PDA

View Full Version : yikes !

Denise Clere
July 31st 06, 04:18 PM
ok,this is weird, i let Oreo in about 3 am this morn to eat,that's normal ,
i noticed a whitish patch about an inch long & almost as wide on his back
just below his shoulderblades, i thought "well he just got into some paint
somewhere,i'll try to remove it later, well, as i was bending down to look
at it, i said "good grief!' his fur looked (& felt) as if it had been
shaved off !!!!! it was smooth,not bloody or ragged looking,but looked
slightly irritated. could he have gotten caught on something that did that,
or did someone pin my baby down & shave him ???!!??? that's the only spot i
found but it's got me worried that it could happen again,i just let him back
outside a couple hr. ago,he's so used to coming & going as he pleases it's
hard to keep him in,he starts crying & scratching on the door if i do'nt let
him out!

cybercat
July 31st 06, 05:35 PM
"Denise Clere" > wrote in message
.. .
> ok,this is weird, i let Oreo in about 3 am this morn to eat,that's normal
,
> i noticed a whitish patch about an inch long & almost as wide on his back
> just below his shoulderblades, i thought "well he just got into some paint
> somewhere,i'll try to remove it later, well, as i was bending down to look
> at it, i said "good grief!' his fur looked (& felt) as if it had been
> shaved off !!!!! it was smooth,not bloody or ragged looking,but looked
> slightly irritated. could he have gotten caught on something that did
that,
> or did someone pin my baby down & shave him ???!!??? that's the only spot
> found but it's got me worried that it could happen again,i just let him
back
> outside a couple hr. ago,he's so used to coming & going as he pleases
it's
> hard to keep him in,he starts crying & scratching on the door if i do'nt
let
> him out!

Anything can happen when you let your cat outside. Put up with the crying
and scratching and train him to stay in until you can afford to put up
catproof
fencing in your back yard or something similar. That is, if it would upset
you
to find him mauled by dogs or hung by some cat-hating freak or worse. Also,
someone could just take him--to be a lab cat, or to keep as a pet.

Kraut
July 31st 06, 05:36 PM
>ok,this is weird, i let Oreo in about 3 am this morn to eat,that's normal ,
>i noticed a whitish patch about an inch long & almost as wide on his back
>just below his shoulderblades, i thought "well he just got into some paint
>somewhere,i'll try to remove it later, well, as i was bending down to look
>at it, i said "good grief!' his fur looked (& felt) as if it had been
>shaved off !!!!! it was smooth,not bloody or ragged looking,but looked
>slightly irritated. could he have gotten caught on something that did that,
>or did someone pin my baby down & shave him ???!!??? that's the only spot i
>found but it's got me worried that it could happen again,i just let him back
>outside a couple hr. ago,he's so used to coming & going as he pleases it's
>hard to keep him in,he starts crying & scratching on the door if i do'nt let
>him out!

And you let him back out ?!?!?!?

What do you use that thing on your shoulders for other then a hat
rack ?!?!?

StephanieM
July 31st 06, 06:51 PM
I have a cat that will pull out her hair in patches. No explanation as
to why. She seems healthy, but she is a little high strung at times.

kraut wrote:
> >ok,this is weird, i let Oreo in about 3 am this morn to eat,that's normal ,
> >i noticed a whitish patch about an inch long & almost as wide on his back
> >just below his shoulderblades, i thought "well he just got into some paint
> >somewhere,i'll try to remove it later, well, as i was bending down to look
> >at it, i said "good grief!' his fur looked (& felt) as if it had been
> >shaved off !!!!! it was smooth,not bloody or ragged looking,but looked
> >slightly irritated. could he have gotten caught on something that did that,
> >or did someone pin my baby down & shave him ???!!??? that's the only spot i
> >found but it's got me worried that it could happen again,i just let him back
> >outside a couple hr. ago,he's so used to coming & going as he pleases it's
> >hard to keep him in,he starts crying & scratching on the door if i do'nt let
> >him out!
> >

> And you let him back out ?!?!?!?
>
> What do you use that thing on your shoulders for other then a hat
> rack ?!?!?

angel
July 31st 06, 08:53 PM
StephanieM wrote:
> I have a cat that will pull out her hair in patches. No explanation as
> to why. She seems healthy, but she is a little high strung at times.

that sounds like a nervous thing to do

Rhonda
August 1st 06, 12:44 AM
It sounds like he scraped it on something, you might put some iodine or
betadine on to help it heal.

For his safety he's better off inside, especially at night. Crying and
scratching is a kid-thing to do and you are the adult. Pretend he's a
human toddler whining and whining to go outside, but you have to say no.
He'll get used to it. Right now, all he knows is if he cries loud or
long enough, he gets to go out.

Rhonda