PDA

View Full Version : cat bullying

July 31st 06, 03:14 PM
Hello all, I am new here and really need help with my cat. I have 3
cats, they have always lived together for 5 years now. 2 of them are
buds and 1 has always been the loner. about a month ago the 2 started
bullying the 1 making an already nervous cat a real mess. She cant use
her litter box, there are 4 boxes in the basement. they wont let her
eat. she has hidden under my bed upstairs for a month now and even
though I feed her under the bed, I refuse to put litter boxes in my
room. she has started to go on the furniture. she peed on an antique
chair in our dining room and it is ruined. I took the chair out and
put a litter box there temporarily but obviously I can't have a litter
box in my dining room. I need to find a home for her where there are
no other cats. Any ideas on the best way to find a home? shes so
miserable at my house and I can't stand to see her so unhappy!

Kraut
July 31st 06, 04:41 PM
>Hello all, I am new here and really need help with my cat. I have 3
>cats, they have always lived together for 5 years now. 2 of them are
>buds and 1 has always been the loner. about a month ago the 2 started
>bullying the 1 making an already nervous cat a real mess. She cant use
>her litter box, there are 4 boxes in the basement. they wont let her
>eat. she has hidden under my bed upstairs for a month now and even
>though I feed her under the bed, I refuse to put litter boxes in my
>room. she has started to go on the furniture. she peed on an antique
>chair in our dining room and it is ruined. I took the chair out and
>put a litter box there temporarily but obviously I can't have a litter
>box in my dining room. I need to find a home for her where there are
>no other cats. Any ideas on the best way to find a home? shes so
>miserable at my house and I can't stand to see her so unhappy!

Sounds almost like my place to a letter except I have 3 bullies.

Kitty is 15 / 16 years and likes to be left alone but the other three
are all about 3 and kind of like kids that pick on the loner kids
everytime Kitty comes out of the bedroom and they see her they are
after her.

I feed her in my bedroom and keep water there but I do not want to put
a litter box in there. I already have 3 in other parts of house plus
if I did that she might never come out of HER bedroom. She does
venture out at night when the others are sleeping. When I first got
her (She was my first) she used to lay on my lap or sofa by me. Now
she can not because the other will not leave her alone.

In the morning she will wake me by biting on my hand and want me up to
clean liiter box and stand guard while see uses litter box (For real)
or she will hurry accross living room to set between my feet when I am
watching TV because she knows I will not let the other picks on her
and the others have learned that when I am there to leave her be but
if they think I am busy or not watching they are like a pack of
whatever after her. They will hide behind things and wait for her to
go by and ponce on her or even just reach out and hit at her.

I have tryed noise, squirt bottle, getting up and chasing them, ETC to
no avail. At times I have to walk Kitty back to the bedroom. But
once in there she will chase them back out if they bother her. It is
HER territory.

They all got along fine until I took in Sam (who is the only male) and
he thinks he is the boss. He will not let anyone groom him or lay my
him or bother him but he grooms the others and every chance he gets he
will attack them and grab / bite their neck. If not for him they
would all be one happy family but they picked up his habit of picking
on Kitty.

I love Sam and will not get rid of him although I keep threatening to
make a fur hat out of him !! :-)

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

cybercat
July 31st 06, 05:36 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello all, I am new here and really need help with my cat. I have 3
> cats, they have always lived together for 5 years now. 2 of them are
> buds and 1 has always been the loner. about a month ago the 2 started
> bullying the 1 making an already nervous cat a real mess. She cant use
> her litter box, there are 4 boxes in the basement. they wont let her
> eat. she has hidden under my bed upstairs for a month now and even
> though I feed her under the bed, I refuse to put litter boxes in my
> room. she has started to go on the furniture.

Never get into a ****ing match with a cat, they always win. I have a box in
my room. I keep it clean, there is no problem. And, I can shut my cat in
there with me at night, to be sure she is not doing acrobatics all over the
house and busting things up.