PDA

View Full Version : About my Cat Buster.


Shell1165
July 28th 06, 04:13 AM
Buster is about two years old, He seems healthy. But the pass couple of weeks
he started losing weight. and don't eat as much as he used to. what can I do
to help him. Please help my Kitty.

Matthew
July 28th 06, 04:26 AM
"Shell1165" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Buster is about two years old, He seems healthy. But the pass couple of
> weeks
> he started losing weight. and don't eat as much as he used to. what can I
> do
> to help him. Please help my Kitty.
>

First a vet visit is required when a furball suddenly starts losing weight
for no reason. Just like a human it is a major sign of something wrong.
Cats are notorious for hiding problems.

Have you noticed any problems in the litter box or if the cat is starting
to drink more?

This is a quote from Phil site
http://www.maxshouse.com/PreventativeHealth.htm

Weight loss
This sign often goes unnoticed, especially in longhaired cats. Owners who
regularly groom their cats may notice the ribs and backbone becoming more
prominent. Those who regularly weigh their cats are sure to see a change. A
sudden loss of one pound in a cat that normally weighs ten pounds is cause
for concern. Subtle weight gains and losses are difficult to notice in a
cat you see every day - especially in long-haired cats. Sudden weight loss
is almost always a certain sign of water loss and dehydration which are
early symptons of feline diabetes and chronic renal failure, especially if
the cat eats primarily dry food. A human pediatric scale is one of the best
investments you can make in your cat's health care program

Shell1165
July 28th 06, 04:43 AM
Matthew wrote:
>> Buster is about two years old, He seems healthy. But the pass couple of
>> weeks
>> he started losing weight. and don't eat as much as he used to. what can I
>> do
>> to help him. Please help my Kitty.
>
>First a vet visit is required when a furball suddenly starts losing weight
>for no reason. Just like a human it is a major sign of something wrong.
>Cats are notorious for hiding problems.
>
>Have you noticed any problems in the litter box or if the cat is starting
>to drink more?
>Buster is a outside cat, But he comes inside too. But I was just concerned.
>This is a quote from Phil site
>http://www.maxshouse.com/PreventativeHealth.htm
>
>Weight loss
>This sign often goes unnoticed, especially in longhaired cats. Owners who
>regularly groom their cats may notice the ribs and backbone becoming more
>prominent. Those who regularly weigh their cats are sure to see a change. A
>sudden loss of one pound in a cat that normally weighs ten pounds is cause
>for concern. Subtle weight gains and losses are difficult to notice in a
>cat you see every day - especially in long-haired cats. Sudden weight loss
>is almost always a certain sign of water loss and dehydration which are
>early symptons of feline diabetes and chronic renal failure, especially if
>the cat eats primarily dry food. A human pediatric scale is one of the best
>investments you can make in your cat's health care program

Matthew
July 28th 06, 04:49 AM
Ok being out side cat he can have been exposed to a parasite or a number of
other factors worms etc he could have a blockage or be having kidney
problems

If he is eating and not gaining weight but losing weight something is
wrong. If you can catch the furball a vet visit will rule out any
problems and piece of mind.

Definitely IMO a vet visit is necessary

"Shell1165" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Matthew wrote:
>>> Buster is about two years old, He seems healthy. But the pass couple of
>>> weeks
>>> he started losing weight. and don't eat as much as he used to. what can
>>> I
>>> do
>>> to help him. Please help my Kitty.
>>
>>First a vet visit is required when a furball suddenly starts losing
>>weight
>>for no reason. Just like a human it is a major sign of something wrong.
>>Cats are notorious for hiding problems.
>>
>>Have you noticed any problems in the litter box or if the cat is
>>starting
>>to drink more?
>>Buster is a outside cat, But he comes inside too. But I was just
>>concerned.
>>This is a quote from Phil site
>>http://www.maxshouse.com/PreventativeHealth.htm
>>
>>Weight loss
>>This sign often goes unnoticed, especially in longhaired cats. Owners who
>>regularly groom their cats may notice the ribs and backbone becoming more
>>prominent. Those who regularly weigh their cats are sure to see a change.
>>A
>>sudden loss of one pound in a cat that normally weighs ten pounds is cause
>>for concern. Subtle weight gains and losses are difficult to notice in a
>>cat you see every day - especially in long-haired cats. Sudden weight
>>loss
>>is almost always a certain sign of water loss and dehydration which are
>>early symptons of feline diabetes and chronic renal failure, especially if
>>the cat eats primarily dry food. A human pediatric scale is one of the
>>best
>>investments you can make in your cat's health care program
>