PDA

View Full Version : Tiger has changed

---MIKE---
August 1st 06, 06:24 PM
Tiger used to like to lay on his back with his feet splayed out. Since
he was shaved (three weeks ago) he has not done this at all. Maybe he
was doing this in an effort to cool off (he did it in the winter too)
and now with all the fur removed he doesn't need to. I miss seeing him
do that.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

cybercat
August 1st 06, 06:49 PM
"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
Tiger used to like to lay on his back with his feet splayed out. Since
he was shaved (three weeks ago) he has not done this at all. Maybe he
was doing this in an effort to cool off (he did it in the winter too)
and now with all the fur removed he doesn't need to. I miss seeing him
do that.

It'll grow back. Hair is like that. ;)

John Ross Mc Master
August 1st 06, 07:38 PM
On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:24:51 -0400, (---MIKE---)
wrote:

>Tiger used to like to lay on his back with his feet splayed out. Since
>he was shaved (three weeks ago) he has not done this at all. Maybe he
>was doing this in an effort to cool off (he did it in the winter too)
>and now with all the fur removed he doesn't need to. I miss seeing him
>do that.
>

> ---MIKE---
>>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
> >> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

When they display their bellies it's true trust and love! Won't see
that ever in a feral.

Michelle
August 1st 06, 11:35 PM
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if being shaved made him feel more
vulnerable...the belly up position requires a bit of confidence in a
cat :)

I bet he starts doing it again once the weather cools or his hair is
all back, whichever comes first.

---MIKE--- wrote:
> Tiger used to like to lay on his back with his feet splayed out. Since
> he was shaved (three weeks ago) he has not done this at all. Maybe he
> was doing this in an effort to cool off (he did it in the winter too)
> and now with all the fur removed he doesn't need to. I miss seeing him
> do that.
>

> ---MIKE---
> >>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
> >> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

---MIKE---
August 1st 06, 11:35 PM
A little while ago I saw Tiger on his back. This was the first time in
three weeks.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

dgk
August 2nd 06, 12:57 PM
On 1 Aug 2006 15:35:22 -0700, "Michelle" >
wrote:

>Also, I wouldn't be surprised if being shaved made him feel more
>vulnerable...the belly up position requires a bit of confidence in a
>cat :)
>
>I bet he starts doing it again once the weather cools or his hair is
>all back, whichever comes first.

It can't be confidence. Nipsy is the biggest wuss in the world and
does that.

dgk
August 2nd 06, 12:59 PM
On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 18:35:43 -0400, (---MIKE---)
wrote:

>A little while ago I saw Tiger on his back. This was the first time in
>three weeks.
>

> ---MIKE---

Glad things are back to normal.