italian and I had always had cats at home. I put there out of my
> house and they always stay in wealth but I give to them not food of the
> supermarket but the rest of the food of our people

Your cats eat Italian food? Like Garfield eating lasagna? That's
nice. Guess what? Cats need taurine which is in cat food specially
formulated for *cats.* Eating food meant for humans is not fulfilling
their dietary needs. You're not doing them any favor feeding them
mostaccioli or whatever.

Candace

Willie
July 26th 06, 11:56 PM
Holy Christ, you people are not doing animals any favours by being
abusive and spewing
vitriol at this poster. Some of you at least offered possible causes
for this cat's sickness, and other just launched personal attacks and
insults without knowing the whole story.
It's understandable you want to encourage the person to take the cat to
the vet. You can say so firmly and with conviction WITHOUT resorting
to ugly name calling. Save that for someone who can't even be arsed to
ASK FOR HELP ON A CAT FORUM, instead just kicking the poor thing til it
dies. You people are so judgemental of people and their problems, you
think that it's okay to be cruel (and you are being excessively cruel)
to someone who (within a quick period of time) has sought advice in the
right place. Perhaps after any home remedies failed, she or he would
have taken the cat to the emergency clinic, or given him away. What do
you people do when your vet is away or sick, or you live very far from
one? Just sit there and not seek any alternative help?

Come on, don't make yourselves ugly and make animal rights activists
look like some foul-mouthed *******s.

wrote:
> "Helen" > wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
> >healthy and
> >active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
> >all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea,
> >and then for the past week, he has been throwing up a brown liquid.
> >Most troubling, he is not eating at all. He is rapidly becoming bony,
> >and is very depressed and listless - just curling up in a corner, not
> >moving when food is put out, or when my daughter moves toward him
> >(normally he would leap out of the way!). He is drinking a little,
> >though, thankfully. And I'm not sure if this is significant, but he
> >has stopped hard-pooping.
> >
> >What we are suspecting is that he ate some styrofoam padding we had in
> >the basement
> >recently...we see big chunks of it missing; however, it's not turning
> >up in
> >the vomit or his discharge. (?) Perhaps Luxor is not the brightest
> >kitty, but we really love him, and wonder what we can do to get him to
> >eat again, and to feel happy again.
> >
> >Thank you for any feedback. We'd like to hear if there's anything we
> >can do at home, because we can't afford vet bills right now. Please
> >respond A.S.A.P.!
> >
> >Helen

> Sell your computer instead of asking stupid questions on it, and then
> use the money to pay the vet.
>
> -mhd

cybercat
July 27th 06, 12:51 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> cybercat wrote:
> > "Helen" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
> > healthy and
> > active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
> > all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea
> >
> > What the **** is wrong with you?
> >
> > Bite the bullet, skimp on the fast food and take your cat to the vet.
> >
> > Asshole.
>
> I can't see the original posts that this ****wad posted on either of
> the 2 threads she started...at least not through Google. She must be
> trying to delete them. But this is for her, the ****ing moron OP:
>
> Your cat probably has a blockage and he will definitely die without
> veterinary help. He is not going to pass styrofoam on his own. It is
> your fault the cat ate styrofoam and now you are denying him medical
> care. He is suffering greatly. Why don't ****wads like you understand
> that animals feel pain exactly the way humans do? Would you like to be
> barfing up brown liquid? That brown liquid is probably liquid poo,
> stupid, since he can't pass it normally. Would you like to have
> regurgitated poo coming up your throat? I sincerely hope you do
> someday.
>
> Take the cat to a humane society, explain what a moron and bad pet
> owner you are, and they will euthanize him and put him out of his
> misery for nothing so that you don't have to spend any money. Then
> take your daughter out for a nice lunch on the money you saved and
> explain to her what a ****ing cretin you are and how you were
> responsible for the life of an innocent animal and let him eat
> styrofoam and get blocked and did ****ING NOTHING for him. I'm sure
> she will respect you for it and grow up to be just like you.
>
> Either get the cat to a vet right away and charge the vet bill or steal
> some money to pay for it or prostitute your ugly self or something!!!!!
> Otherwise, get him to the humane society or a kind vet who will put
> him out of his misery for nothing. You are a despicable piece of human
> waste. I hope something real icky happens to you.

I love you, Candace.

Candace
July 27th 06, 01:52 AM
Willie wrote:
> Holy Christ, you people are not doing animals any favours by being
> abusive and spewing
> vitriol at this poster. Some of you at least offered possible causes
> for this cat's sickness, and other just launched personal attacks and
> insults without knowing the whole story.
> It's understandable you want to encourage the person to take the cat to
> the vet. You can say so firmly and with conviction WITHOUT resorting
> to ugly name calling. Save that for someone who can't even be arsed to
> ASK FOR HELP ON A CAT FORUM, instead just kicking the poor thing til it
> dies. You people are so judgemental of people and their problems, you
> think that it's okay to be cruel (and you are being excessively cruel)
> to someone who (within a quick period of time) has sought advice in the
> right place. Perhaps after any home remedies failed, she or he would
> have taken the cat to the emergency clinic, or given him away. What do
> you people do when your vet is away or sick, or you live very far from
> one? Just sit there and not seek any alternative help?
>
> Come on, don't make yourselves ugly and make animal rights activists
> look like some foul-mouthed *******s.

Oh, please, "within a quick period of time"? The cat has been sick for
over a week, barfing up ****, laying in the corner, listless, and she
knows that he probably ate styrofoam? It doesn't take a rocket
scientist to figure out that styrofoam is not digestible. She even
assumes that. The syrofoam is sitting in the cat's intestines,
blocking it, it can't eat or crap, and something will probably rupture
soon if it hasn't already. The first couple of posters did say "Take
the cat to the vet" without any vitriol. She already is whining that
she has no money to take the cat to the vet even though she assumes he
ate styrofoam. What home remedy is there for that? Her original posts
have disappeared off google so she must have deleted them knowing what
a dolt she sounded like.

There is really nothing to say except "TAKE THE CAT TO A VET." There
is no home remedy for a blockage casued by styrofoam. She made it
clear that going to the vet probably was not an option. Why should we
be kind and compassionate to her? Whether we say it with love and
compassion, "Sweet little moronic darling, your cat is dying" or say it
with vitriol, the outcome will be the same. This is not just a little
case of ear mites or something fairly innocuous, it's life-threatening.
If she heeded the first posters' advice to take the cat to a vet, then
she probably never even saw the rest of them. But the poor cat is
probably going to die very soon.

Seriously, what sort of person watches their cat barf up **** for days
and can only post to a newsgroup that they have no $$ to take the cat
to a vet? That is one of the almost universal feelings on this ng: if
you have a pet, you need to be able to provide for it, at least in an
emergency, if only to be able to take it somewhere to be euthanized. I
don't feel at all bad for treating her like the piece of **** she is.
I feel very sorry for the poor cat, though. What a terrible way to
die.

Candace

> wrote:
> > "Helen" > wrote:
> >
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
> > >healthy and
> > >active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
> > >all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea,
> > >and then for the past week, he has been throwing up a brown liquid.
> > >Most troubling, he is not eating at all. He is rapidly becoming bony,
> > >and is very depressed and listless - just curling up in a corner, not
> > >moving when food is put out, or when my daughter moves toward him
> > >(normally he would leap out of the way!). He is drinking a little,
> > >though, thankfully. And I'm not sure if this is significant, but he
> > >has stopped hard-pooping.
> > >
> > >What we are suspecting is that he ate some styrofoam padding we had in
> > >the basement
> > >recently...we see big chunks of it missing; however, it's not turning
> > >up in
> > >the vomit or his discharge. (?) Perhaps Luxor is not the brightest
> > >kitty, but we really love him, and wonder what we can do to get him to
> > >eat again, and to feel happy again.
> > >
> > >Thank you for any feedback. We'd like to hear if there's anything we
> > >can do at home, because we can't afford vet bills right now. Please
> > >respond A.S.A.P.!
> > >
> > >Helen

> > Sell your computer instead of asking stupid questions on it, and then
> > use the money to pay the vet.
> >
> > -mhd

Wendy
July 27th 06, 02:28 AM
Oh come on. How many days does a cat have to throw up 'brown liquid' before
someone can use their own common sense and get the cat seen by a
professional. When a cat is in that shape I wouldn't want someone trying
home remedies. It's way too late for that after farting around for a week.

a simple Google for 'financial assistance veterinary bills' came up with the
following and a number of other web sites that could be helpful.
http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/what_you_can_do_if_you_are_having_trouble_affordin g_veterinary_care.html

ups.com...

wrote:
> "Helen" > wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
> >healthy and
> >active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
> >all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea,
> >and then for the past week, he has been throwing up a brown liquid.
> >Most troubling, he is not eating at all. He is rapidly becoming bony,
> >and is very depressed and listless - just curling up in a corner, not
> >moving when food is put out, or when my daughter moves toward him
> >(normally he would leap out of the way!). He is drinking a little,
> >though, thankfully. And I'm not sure if this is significant, but he
> >has stopped hard-pooping.
> >
> >What we are suspecting is that he ate some styrofoam padding we had in
> >the basement
> >recently...we see big chunks of it missing; however, it's not turning
> >up in
> >the vomit or his discharge. (?) Perhaps Luxor is not the brightest
> >kitty, but we really love him, and wonder what we can do to get him to
> >eat again, and to feel happy again.
> >
> >Thank you for any feedback. We'd like to hear if there's anything we
> >can do at home, because we can't afford vet bills right now. Please
> >respond A.S.A.P.!
> >
> >Helen

> Sell your computer instead of asking stupid questions on it, and then
> use the money to pay the vet.
>
> -mhd

Sandra Loosemore
July 27th 06, 03:31 AM
"Wendy" > writes:

> a simple Google for 'financial assistance veterinary bills' came up with the
> following and a number of other web sites that could be helpful.
> http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/what_you_can_do_if_you_are_having_trouble_affordin g_veterinary_care.html

I also think it's very bad that someone would neglect to get
veterinary care for a cat who is obviously very sick. But rather than
spewing a bunch of profanity at the OP -- which is unlikely to do anything
for the poor cat! -- wouldn't it be better to point out sites like this
that contain practical advice? It seems like issues involving sick cats
and people who don't have a lot of money to pay for veterinary care come
up quite often on this newsgroup.

Telling the poster that they should have thought about this before they
got a pet doesn't help the suffering cat.

Calling the poster names, accusing them of being an animal abuser, or
resorting to profanity doesn't help the suffering cat.

Instead, can't we make more of an effort to respond to questions like
this more like: "Your cat is obviously very sick and urgently needs
professional medical care. Random people on the net *cannot* help
him/her get better, and if you do nothing, your cat will suffer
needlessly and possibly die. Please call your vet or local animal
shelter ASAP and explain that your cat is very sick but that you don't
have much money. Most vets are very sensitive to these issues and
will try to work with you to do what's best for the cat within your
budget constraints."

In other words, try working from the assumption that people who post
such questions are simply clueless, rather than evil. I think the
fact that they are asking for help in the first place does show that
they really *are* concerned for their cat's welfare and are not abusing
animals for the fun of it. And, as I said, responding as if such
questions are asked in good faith might produce some results, while
merely flaming at the poster accomplishes nothing.

-Sandra the cynic

Candace
July 27th 06, 03:59 AM
Sandra Loosemore wrote:

> Telling the poster that they should have thought about this before they
> got a pet doesn't help the suffering cat.
>
> Calling the poster names, accusing them of being an animal abuser, or
> resorting to profanity doesn't help the suffering cat.
>
> In other words, try working from the assumption that people who post
> such questions are simply clueless, rather than evil. I think the
> fact that they are asking for help in the first place does show that
> they really *are* concerned for their cat's welfare and are not abusing
> animals for the fun of it. And, as I said, responding as if such
> questions are asked in good faith might produce some results, while
> merely flaming at the poster accomplishes nothing.
>
> -Sandra the cynic

Hmmm, I dunno. This poster seemd excessively stupid or, hopefully, a
troll (although I doubt it). But where are her original posts? She
must be removing them for whatever reason. Maybe she was bombarded
with emails (I don't personally email people I don't know so it wasn't
by me). Maybe she realized how stupid she sounded. Maybe the cat
died. I don't think either vitriolic or "constructive" posts will
help, at this point.

I can see doing what you said in some circumstances but, sheesh,
*anyone* in their right mind knows that a cat barfing up brown liquid
and laying in a corner for a week listless is not going to be helped by
some home remedy. If she needs a newsgroup to tell her the cat needs a
vet, she's pretty far gone.

Really, I hope she saw your post and looked at the website and found
some help but I'm not too hopeful. Me cussing her out is not going to
stop her from taking the cat to a vet; I don't think she will
regardless.

Candace

John Kimmel
July 27th 06, 08:10 AM
Helen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
> healthy and
> active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
> all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea,
> and then for the past week, he has been throwing up a brown liquid.
> Most troubling, he is not eating at all. He is rapidly becoming bony,
> and is very depressed and listless - just curling up in a corner, not
> moving when food is put out, or when my daughter moves toward him
> (normally he would leap out of the way!). He is drinking a little,
> though, thankfully. And I'm not sure if this is significant, but he
> has stopped hard-pooping.
>
> What we are suspecting is that he ate some styrofoam padding we had in
> the basement
> recently...we see big chunks of it missing; however, it's not turning
> up in
> the vomit or his discharge. (?) Perhaps Luxor is not the brightest
> kitty, but we really love him, and wonder what we can do to get him to
> eat again, and to feel happy again.
>
> Thank you for any feedback. We'd like to hear if there's anything we
> can do at home, because we can't afford vet bills right now. Please
> respond A.S.A.P.!
>
> Helen

You are probably not reading this, and with good reason.

RPCH is a good place to ask questions and find information on cat health
and behavior, if you are selective. It is very, very easy to figure out
who's likely to provide useful information and who's not. Just ignore
the "not" category. Most news readers provide filtering tools, but I
personally get more pleaseure from knowing who I am ignoring, and using
the "plonk" feature.

Another good place to post your question would be alt.med.veterinary, as
there are some real vets who occasionally respond. Alt.med.veterinary
has only one kook to filter out, but even he has usable advice on animal
behavior.

You can do a google search for "free veterinary advice". I found one
site that charges a very low fee based on how useful you feel their
answer is. I haven't tried it.

Without veterinary care, your cat is going to die. From your
description, he probably has a blocked bowel and saving him will require
about $1000+ worth of surgery.

I paid $1000 at an emergency clinic to try and save my cat. They made
me pay in advance. He died. I feel bad. I feel bad that I couldn't
spend $30,000 to try and save him, I feel bad that I didn't get my
money's worth out of the $1000 I did spend, but mainly I feel bad
because I miss my cat. If I hadn't spent the $1000, I probably wouldn't
feel any worse.

The only desperate measure that I would try if I were in your situation
(which may help and probably won't hurt) would be to massage or
palpate his abdomen, try and feel for the blockage and help it along.

While my cat was dying, I was able to calm him and ease his pain just by
holding him in my lap and stroking him.

Be with your cat, hold him, tell him you love him.

Hope this helps.

--
John Kimmel

remove x

Laughter. Tears. Curtain.

Helen
July 27th 06, 09:16 AM
Hello John,

I appreciate the time you took to steer me in the
right direction. I was quite upset when I read the
reactions of the Google group members toward me - as
if I intended to let Luxor suffer and was evil for
admitting we couldn't afford a veterinarian.

Fortunately, Luxor is much better today - he is eating
now, and is lessed stressed out. His tail was up for
the first time this week! The worst of his
indigestion problems seems to be over.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I'm sure he knew
how much you cared for him.

The advice to comfort Luxor was very good...his
spirits were higher after we showered him with plenty
of affection and quiet reassurance.

All the best to you. You're a wonderful human being!

John Kimmel wrote:
> [...]
> description, he probably has a blocked bowel and saving him will require
> about $1000+ worth of surgery.
>
> I paid $1000 at an emergency clinic to try and save my cat. They made
> me pay in advance. He died. I feel bad. I feel bad that I couldn't
> spend $30,000 to try and save him, I feel bad that I didn't get my
> money's worth out of the $1000 I did spend, but mainly I feel bad
> because I miss my cat. If I hadn't spent the $1000, I probably wouldn't
> feel any worse.
>
> The only desperate measure that I would try if I were in your situation
> (which may help and probably won't hurt) would be to massage or
> palpate his abdomen, try and feel for the blockage and help it along.
>
> While my cat was dying, I was able to calm him and ease his pain just by
> holding him in my lap and stroking him.
>
> Be with your cat, hold him, tell him you love him.

-L.
July 27th 06, 09:45 AM
Helen wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> I appreciate the time you took to steer me in the
> right direction. I was quite upset when I read the
> reactions of the Google group members toward me - as
> if I intended to let Luxor suffer

You *were* letting him suffer - your post proved so. Letting an animal
suffer is neglect, and is actionable by law.

and was evil for
> admitting we couldn't afford a veterinarian.

You're just ignorant, apparently. If you can't afford vet care for
your cat you really shouldn't have one.

> Fortunately, Luxor is much better today - he is eating
> now, and is lessed stressed out. His tail was up for
> the first time this week! The worst of his
> indigestion problems seems to be over.
>
> I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I'm sure he knew
> how much you cared for him.
>
> The advice to comfort Luxor was very good...his
> spirits were higher after we showered him with plenty
> of affection and quiet reassurance.

Next time you may not be so lucky.

-L.

Matthew
July 27th 06, 10:33 AM
"Helen" > wrote in message

I smell a troll

Helen
July 27th 06, 10:41 AM
Come again, Matthew? Come again?

Matthew wrote:
> "Helen" > wrote in message
>
> I smell a troll

Matthew
July 27th 06, 10:46 AM
"Sandra Loosemore" >

No offense since you just started posting here Do a Google of how
many of these people come here every day post most are trolls, some are
truly naive some do it to get a rise but none have common sense.
Any person that has an IQ of young child knows being sick is being sick
This OP would be in jail if it was child and OP would have called 911 never
worrying about the cost till after. A person that actually cared about
there animal would called vets to find out what is wrong and if cost was a
factor would have asked there are very little vets that won't work out
something with people

The first responders told her take the vet What a minute why am I
explaining myself Google and see the problems the group faces almost
everyday look below a post "my cat suddenly paralyzed"

Matthew
July 27th 06, 10:55 AM
Did you take your cat to a vet yet till then don't even bother responding

"Helen" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Come again, Matthew? Come again?
>

> Matthew wrote:
>> "Helen" > wrote in message
>>
>> I smell a troll

Helen
July 27th 06, 10:59 AM
Get out of my thread, you ignoramus. I WAS RESPONDING TO JOHN, LETTING
HIM KNOW MY CAT LUXOR IS JUST FINE NOW.

Screw you and your judgements.

Matthew wrote:
> Did you take your cat to a vet yet till then don't even bother responding
>

> "Helen" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > Come again, Matthew? Come again?
> >

> > Matthew wrote:
> >> "Helen" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> I smell a troll

Wendy
July 27th 06, 11:06 AM
"John Kimmel" > wrote in message
> [...]
> he probably has a blocked bowel and saving him will require about $1000+
> worth of surgery.
>
> I paid $1000 at an emergency clinic to try and save my cat. They made me
> pay in advance. He died. I feel bad. I feel bad that I couldn't spend
> $30,000 to try and save him, I feel bad that I didn't get my money's worth
> out of the $1000 I did spend, but mainly I feel bad because I miss my cat.
> If I hadn't spent the $1000, I probably wouldn't feel any worse.
>
> The only desperate measure that I would try if I were in your situation
> (which may help and probably won't hurt) would be to massage or palpate
> his abdomen, try and feel for the blockage and help it along.
>
> While my cat was dying, I was able to calm him and ease his pain just by
> holding him in my lap and stroking him.
>
> Be with your cat, hold him, tell him you love him.

So your advise is to hold the cat why it dies slowly?

Matthew
July 27th 06, 11:06 AM
Ohh feel better now

Oh your true self revealed Your [email protected]**** has been brought out

You used my info to respond you stupid animal abuser

Welcome to the world of the internet Animal abusers are the targets of
animal lovers so we will never leave the likes of you alone
You have been targeted ANIMAL ABUSER and admitted it for all the world to
see that you are an animal abuser

Don't like the truth than STFU ANIMAL ABUSER

Time for some coffee and go read the comics need a good laugh instead of
seeing your animal abusing post

"Helen" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Get out of my thread, you ignoramus. I WAS RESPONDING TO JOHN, LETTING
> HIM KNOW MY CAT LUXOR IS JUST FINE NOW.
>
> Screw you and your judgements.

No thank you I would not want to be hurt and not have you call someone
to help me If I need medical treatment

Grew up

Helen
July 27th 06, 11:17 AM
Better be careful with your accusations. Slandering someone can get
your ass sued.

You don't know the whole story of my cat's behaviour or health...you
only know what I posted, and much of it was dramatized in order to get
an immediate response from the forum. My cat was stressed out because
he was constipated. He was less active than usual. That was the
extent of his illness. And his efficient little body was getting rid
of whatever didn't agree with him. His eyes and nose had no discharge,
nor was he wasn't crying or meowing in pain. He didn't feel like
eating for a few days, and now he is.

Again, get off my thread and stop with your spitting. You make me
sick.

Matthew wrote:
> Ohh feel better now
>
> Oh your true self revealed Your [email protected]**** has been brought out
>
> You used my info to respond you stupid animal abuser
>
> Welcome to the world of the internet Animal abusers are the targets of
> animal lovers so we will never leave the likes of you alone
> You have been targeted ANIMAL ABUSER and admitted it for all the world to
> see that you are an animal abuser
>
> Don't like the truth than STFU ANIMAL ABUSER
>

> Time for some coffee and go read the comics need a good laugh instead of
> seeing your animal abusing post
>

> "Helen" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Get out of my thread, you ignoramus. I WAS RESPONDING TO JOHN, LETTING
> > HIM KNOW MY CAT LUXOR IS JUST FINE NOW.
> >
> > Screw you and your judgements.
> >
> No thank you I would not want to be hurt and not have you call someone
> to help me If I need medical treatment
>
> Grew up

Matthew
July 27th 06, 11:24 AM
SUE ME ANIMAL ABUSER!!!!!!!!! YOU MAKE ME SICK WITH YOUR STUPIDITY OF
DEFENDING YOUR ANIMAL ABUSER WAYS!!!!!!!!!! SUE
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
If that was your child you would be in jail think about that ANIMAL
ABUSER! SUE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No slander your own words your are an animal abuser the world knows it now
SUE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You want me to get off your thread grew up ANIMAL ABUSER seek
professional help welcome to the wonder world of the internet. You think
I am bad wait till the rest of the group wakes up and see your ANIMAL
ABUSER [email protected]****.

Since it is morning why don't your get off your lazy ass go to labor
finders or daily work daily pay and go to work and put the money towards
a vet

Like the real people in the world time to go to work

"Helen" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Better be careful with your accusations. Slandering someone can get
> your ass sued.
>
> You don't know the whole story of my cat's behaviour or health...you
> only know what I posted, and much of it was dramatized in order to get
> an immediate response from the forum. My cat was stressed out because
> he was constipated. He was less active than usual. That was the
> extent of his illness. And his efficient little body was getting rid
> of whatever didn't agree with him. His eyes and nose had no discharge,
> nor was he wasn't crying or meowing in pain. He didn't feel like
> eating for a few days, and now he is.
>
> Again, get off my thread and stop with your spitting. You make me
> sick.
>
> Matthew wrote:
>> Ohh feel better now
>>
>> Oh your true self revealed Your [email protected]**** has been brought out
>>
>> You used my info to respond you stupid animal abuser
>>
>> Welcome to the world of the internet Animal abusers are the targets of
>> animal lovers so we will never leave the likes of you alone
>> You have been targeted ANIMAL ABUSER and admitted it for all the world to
>> see that you are an animal abuser
>>
>> Don't like the truth than STFU ANIMAL ABUSER
>>

>> Time for some coffee and go read the comics need a good laugh instead
>> of
>> seeing your animal abusing post
>>

>> "Helen" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> > Get out of my thread, you ignoramus. I WAS RESPONDING TO JOHN, LETTING
>> > HIM KNOW MY CAT LUXOR IS JUST FINE NOW.
>> >
>> > Screw you and your judgements.
>> >
>> No thank you I would not want to be hurt and not have you call
>> someone
>> to help me If I need medical treatment
>>
>> Grew up

Wendy
July 27th 06, 11:55 AM
I should have known that nobody could be as stupid as you appeared in the
original post and still live. Guess we've got ourselves a troll.

"Helen" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Better be careful with your accusations. Slandering someone can get
> your ass sued.
>
> You don't know the whole story of my cat's behaviour or health...you
> only know what I posted, and much of it was dramatized in order to get
> an immediate response from the forum. My cat was stressed out because
> he was constipated. He was less active than usual. That was the
> extent of his illness. And his efficient little body was getting rid
> of whatever didn't agree with him. His eyes and nose had no discharge,
> nor was he wasn't crying or meowing in pain. He didn't feel like
> eating for a few days, and now he is.
>
> Again, get off my thread and stop with your spitting. You make me
> sick.
>
> Matthew wrote:
>> Ohh feel better now
>>
>> Oh your true self revealed Your [email protected]**** has been brought out
>>
>> You used my info to respond you stupid animal abuser
>>
>> Welcome to the world of the internet Animal abusers are the targets of
>> animal lovers so we will never leave the likes of you alone
>> You have been targeted ANIMAL ABUSER and admitted it for all the world to
>> see that you are an animal abuser
>>
>> Don't like the truth than STFU ANIMAL ABUSER
>>

>> Time for some coffee and go read the comics need a good laugh instead
>> of
>> seeing your animal abusing post
>>

>> "Helen" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> > Get out of my thread, you ignoramus. I WAS RESPONDING TO JOHN, LETTING
>> > HIM KNOW MY CAT LUXOR IS JUST FINE NOW.
>> >
>> > Screw you and your judgements.
>> >
>> No thank you I would not want to be hurt and not have you call
>> someone
>> to help me If I need medical treatment
>>
>> Grew up

Sandra Loosemore
July 27th 06, 02:42 PM
"Matthew" > writes:

> "Sandra Loosemore" >
>
> No offense since you just started posting here

No offense, but you might do a google search before you jump to the
conclusion that I "just started posting here". E.g., I was posting
here about my now-senior-citizen cat Slinky as far back as 1991.

-Sandra the old-timer

Matthew
July 27th 06, 04:23 PM
"Sandra Loosemore" > wrote in message
> "Matthew" > writes:
>
>> "Sandra Loosemore" >
>>
>> No offense since you just started posting here
>
> No offense, but you might do a google search before you jump to the
> conclusion that I "just started posting here". E.g., I was posting
> here about my now-senior-citizen cat Slinky as far back as 1991.
>
> -Sandra the old-timer

The conclusion was thru your email I will apologize if you used to post
here but since you have not posted in the last year the rest of the
post still pertains

Matthew
July 27th 06, 04:42 PM
Yeappie troll bashing 101 they reveal how they really are when
confronted with the truth. If there is a cat for real I truly feel sorry
for it with a low life like that for an owner Poor Kitty

"Wendy" > wrote in message
>I should have known that nobody could be as stupid as you appeared in the
>original post and still live. Guess we've got ourselves a troll.
>

> "Helen" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Better be careful with your accusations. Slandering someone can get
>> your ass sued.
>>
>> You don't know the whole story of my cat's behaviour or health...you
>> only know what I posted, and much of it was dramatized in order to get
>> an immediate response from the forum. My cat was stressed out because
>> he was constipated. He was less active than usual. That was the
>> extent of his illness. And his efficient little body was getting rid
>> of whatever didn't agree with him. His eyes and nose had no discharge,
>> nor was he wasn't crying or meowing in pain. He didn't feel like
>> eating for a few days, and now he is.
>>
>> Again, get off my thread and stop with your spitting. You make me
>> sick.
>>
>> Matthew wrote:
>>> Ohh feel better now
>>>
>>> Oh your true self revealed Your [email protected]**** has been brought out
>>>
>>> You used my info to respond you stupid animal abuser
>>>
>>> Welcome to the world of the internet Animal abusers are the targets of
>>> animal lovers so we will never leave the likes of you alone
>>> You have been targeted ANIMAL ABUSER and admitted it for all the world
>>> see that you are an animal abuser
>>>
>>> Don't like the truth than STFU ANIMAL ABUSER
>>>

>>> Time for some coffee and go read the comics need a good laugh instead
>>> of
>>> seeing your animal abusing post
>>>

>>> "Helen" > wrote in message
>>> oups.com...

>>> No thank you I would not want to be hurt and not have you call
>>> someone
>>> to help me If I need medical treatment
>>>
>>> Grew up

cybercat
July 27th 06, 06:11 PM
"John Kimmel" > wrote in message
> Helen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Our cat Luxor is two and a half years old, and is normally a very
> > healthy and
> > active (indoor) cat. (He's a Norweigan Forest mix, if that helps at
> > all.) Seven days ago, he had a bout of of very foul-smelling diarrhea,
> > and then for the past week, he has been throwing up a brown liquid.
> > Most troubling, he is not eating at all. He is rapidly becoming bony,
> > and is very depressed and listless - just curling up in a corner, not
> > moving when food is put out, or when my daughter moves toward him
> > (normally he would leap out of the way!). He is drinking a little,
> > though, thankfully. And I'm not sure if this is significant, but he
> > has stopped hard-pooping.
> >
> > What we are suspecting is that he ate some styrofoam padding we had in
> > the basement
> > recently...we see big chunks of it missing; however, it's not turning
> > up in
> > the vomit or his discharge. (?) Perhaps Luxor is not the brightest
> > kitty, but we really love him, and wonder what we can do to get him to
> > eat again, and to feel happy again.
> >
> > Thank you for any feedback. We'd like to hear if there's anything we
> > can do at home, because we can't afford vet bills right now. Please
> > respond A.S.A.P.!
> >
> > Helen

> You are probably not reading this, and with good reason.

So you condone the fact that she allowed her cat to suffer for
over a week?

I remember you now. I don't need a killfile, I have an internal
killfile. It is called self control. You are an ass.

cybercat
July 27th 06, 06:12 PM
"Matthew" > wrote in message

> "Helen" > wrote in message
>
> I smell a troll

Let's just say "asshole," shall we?

cybercat
July 27th 06, 06:12 PM
"Helen" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Come again, Matthew? Come again?

I don't think he is interested.

> Matthew wrote:
> > "Helen" > wrote in message
> >
> > I smell a troll

cybercat
July 27th 06, 06:13 PM
"Helen" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Get out of my thread, you ignoramus. I WAS RESPONDING TO JOHN, LETTING
> HIM KNOW MY CAT LUXOR IS JUST FINE NOW.
>
> Screw you and your judgements.

There's just nothing quite like someone who is undeniably wrong and cruel on
top of it doing the self righteous thing.

cybercat
July 27th 06, 06:14 PM
"Wendy" > wrote in message

> [...]
worth
> > out of the $1000 I did spend, but mainly I feel bad because I miss my
cat.
> > If I hadn't spent the $1000, I probably wouldn't feel any worse.
> >
> > The only desperate measure that I would try if I were in your situation
> > (which may help and probably won't hurt) would be to massage or palpate
> > his abdomen, try and feel for the blockage and help it along.
> >
> > While my cat was dying, I was able to calm him and ease his pain just by
> > holding him in my lap and stroking him.
> >
> > Be with your cat, hold him, tell him you love him.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > --
> > John Kimmel
> >
> > remove x
> >
> > Laughter. Tears. Curtain.
>
> So your advise is to hold the cat why it dies slowly?

Can you even believe this ass?? And come on, how much could the vet visit
cost? We know the bitch has a computer, she could have hocked that to save
her cat suffering.

cybercat
July 27th 06, 06:16 PM
"Helen" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Better be careful with your accusations. Slandering someone can get
> your ass sued.

It's libel in print, idiot.

> You don't know the whole story of my cat's behaviour or health...you
> only know what I posted, and much of it was dramatized in order to get
> an immediate response from the forum. My cat was stressed out because
> he was constipated. He was less active than usual. That was the
> extent of his illness. And his efficient little body was getting rid
> of whatever didn't agree with him. His eyes and nose had no discharge,
> nor was he wasn't crying or meowing in pain. He didn't feel like
> eating for a few days, and now he is.
>
> Again, get off my thread and stop with your spitting. You make me
> sick.

Well, it's good to know that one positive thing has come of this.
Now if I could just figure out where in Toronto you are, I could
alert animal cruelty.

-L.
July 27th 06, 06:49 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "Helen" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Get out of my thread, you ignoramus. I WAS RESPONDING TO JOHN, LETTING
> > HIM KNOW MY CAT LUXOR IS JUST FINE NOW.
> >
> > Screw you and your judgements.
> >

> There's just nothing quite like someone who is undeniably wrong and cruel on
> top of it doing the self righteous thing.

Don't forget "liar" - she admits she embellished the story for impact.
What an ass.

-L.

cybercat
July 27th 06, 07:08 PM
"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
> > "Helen" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > > Get out of my thread, you ignoramus. I WAS RESPONDING TO JOHN,
LETTING
> > > HIM KNOW MY CAT LUXOR IS JUST FINE NOW.
> > >
> > > Screw you and your judgements.
> > >

> > There's just nothing quite like someone who is undeniably wrong and
cruel on
> > top of it doing the self righteous thing.
>
> Don't forget "liar" - she admits she embellished the story for impact.
> What an ass.

The real question is, what is she lying about? Is she lying about lying?

And there you have the problem with taking anything liars say seriously.

It's a philosophical dilemma.