PDA

View Full Version : How long b4 they use new Cat Tree? HELP

ensoul
July 29th 06, 12:50 AM
no big pet stores around here, been comparing prices online...went to
petsmart...got one, very sturdy, has sisal which Moe & Rudy like....a
round tube, they can easliy fit into, then 2 shleves.....rubbed it down
well w/cat nip...all they've done is use for straching post (which they
all ready have), mind you they jump to the top of fridge and the top of
doors, this almost that tall but much sturdier.......I don't have large
income,

how long should it be, before they "take" to it? Or should just take
the thing back right away, before it get strached up? PetSmart is 70
miles away.

I have placed them on shelves, they rubbed and jumped and now have
nothing to do with it!!!

what do I do?

MaryL
July 29th 06, 02:14 AM
"ensoul" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> no big pet stores around here, been comparing prices online...went to
> petsmart...got one, very sturdy, has sisal which Moe & Rudy like....a
> round tube, they can easliy fit into, then 2 shleves.....rubbed it down
> well w/cat nip...all they've done is use for straching post (which they
> all ready have), mind you they jump to the top of fridge and the top of
> doors, this almost that tall but much sturdier.......I don't have large
> income,
>
> how long should it be, before they "take" to it? Or should just take
> the thing back right away, before it get strached up? PetSmart is 70
> miles away.
>
> I have placed them on shelves, they rubbed and jumped and now have
> nothing to do with it!!!
>

> what do I do?

Just leave them alone with it. It sometimes takes awile, but you will
probably find that they will eventually start using it. You may go into the
room some day and find that one or both are asleep on the shelves. Just
like toys, cats sometimes take to a cat tree immediately and other times
take awhile. The timing will suit them instead of you.

MaryL

Joe Canuck
July 29th 06, 05:10 AM
ensoul wrote:
> no big pet stores around here, been comparing prices online...went to
> petsmart...got one, very sturdy, has sisal which Moe & Rudy like....a
> round tube, they can easliy fit into, then 2 shleves.....rubbed it down
> well w/cat nip...all they've done is use for straching post (which they
> all ready have), mind you they jump to the top of fridge and the top of
> doors, this almost that tall but much sturdier.......I don't have large
> income,
>
> how long should it be, before they "take" to it? Or should just take
> the thing back right away, before it get strached up? PetSmart is 70
> miles away.
>
> I have placed them on shelves, they rubbed and jumped and now have
> nothing to do with it!!!
>

> what do I do?

One word... patience.

Matthew
July 29th 06, 09:46 AM
Cats are cats they will do what they want when they want. You can't force
them to use it

You can entice them with a little catnip but a cat is a cat they will
snub you in a heart beat
"ensoul" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> no big pet stores around here, been comparing prices online...went to
> petsmart...got one, very sturdy, has sisal which Moe & Rudy like....a
> round tube, they can easliy fit into, then 2 shleves.....rubbed it down
> well w/cat nip...all they've done is use for straching post (which they
> all ready have), mind you they jump to the top of fridge and the top of
> doors, this almost that tall but much sturdier.......I don't have large
> income,
>
> how long should it be, before they "take" to it? Or should just take
> the thing back right away, before it get strached up? PetSmart is 70
> miles away.
>
> I have placed them on shelves, they rubbed and jumped and now have
> nothing to do with it!!!
>

> what do I do?

Toni
July 29th 06, 11:38 AM
"ensoul" > wrote in message >

> what do I do?

Food on the top shelf?

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/kitties.htm

Charlie Wilkes
July 31st 06, 04:17 AM
On 28 Jul 2006 16:50:38 -0700, "ensoul" > wrote:

>no big pet stores around here, been comparing prices online...went to
>petsmart...got one, very sturdy, has sisal which Moe & Rudy like....a
>round tube, they can easliy fit into, then 2 shleves.....rubbed it down
>well w/cat nip...all they've done is use for straching post (which they
>all ready have), mind you they jump to the top of fridge and the top of
>doors, this almost that tall but much sturdier.......I don't have large
>income,
>
>how long should it be, before they "take" to it? Or should just take
>the thing back right away, before it get strached up? PetSmart is 70
>miles away.
>
>I have placed them on shelves, they rubbed and jumped and now have
>nothing to do with it!!!
>

>what do I do?

Return it if you can. You can make a nice one with 2x4s, carpet
scraps or manilla rope, and 16d nails. The only tools you need are a
hammer and handsaw. It will take you less than an hour even if you
have never built a damn thing.

It sounds like your cats would like one that has a long, flat shelf,
on which you can line up pill bottles with pennies in them.

Charlie