PDA

View Full Version : worming

looby_lou
August 1st 06, 03:18 PM
hi there my cat gizzy had 5 kittens 2 weeks ago i am a bit concerend as my
cat was treated for fleas b4 she had her litter and they now have fleas, plus
i was wondering how old does the kittens need to be before i worm them i am
new to this as my cat is a first time mother any other usful tips as well
would be very welcome, i love my cat very much and dont want anything to
happen to her babies so please give me all the advice you can much
appritiated from looby and gizzy x

Gail
August 1st 06, 03:28 PM
The kittens should be seen by a vet and wormed by a vet. It is dangerous to
worm them yourself. Also, please purchase a flea comb and comb the fleas
from the kittens. Kittens are fragile and the fleas will debilitate them.
Also, please have your cat spayed. There are too many unwanted cats and
kittens already. Also, your cat will be healthier spayed.
Gail
"looby_lou" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> hi there my cat gizzy had 5 kittens 2 weeks ago i am a bit concerend as my
> cat was treated for fleas b4 she had her litter and they now have fleas,
> plus
> i was wondering how old does the kittens need to be before i worm them i
> am
> new to this as my cat is a first time mother any other usful tips as well
> would be very welcome, i love my cat very much and dont want anything to
> happen to her babies so please give me all the advice you can much
> appritiated from looby and gizzy x

Kraut
August 1st 06, 04:24 PM
I agree the kitten should be dewormed by a vet. I know that that
seems to be a broken record here that when anyone asks advice they are
told to "See a vet" but that is the best advice a person can give most
of the time.

Kittens are to fragile IMO to be given any OTC meds fpr anything.
They should not be treated with flea meds but as mentioned earlier be
combed with a flea comb.