PDA

View Full Version : Aggression towards new cat

Fonzie
July 27th 06, 04:14 AM
One of our cats (a Male)dies suddenly and to help us move on and grieve the
loss we went to the humane socity and got a new cat. One of our other cats
has done nothing but growl , hiss and chase the new cat who is also a male.
he is a docile cat and just wont stand up to her behavior. I at least want
our cats to tolerate one another. Our other cat will not come out of our
spare bedroom. What can we do to get the cats to atleast tolerate each other
or stop this behavior all together? please help. I am aheartbroken that this
is happening.

blkcatgal
July 27th 06, 04:35 AM
You need to introduce the new cat to your other cats slowly. Do a google
search on cat introductions and you should find a number of sites that give
good info on how to introduce a new cat to the other cats.

Sue
"Fonzie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> One of our cats (a Male)dies suddenly and to help us move on and grieve
> the
> loss we went to the humane socity and got a new cat. One of our other cats
> has done nothing but growl , hiss and chase the new cat who is also a
> male.
> he is a docile cat and just wont stand up to her behavior. I at least want
> our cats to tolerate one another. Our other cat will not come out of our
> spare bedroom. What can we do to get the cats to atleast tolerate each
> other
> or stop this behavior all together? please help. I am aheartbroken that
> this
> is happening.

July 28th 06, 03:57 AM
Ditto the above response, it can take months.

Homer J. Fong
August 12th 06, 03:25 AM
I've found that it helps if you feed them together (in the same room)
but from different dishes. I give my 3 (now 4 -- got a stray kitten
today) guys canned food every day @6pm, and when I added cat #3 5 years
ago, I fed the new guy from a different dish, then moved it closer to
the others every day.

-HJF