PDA

View Full Version : hi,. my cats in labor

katt
July 28th 06, 03:31 AM
i could use some tips... its my first time with a pregnant cat in
labor she has had show but still no babies any idea on a time frame or
wat to expect next, she has her choice on 2 beds to use if she chooses
either...we would appreciate any tips

angel
July 28th 06, 03:37 AM
katt wrote:
> i could use some tips... its my first time with a pregnant cat in
> labor she has had show but still no babies any idea on a time frame or
> wat to expect next, she has her choice on 2 beds to use if she chooses
> either...we would appreciate any tips

lol

relax, go to a movie

send pics

she'll be more than fine

this is too funny of you

send pics!

Matthew
July 28th 06, 03:41 AM
I wish I could help you Katt all I can do is offer purrs and prayers for
you and the little ones and a good luck

"katt" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>i could use some tips... its my first time with a pregnant cat in
> labor she has had show but still no babies any idea on a time frame or
> wat to expect next, she has her choice on 2 beds to use if she chooses
> either...we would appreciate any tips

angel
July 28th 06, 03:45 AM
Matthew wrote:
> I wish I could help you Katt all I can do is offer purrs and prayers for
> you and the little ones and a good luck

what would you do?

put the cat on your lap and try to fart?

Matthew
July 28th 06, 03:47 AM
"angel" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>> I wish I could help you Katt all I can do is offer purrs and prayers
>> for
>> you and the little ones and a good luck
>>

> what would you do?
>
> put the cat on your lap and try to fart?

Behave Barry this one actually loves and cares for her furball and is
willing to listen

and plus that would kill any living thing with in 5 feet or so the DW says
;-)

angel
July 28th 06, 03:52 AM
Matthew wrote:
> Behave Barry this one actually loves and cares for her furball and is
> willing to listen
>
> and plus that would kill any living thing with in 5 feet or so the DW says
> ;-)

i said send pics! im excited to...

besides..

you jumped me, and I never said I was with anyone shopping for cologne

YOU ASSUMED!!!

BUT as always, i suffer for being honest

hmmmm, when will my heart rest Matt WHEN DAMMIT WHEN!?

katt
July 28th 06, 03:53 AM
angel wrote:

> lol
>
> relax, go to a movie
>
> send pics
>
> she'll be more than fine
>
> this is too funny of you
>
> send pics!

lol okies guess i am a lil too much like the blushing nanny lol will
send pics

Matthew
July 28th 06, 03:55 AM
"angel" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>> Behave Barry this one actually loves and cares for her furball and is
>> willing to listen
>>
>> and plus that would kill any living thing with in 5 feet or so the DW
>> says
>> ;-)
>
> i said send pics! im excited to...
>
> besides..
>
> you jumped me, and I never said I was with anyone shopping for cologne
>
> YOU ASSUMED!!!
>
> BUT as always, i suffer for being honest
>
> hmmmm, when will my heart rest Matt WHEN DAMMIT WHEN!?

The day the hooters girls walk in and say they are there to stay and need a
man to take care of ?

angel
July 28th 06, 04:10 AM
Matthew wrote:

> The day the hooters girls walk in and say they are there to stay and need a
> man to take care of ?

good God! you're not happy till it's an all out trailer park trash
style fight are you

<pulling my hair out>

A PLACE OF EMOTIONAL FAMILIARITY

ONE BIG PACIFIER IN YOUR MOUTH

I can't take no more

you don't make enough money for all this crap

Matthew
July 28th 06, 04:17 AM
"angel" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Matthew wrote:
>
>> The day the hooters girls walk in and say they are there to stay and need
>> man to take care of ?
>
> good God! you're not happy till it's an all out trailer park trash
> style fight are you
>
> <pulling my hair out>
>
> A PLACE OF EMOTIONAL FAMILIARITY
>
> ONE BIG PACIFIER IN YOUR MOUTH
>
> I can't take no more
>
> you don't make enough money for all this crap

I love you too Barry ;-D

angel
July 28th 06, 04:19 AM
Matthew wrote:

> I love you too Barry ;-D

so you don't really love Ramone?

Matthew
July 28th 06, 04:28 AM
Katt check out Phil site it has some info on caring for newborns kittens
http://www.maxshouse.com/kitten_care.htm#Newborn%20Kittens

"katt" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>i could use some tips... its my first time with a pregnant cat in
> labor she has had show but still no babies any idea on a time frame or
> wat to expect next, she has her choice on 2 beds to use if she chooses
> either...we would appreciate any tips

Toni
July 28th 06, 04:31 AM
"katt" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>i could use some tips... its my first time with a pregnant cat in
> labor she has had show but still no babies any idea on a time frame or
> wat to expect next, she has her choice on 2 beds to use if she chooses
> either...we would appreciate any tips

I know that this is absolutely no help at all, but why on earth did you wait
until now to look into what to expect?
I'd a been researching my ass off for weeks.

http://www.persiancats4u.co.za/catbirthaid.htm
http://www.2ndchance.info/felinelabor.htm

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/kitties.htm

katt
July 28th 06, 10:45 AM
Toni wrote:

> I know that this is absolutely no help at all, but why on earth did you wait
> until now to look into what to expect?
> I'd a been researching my ass off for weeks.
>
> http://www.persiancats4u.co.za/catbirthaid.htm
> http://www.2ndchance.info/felinelabor.htm
>

> --
> Toni
> http://www.cearbhaill.com/kitties.htm
we didnt know she was preg , we were still waiting 4 her first heat
,,,,, still no signs of babies and she is up a lil more this morning
thank you

Wendy
July 28th 06, 11:56 AM
I can't say I've had much luck predicting when my pregnant fosters were
going to have their kittens. The one common thing was once the milk came in
the kittens were born within a day or so.

At this point you should start changing her over to kitten food and be sure
to give her canned food not just dry. She needs the extra calories and
fluids for milk production. Make sure she has a place out of the way where
she won't be disturbed to care for her babies. If she doesn't like where
you've set her up she will move them to a place of her choosing.

Once the kittens start coming you might want to keep an eye on her as this
is her first litter (and hopefully last). It could take a while without
there being a problem but make sure that she is taking care of her kittens
and herself between delivering them. She needs to remove the sack from the
newborn kittens' face pretty promptly after it's born or it won't be able to
breath and will die. If she doesn't do this, you should by gently grabbing
the membrane and pulling. It will tear easily. If she seems to be taking
care of business herself then leave her to her own devices.

If there is more than 4 hours between kittens and she seems to be trying to
have them, call the vet. If you see a LOT of discharge from her vagina and
no kitten is forthcoming, call the vet. If she doesn't clean herself up, you
can see contractions for a while and no kitten appears, call the vet. It's
better to have a rep at the vets of being a nervous nelly than to wait and
have a problem.

More than likely things will be fine.

Here's a link with more details. They discuss dislodging a stuck kitten. I
would hesitate to do that without calling the vet first.
http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/breeding.html

"katt" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>i could use some tips... its my first time with a pregnant cat in
> labor she has had show but still no babies any idea on a time frame or
> wat to expect next, she has her choice on 2 beds to use if she chooses
> either...we would appreciate any tips

katt
July 28th 06, 01:47 PM
thanks wendy, i think u have put me more at ease , she did loose some
discharg around suppertime yesterday vet said it could still take
sometime for her to deliver .... but the longer she seems to take the
more i worry...she is a super fluffy cat n im unsure wat her
contractions should look like, she seems to be breathing a lil faster
seen a ripple down her back today n she seems to want to be close to
me ... is the ripple a contraction? gonna be calling vet soon again
even tho they will b saying to let her be .... thanks again wendy

katt
July 28th 06, 09:19 PM
still nothing......sigh

angel
July 28th 06, 09:46 PM
--
katt wrote:
> still nothing......sigh

aaawww...

hang in there, get that camera ready

would be really cool if you could video the thing
and post a video of a kitten being born
but that can be time consuming encoding video, uploading it etc..

but! more and more and more women are super high-tech minded
where'as it used to be the men were gadget freaks, now women are gadget
freaks

I think it great

katt
July 28th 06, 11:39 PM
hubby has our digital video camera but i have our digital camera here
so gonna get pics ....hopefully soon......

katt
July 29th 06, 04:50 AM
nothing yet will keep posting .....she is extremely lovable right now
and normally a very to her self cat ,hopeing i see babies soon

Wendy
July 29th 06, 09:28 AM
Relax. It will start when it starts. I had one of my pregnant moms to the
vet to be FIV FeLV tested and they told me she was about to explode. Well,
she didn't deliver for another week and a half. She looked huge because she
had a litter of seven in there not because she was that close to delivering.
Of course I waited impatiently for the whole time because the vet said she'd
go soon. lol

Another one of the pregnant moms was in labor when the volunteers picked her
up from under a parked car. Her labor stopped and she didn't deliver for two
days. Mom and all babies doing just fine now of course but that was another
long weekend.

I fostered three this spring who were pregnant when I got them and all did
fine. I'm sure you're girl will too.

"katt" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> thanks wendy, i think u have put me more at ease , she did loose some
> discharg around suppertime yesterday vet said it could still take
> sometime for her to deliver .... but the longer she seems to take the
> more i worry...she is a super fluffy cat n im unsure wat her
> contractions should look like, she seems to be breathing a lil faster
> seen a ripple down her back today n she seems to want to be close to
> me ... is the ripple a contraction? gonna be calling vet soon again
> even tho they will b saying to let her be .... thanks again wendy

katt
July 29th 06, 03:54 PM
hi thx between u n the many calls to the vet hehe lol.. im finally
starting to relax, yesterday afternoon i took her to the first place
she hid my sons room to relax and have some quiet as i have kids 7 5 n
2 .... now when i check on her i recieve more love from her then i ever
knew she had in her,there has been no straining yet not even any
noticeable contractions,so now im at ease ,only time and patience is
neededfor now

angel
July 29th 06, 05:04 PM
katt wrote:
> hi thx between u n the many calls to the vet hehe lol.. im finally
> starting to relax, yesterday afternoon i took her to the first place
> she hid my sons room to relax and have some quiet as i have kids 7 5 n
> 2 .... now when i check on her i recieve more love from her then i ever
> knew she had in her,there has been no straining yet not even any
> noticeable contractions,so now im at ease ,only time and patience is
> neededfor now

yeah, if you frequent her, that could rub off on mamma cat
she'll pick up on your anticipation

you're putting pressure on her to perfom, and we all know that could
lead to
poor or NO performance

:)

if mamma feels bad it's going to rub off on the babies, and they will
grow up carrying a false sense of inadequecy towards something they
can't even put their finger on..
a sense of guilt... happens all the time, its not a pretty site

hehehe

katt
July 31st 06, 04:02 AM
hi , its me again , just writing a message so that you all know that
she has not had the kittens yet and the vet wants me to continue to
keep her in my sons room upstairs so she can be in the quiet , she
malls me evrytime i see herand again she is not an affectionate cat
will continue to keep you all informed wish me luck
thanks

angel
July 31st 06, 06:37 AM
katt wrote:
> she
> malls me evrytime i see herand again she is not an affectionate cat
> will continue to keep you all informed wish me luck
> thanks

you mean she tries to scratch you, or get you with a flurry of swings?
wow

I had a difficult cat, I still have her, but now she sleeps at my feet
and is suuuuper sweet. mine wasn't aggressive though, just scared

she just had to come to trust me.

prolly best to avoid eye contact when you are having to be close to her
to water and feed her... this way, she may not see you as a threat
she'll warm up...

so she's content to hole up in your sons room hey...
I reckon she knows she is close to giving birth
she'll do her thing soon enough I reckon

yes, keep us posted...

katt
July 31st 06, 10:37 AM
no , i meant normally she is not an affectionate cat not a mean one but
one that lets you pet her but only for a min and then she is on her way
, wont sit on the couch with you for the life of her kinda cat lol
never a mean cat just very much wants to do her own thing but for the
last few days she cant seem to get enough of me , when i go to check on
her or bring her water n food she is sooooo loveable that i can barely
move , which is great and from wat vet says is part of her pregnancy,
yes she seems very content in his room , i gave my room to my son so
that she can have the quiet of being up there in his room , i chose his
room cause that is where i found her when she did her hiding thing, and
because i have kids 7 , 5 n 2 the vet recommended i seclude her so she
will not become nervous plus i also babysit a 9 n 7 yr old so she is
best upstirs away from the traffic , im hoping that she progresses
along here soon so i can have my bed back but i'm glad to part with it
for her , anyways no kittens as of this morning ,,, i figured she would
have had them by now because of the show she had on friday evening but
when i tried to figure her due date i did estimate the end of the first
week of aug , and vet eased me when he said she could still take that
long even with the show , which im happy about because i was beginning
to worry that something was wrong he said aslong as she is not
straining we are ok , so still waiting , let yas know any updates :)
thanks again all of yas for being here :)

Buddy
July 31st 06, 11:00 AM
I have never had a cat in labor - but-this is just a thought. You keep
saying how lovey she is and she is only 8 1/2 months old. Do you
suppose she is in heat and not in labor????? Just a thought.

katt wrote:
> hi , its me again , just writing a message so that you all know that
> she has not had the kittens yet and the vet wants me to continue to
> keep her in my sons room upstairs so she can be in the quiet , she
> malls me evrytime i see herand again she is not an affectionate cat
> will continue to keep you all informed wish me luck
> thanks

katt
July 31st 06, 11:14 AM
Buddy wrote:
> I have never had a cat in labor - but-this is just a thought. You keep
> saying how lovey she is and she is only 8 1/2 months old. Do you
> suppose she is in heat and not in labor????? Just a thought.

i mean she very well could be , im only going by what the vet told me
me when i called them thinking she was sick i told them what was going
on with her ( hiding, not really eating , but drinking, sleeping and
just resting all the time not wanting to get up when i called her , and
having a mucus show ) they told me she was in labour i had a previous
post b4 this one where i was looking for wat could have been wrong with
her , but only time will tell) im trusting the vet on this one

angel
July 31st 06, 12:37 PM
katt wrote:

> i mean she very well could be < pregnant>

is her belly getting bigger?

yaaaaaaaaaaaawn

lol

katt
July 31st 06, 01:05 PM
yea her belly is getting bigger its hard to see tho she is an extremely
fluffy cat but when you touch her belly its like its got kittens on the
side i have not been permitted to touch her belly long enough to know
if anything is moving in there and her belly is hanging lower now , i
meant up there that the way she is acting that she could very well be
in heat but that only because of how loveable she is being but she is
not sticking her butt up at ya or anything lol , so to me its not in
heat all other cats i had totally wanted to have their backside petted
when they were in heat fluffy wants her head n neck petted