PDA

View Full Version : question

GEMINI TWINS
August 1st 06, 09:18 AM
I got an adult female cat and 3 kittens
the kittens are 2 months old i feed them from the same dish i fed the
mother and give them
a mix of dry food and canned food
lately one or 2 of my kitties got lot's of gas and diarrhea.
so i want to know if is that's related to the food or the mother's milk?
and if is the food whats kind of food should i give to the kitties?
thank you

Gail
August 1st 06, 10:43 AM
The kittens should be fed high quality canned cat food. You can find these
in pet stores. They should also be seen by a vet and provide stool samples
for each one. Most kittens have worms and this will cause gas and
diarrhea.Do not give them milk.
Gail
"GEMINI TWINS" > wrote in message
>I got an adult female cat and 3 kittens
> the kittens are 2 months old i feed them from the same dish i fed the
> mother and give them
> a mix of dry food and canned food
> lately one or 2 of my kitties got lot's of gas and diarrhea.
> so i want to know if is that's related to the food or the mother's milk?
> and if is the food whats kind of food should i give to the kitties?
> thank you

Michelle
August 1st 06, 11:38 PM
Make sure the kittens are getting kitten food. It's a lot higher in fat
and protein which kittens need more of since they are growing fast.
Good brands I've liked are Nutro or Royal Canin but those can be
pricey...Iams, Science Diet or even Purina One should be ok if you
can't spend so much.

If they are just getting the gas and diarrhea recently I don't think
it's their mom's milk. Take them to the vet if changing the food
doesn't help.