PDA

View Full Version : I touched Bruver!

Shirley2307
August 1st 06, 05:22 PM
While maMA and Bruver were eating on the bench this morning, I just kept
creeping closer. Slowly put my hand on the bench rail. He jumped down but
came right back (for food). While he was eating, I just brushed my finger
across his fur. He didn't love it and jumped down once, but he didn't run
away, and then he jumped back up!

--
ShirleyB,
Rexie, Loki and maMA's Mom

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz
Pictures of Bruver: http://tinyurl.com/f5jrq

Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
Webmaster: http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

Adrian A
August 1st 06, 05:47 PM
Shirley2307 wrote:
> While maMA and Bruver were eating on the bench this morning, I just
> kept creeping closer. Slowly put my hand on the bench rail. He jumped
> down but came right back (for food). While he was eating, I just
> brushed my finger across his fur. He didn't love it and jumped down
> once, but he didn't run away, and then he jumped back up!

Awwwwwwww, progress! :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Christina Websell
August 1st 06, 06:14 PM
"Shirley2307" > wrote in message

> While maMA and Bruver were eating on the bench this morning, I just kept
> creeping closer. Slowly put my hand on the bench rail. He jumped down but
> came right back (for food). While he was eating, I just brushed my finger
> across his fur. He didn't love it and jumped down once, but he didn't run
> away, and then he jumped back up!

Wow! Great news - it reminds me of my progress with Boyfriend in 2003/4.
I gradually moved the food inside the house. First of all just inside the
doorway and after a week or so, a little bit further inside the kitchen.
It took absolutely ages before he would not bolt outside the minute he saw
me. Even longer before he would let me run my finger along his back while
he was eating, but just look at him now!
Congratulations and keep on with it. It might take another year but it is
really worth it.
FWIW do NOT whip him away to the vet to be neutered as soon as he trusts you
to pick him up, otherwise you will lose him. I did this to a feral female
once who had kittens in my paddock and the minute she was home she
disappeared. I wish I had waited to forge a better relationship.
Softly, softly, catchee monkey. He's been entire for this long, another few
months will make all the difference between him trusting you or not and
if/when he does you can bring him inside.

Tweed

mlbriggs
August 1st 06, 06:23 PM
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:22:13 +0000, Shirley2307 wrote:

> While maMA and Bruver were eating on the bench this morning, I just kept
> creeping closer. Slowly put my hand on the bench rail. He jumped down but
> came right back (for food). While he was eating, I just brushed my finger
> across his fur. He didn't love it and jumped down once, but he didn't run
> away, and then he jumped back up!

Do you "sweet talk" him while he eats? A nice, soothing voice should
help. Best wishes, MLB

Karen
August 1st 06, 07:13 PM
Excellent!!!

"Shirley2307" > wrote in message

> While maMA and Bruver were eating on the bench this morning, I just kept
> creeping closer. Slowly put my hand on the bench rail. He jumped down but
> came right back (for food). While he was eating, I just brushed my finger
> across his fur. He didn't love it and jumped down once, but he didn't run
> away, and then he jumped back up!
>

> --
> ShirleyB,
> Rexie, Loki and maMA's Mom
>
> Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
> Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
> Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz
> Pictures of Bruver: http://tinyurl.com/f5jrq
>
> Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
> Webmaster: http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

Marina
August 1st 06, 08:24 PM
Shirley2307 wrote:
> While maMA and Bruver were eating on the bench this morning, I just kept
> creeping closer. Slowly put my hand on the bench rail. He jumped down but
> came right back (for food). While he was eating, I just brushed my finger
> across his fur. He didn't love it and jumped down once, but he didn't run
> away, and then he jumped back up!

Excellent news!

Shirley2307
August 1st 06, 10:48 PM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in
:

> "Shirley2307" > wrote in message
>>

> FWIW do NOT whip him away to the vet to be neutered as soon as he
> trusts you to pick him up, otherwise you will lose him. I did this to
> a feral female once who had kittens in my paddock and the minute she
> was home she disappeared. I wish I had waited to forge a better
> relationship. Softly, softly, catchee monkey. He's been entire for
> this long, another few months will make all the difference between him
> trusting you or not and if/when he does you can bring him inside.
>
> Tweed

Yes, I've been thinking about that. Thought I'd really get him to bond
with us (me), then later, get him neutered.

I keep reminding people in the neighborhood that there's an un-neutered
male running around. Forewarned!

--
ShirleyB,
Rexie, Loki and maMA's Mom

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz
Pictures of Bruver: http://tinyurl.com/f5jrq

Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
Webmaster: http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

Shirley2307
August 1st 06, 10:48 PM
mlbriggs > wrote in
:

> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:22:13 +0000, Shirley2307 wrote:
>

>> While maMA and Bruver were eating on the bench this morning, I just
>> kept creeping closer. Slowly put my hand on the bench rail. He jumped
>> down but came right back (for food). While he was eating, I just
>> brushed my finger across his fur. He didn't love it and jumped down
>> once, but he didn't run away, and then he jumped back up!
>

> Do you "sweet talk" him while he eats? A nice, soothing voice should
> help. Best wishes, MLB

Yes, my husband says I"m nuts, but I baby-talk to Bruver all the time.

--
ShirleyB,
Rexie, Loki and maMA's Mom

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz
Pictures of Bruver: http://tinyurl.com/f5jrq

Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
Webmaster: http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

Ann
August 2nd 06, 02:49 AM
Wonderful news.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos
"Shirley2307" > wrote in message

> While maMA and Bruver were eating on the bench this morning, I just kept
> creeping closer. Slowly put my hand on the bench rail. He jumped down but
> came right back (for food). While he was eating, I just brushed my finger
> across his fur. He didn't love it and jumped down once, but he didn't run
> away, and then he jumped back up!
>

> --
> ShirleyB,
> Rexie, Loki and maMA's Mom
>
> Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
> Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
> Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz
> Pictures of Bruver: http://tinyurl.com/f5jrq
>
> Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
> Webmaster: http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

Takayuki
August 2nd 06, 03:10 AM
Shirley2307 > wrote:
>While maMA and Bruver were eating on the bench this morning, I just kept
>creeping closer. Slowly put my hand on the bench rail. He jumped down but
>came right back (for food). While he was eating, I just brushed my finger
>across his fur. He didn't love it and jumped down once, but he didn't run
>away, and then he jumped back up!

Good progress! I didn't think you could even stand next to him yet.
So is he soft? :) He sure is cute.

Shirley2307
August 2nd 06, 04:37 AM
Takayuki > wrote in
:

> Shirley2307 > wrote:
>>While maMA and Bruver were eating on the bench this morning, I just
>>kept creeping closer. Slowly put my hand on the bench rail. He jumped
>>down but came right back (for food). While he was eating, I just
>>brushed my finger across his fur. He didn't love it and jumped down
>>once, but he didn't run away, and then he jumped back up!
>
> Good progress! I didn't think you could even stand next to him yet.
> So is he soft? :) He sure is cute.

He felt soft, but I can't wait to get a comb thru that hair (I know that
will be a long way down the line). There are little burrs and matts in it.

--
ShirleyB,
Rexie, Loki and maMA's Mom

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex: http://tinyurl.com/bvtjv
Pictures of Loki: http://tinyurl.com/9exao
Pictures of Mama & Kits: http://tinyurl.com/e5edz
Pictures of Bruver: http://tinyurl.com/f5jrq

Homepage: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com
Webmaster: http://www.vinotecawinebar.com

Takayuki
August 2nd 06, 05:28 AM
Shirley2307 > wrote:
>He felt soft, but I can't wait to get a comb thru that hair (I know that
>will be a long way down the line). There are little burrs and matts in it.

Maybe even a lion-cut. It would definitely suit him.

Adrian A
August 2nd 06, 12:13 PM
Shirley2307 wrote:
> mlbriggs > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:22:13 +0000, Shirley2307 wrote:
>>

>>> While maMA and Bruver were eating on the bench this morning, I just
>>> kept creeping closer. Slowly put my hand on the bench rail. He
>>> jumped down but came right back (for food). While he was eating, I
>>> just brushed my finger across his fur. He didn't love it and jumped
>>> down once, but he didn't run away, and then he jumped back up!
>>

>> Do you "sweet talk" him while he eats? A nice, soothing voice should
>> help. Best wishes, MLB
>>

> Yes, my husband says I"m nuts, but I baby-talk to Bruver all the time.

If that makes you nuts, then you're a good kind of nut. :-)