PDA

View Full Version : Wiggle worms

cybercat
July 26th 06, 04:21 PM
I feed the cats in the kitchen, probably like most of you.

Due to their different personalities, one stands and stares at me and (I
think) cusses me in cat language for taking so long. The other rolls over
and over on the floor, and does this weird and very cute thing where she
inches forward appearing to use nothing but her spine. So she is moving side
to side AND forward and turning on her backbone like is is an axis.

That was a really bad description, but honestly I have never seen a cat do
this "wiggle worm" thing before.

Anybody else have a wiggle worm cat?

Buddy
July 26th 06, 07:32 PM
My male Maine Coon does that all the time! Too cute!

cybercat wrote:
> I feed the cats in the kitchen, probably like most of you.
>
> Due to their different personalities, one stands and stares at me and (I
> think) cusses me in cat language for taking so long. The other rolls over
> and over on the floor, and does this weird and very cute thing where she
> inches forward appearing to use nothing but her spine. So she is moving side
> to side AND forward and turning on her backbone like is is an axis.
>
> That was a really bad description, but honestly I have never seen a cat do
> this "wiggle worm" thing before.
>
> Anybody else have a wiggle worm cat?

John Ross Mc Master
July 26th 06, 11:12 PM
On 26 Jul 2006 17:21:58 +0200, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>I feed the cats in the kitchen, probably like most of you.
>
>Due to their different personalities, one stands and stares at me and (I
>think) cusses me in cat language for taking so long. The other rolls over
>and over on the floor, and does this weird and very cute thing where she
>inches forward appearing to use nothing but her spine. So she is moving side
>to side AND forward and turning on her backbone like is is an axis.
>
>That was a really bad description, but honestly I have never seen a cat do
>this "wiggle worm" thing before.
>
>Anybody else have a wiggle worm cat?

My Cinder does this all the time. I think it's a residual behavior
from early kittenhood where they squirm towards a teat to nurse.

cybercat
July 27th 06, 12:42 AM
> wrote >
> I do. He does what you describe on carpet, though....usually at the
> front door so then I have to vacuum!

In fact, my kitchen is carpeted. (Weird, I know, it was there when we
moved in.)

>it's not just a meal time -- it's anytime Aiya deems appropriate.

So Aiya feels good about life in general, lol!

cybercat
July 27th 06, 12:43 AM
"Buddy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My male Maine Coon does that all the time! Too cute!

Now that must be a big wiggle worm!

Charlie Wilkes
July 27th 06, 05:11 AM
wrote:

>I feed the cats in the kitchen, probably like most of you.
>
>Due to their different personalities, one stands and stares at me and (I
>think) cusses me in cat language for taking so long. The other rolls over
>and over on the floor, and does this weird and very cute thing where she
>inches forward appearing to use nothing but her spine. So she is moving side
>to side AND forward and turning on her backbone like is is an axis.
>
>That was a really bad description, but honestly I have never seen a cat do
>this "wiggle worm" thing before.
>
>Anybody else have a wiggle worm cat?

I would say Tweaker does something similar, although not when it's
feeding time. Sometimes I sit down on the floor to play with him, and
he rolls on his back and slithers toward me while batting at my hand.

Charlie

angel
July 27th 06, 08:00 AM
cybercat wrote:

> Anybody else have a wiggle worm cat?

Jupiter does it, but not at feeding time

she lays on her side and pulls herself across the carpet for fun

it's cute too... slide.... slide...

she sneaks up on lucy like this.. them two really fight well together
lucy used to shun jupiter, but after six months of this place, she
can't
get enough of Jupiter

cybercat
July 27th 06, 06:08 PM
"angel" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> cybercat wrote:
>
> > Anybody else have a wiggle worm cat?
>
> Jupiter does it, but not at feeding time
>
> she lays on her side and pulls herself across the carpet for fun
>
> it's cute too... slide.... slide...
>
> she sneaks up on lucy like this.. them two really fight well together
> lucy used to shun jupiter, but after six months of this place, she
> can't
> get enough of Jupiter

That is so neat, especially since Lucy was abandoned at her age
by her previous humans. She is a lucky cat and she knows it.
Jupiter on the other hand is spoiled rotten! She's never known
anything else1

Denise Clere
July 31st 06, 10:22 AM
Maggie does this when she wants to play.