PDA

View Full Version : Special litter to detect blood in urine?

Catherine Recart
July 31st 06, 10:08 PM
Hello,

I read somewhere that there is a special litter that detects blood in the
cat's urine (it changes colour). Does anyone know anything about it? I saw a
sort of orange (kind of salmon) spot in my cat's litter tray, and it happend
again (like 4 days later). Nobody else in my house sees the difference, but
I do (I am the one who cleans her tray, so....), and I am a little worried.

Thanks,

Catherine

MaryL
July 31st 06, 10:30 PM
"Catherine Recart" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I read somewhere that there is a special litter that detects blood in the
> cat's urine (it changes colour). Does anyone know anything about it? I saw
> a sort of orange (kind of salmon) spot in my cat's litter tray, and it
> happend again (like 4 days later). Nobody else in my house sees the
> difference, but I do (I am the one who cleans her tray, so....), and I am
> a little worried.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Catherine

Check out this link. I have never used it, but it sounds like this may be
what you are looking for: http://tinyurl.com/ezghc

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Recent pics: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

MaryL
July 31st 06, 10:58 PM
news:%[email protected]

> "Catherine Recart" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I read somewhere that there is a special litter that detects blood in the
>> cat's urine (it changes colour). Does anyone know anything about it? I
>> saw a sort of orange (kind of salmon) spot in my cat's litter tray, and
>> it happend again (like 4 days later). Nobody else in my house sees the
>> difference, but I do (I am the one who cleans her tray, so....), and I am
>> a little worried.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Catherine
>>

> Check out this link. I have never used it, but it sounds like this may be
> what you are looking for: http://tinyurl.com/ezghc
>
> MaryL

I just noticed that the page I referenced shows out of stock (but another
PetSmart site might have it). Here is anothr possibility. This site lists
several test kits, and one is to detect blood in urine. Again, I have never
used the product.(and I would personally call the vet if I saw orange color,
although it is possible that color could be picked up from dye in certain
foods) http://www.early-care.com/new_page_18.php

MaryL

Phil P.
August 1st 06, 12:32 AM
"Catherine Recart" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I read somewhere that there is a special litter that detects blood in the
> cat's urine (it changes colour). Does anyone know anything about it? I saw
> sort of orange (kind of salmon) spot in my cat's litter tray, and it
happend
> again (like 4 days later). Nobody else in my house sees the difference,
but
> I do (I am the one who cleans her tray, so....), and I am a little
worried.

> Thanks,
>
> Catherine

Hemalert Feline Urinary Blood Detection System - made by Purina.

Phil