PDA

View Full Version : Questions Re: Food

sax_playa86
July 28th 06, 02:04 PM
Recently I was transfered by work for a month and a half up north.
Luckily, I was able to move in with family, and so my little Marziale
and I packed up and headed up. However, since coming her her appetite
seems to have dwindled significantly. She has already been to the vet
here (I am staying in my mother's basement appt rather than go
searching for a new appt for just a month and a half, and therefore was

able to go to the vet that we brought all our animals to growing up,
therefore I know and trust), and the vet said that she appears
prefectly healthy. I am still worried though, because she appears to be

only picking at her food. Back home she would eat this food like it was

going out of style, I know she likes it. Is it just that she isn't used

to the new surroundings? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to
encourage her to eat properly again? Please don't waste your time with
negative posts on here, as I said, she has already been to the vet, who

said that she was ok, she is eating, just not as much as she used to. I

am simply looking for positive advice to try to make my baby girl
happier.

Catlover Medway via CatKB.com
July 29th 06, 07:57 PM
There can definitely be a link between cats coping with a new environment and
inappetence. There is some advice here under "Helping your cat settle in",
such as spreading Marziale's scent and using pheremonatherapy. I have heard
however that the diffusers can take a month to work.

http://www.fabcats.org/moving.html
http://www.fabcats.org/behaviour_pheromonatherapy.html
http://www.fabcats.org/feeding.html