PDA

View Full Version : Hissing Tiger

---MIKE---
July 29th 06, 10:37 PM
Tiger hisses at just about anything. When he gets up on my lap (which
is often) he sometimes "nips" my arm. This afternoon, when he got up, I
said "don't bite me" and he hissed (but he didn't nip). If I
accidentally bump him with my leg, he hisses. I've given up trying to
figure what he means by it.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Catlover Medway via CatKB.com
July 29th 06, 11:12 PM
Has he been hand-reared, Mike? Hand-reared kittens don't learn how to deal
with frustration as well. There is a possibility he may be injured or in pain,
so I'd always recommend a vet check.

Couple of links.

http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/aggression.html
http://www.fabcats.org/nervous-aggression.html
http://wizz-catz.co.uk/aggression.html

---MIKE--- wrote:
>Tiger hisses at just about anything. When he gets up on my lap (which
>is often) he sometimes "nips" my arm. This afternoon, when he got up, I
>said "don't bite me" and he hissed (but he didn't nip). If I
>accidentally bump him with my leg, he hisses. I've given up trying to
>figure what he means by it.
>
> ---MIKE---
>>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
> >> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

July 30th 06, 12:18 AM
"Catlover Medway via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>There is a possibility he may be injured or in pain,
> so I'd always recommend a vet check.

Absolutely. He is not hissing for no reason at all.