PDA

View Full Version : More pix of my cat

Charlie Wilkes
August 4th 06, 01:18 AM
I took a couple pix of Tweaker yesterday that seem to capture his
casual, friendly personality and I posted them as a single file in
alt.binaries.pictures.animals.

Charlie

bobmarley
August 4th 06, 03:01 AM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> I took a couple pix of Tweaker yesterday that seem to capture his
> casual, friendly personality and I posted them as a single file in
> alt.binaries.pictures.animals.

you did?

I can't never seem to find them
ill try again

it's just another group in my reader right...
hmmm

I reckon I can look for you name in the list...
I usually post through google, lately i've been fornicating with operas
reader

bobmarley
August 4th 06, 03:30 AM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> I took a couple pix of Tweaker yesterday that seem to capture his

> Charlie

instead of a pic, a long page of letters show up
but i see someone replied to you saying they like the picture

so i guess opera reader sux

Charlie Wilkes
August 4th 06, 04:41 AM
On 3 Aug 2006 19:30:20 -0700, "bobmarley" >
wrote:

>Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>> I took a couple pix of Tweaker yesterday that seem to capture his
>
>> Charlie
>
>instead of a pic, a long page of letters show up
>but i see someone replied to you saying they like the picture
>
>so i guess opera reader sux

Good lord man. Don't you ever look at porn on Usenet? It's a rich
resource, not to be missed by anyone who masturbates. But you have to
decode it from ascii back to binary.

The Opera newsreader must have a built-in script to do that.
Otherwise you can save the post as a text file, download uudeview, and
run it from a console. It's a b64 attachment, not one of those
goddamn yEncs.

Charlie

bobmarley
August 6th 06, 04:05 AM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:
<he let his cat outside>

*shaking my head

Charlie Wilkes
August 6th 06, 06:14 AM
On 5 Aug 2006 20:05:22 -0700, "bobmarley" >
wrote:

>Charlie Wilkes wrote:
><he let his cat outside>
>
>*shaking my head

Indeed. I sometimes let him out when I am there to supervise
directly. He is one of those cats who can be taken for a walk, so I
do that sometimes too. He makes it pretty easy for me to maintain him
as an indoor cat, because he doesn't usually want to go outside, and
he is very tidy with his litterbox habits.

Did you figure out how to decode the binary in Opera, or did you have
to use a 3d party widget?

Tools in my Usenet binary arsenal:

-- Ydec.exe, a console utility for yEnc files, because my version of
Agent is pre-yEnc

-- Rar32.exe, console utility for .rar archives

-- QuickPar, for fixing archives with errors (usually yEnc that passed
through an older server or modem).

-- Gspot, for figuring out what kind of codec a given .avi file
requires

-- Mastroska for those damned ogg vorbis files

-- Simple File Joiner, because sometimes archives still need to be
joined after decoding

-- 7zip for people who are too goddamn special to use normal methods
of compression

Soemtimes, I swear, people go out of their way to post binaries that
are as tricky to handle as possible. Others are just clueless. But
my motto is, "if I want it, and it's there, I'm by god gonna get it."

Charlie

bobmarley
August 6th 06, 06:43 AM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> Indeed. I sometimes let him out when I am there to supervise
> directly. He is one of those cats who can be taken for a walk, so I
> do that sometimes too. He makes it pretty easy for me to maintain him
> as an indoor cat, because he doesn't usually want to go outside, and
> he is very tidy with his litterbox habits.

that's nice, I tell ya, if I lived out in the county, I would let the
cats come and go as they please, I just would. I think I would also
have several dogs to look over them, and ward of any bad animals.
<rolling my eyes>

> Did you figure out how to decode the binary in Opera, or did you have
> to use a 3d party widget?

uudview thing you suggested worked great

only thing, it's like a pig in a poke, you don't really know what
your'e getting till you decode it, i hate being shocked

rof

otherwise it's click, wait, save as, show desktop, drag drop, preview,
go, then you might get shocked by what you see

being the genius that I am, I put the process on the assembly line...to
decode a batch, then I got multiple shocks

> Tools in my Usenet binary arsenal:
>
> -- Ydec.exe, a console utility for yEnc files, because my version of
> Agent is pre-yEnc
>
> -- Rar32.exe, console utility for .rar archives

i've used the gui ver for years

> -- QuickPar, for fixing archives with errors (usually yEnc that passed
> through an older server or modem).
>
> -- Gspot, for figuring out what kind of codec a given .avi file
> requires

I'd like to have a copy of that

> -- Mastroska for those damned ogg vorbis files

I know ogg vorbis tried to replace mp3 audio compression
then there is lame_enc.dill and blade_enc.dill
these also have console utilities

> -- Simple File Joiner, because sometimes archives still need to be
> joined after decoding

geeeee...

yes Charlie, you will get those files

you was probably involved when it was easy to do, but now it is an
art-form

> -- 7zip for people who are too goddamn special to use normal methods
> of compression

you're familiar with google groups, I tried to post the ascii into a
post to show you, not realizing it was the actual picture data..
googles web gui, recognized it as a binary..and wouldn't let me post
it. interesting.

about pictures, there was word several years ago that terrorist were
embedding communication to each other by way of pictures... now I see
how they could do that.

I have several dedicated cd disks, each one is a compilation for
certain things, like spyware removal arsenal, studio recording arsenal,
video editing suite etc...
ill have to make a disk with the tools you mentioned

bigbad

Charlie Wilkes
August 6th 06, 09:32 AM
On 5 Aug 2006 22:43:26 -0700
"bobmarley" > wrote:

> Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> > Indeed. I sometimes let him out when I am there to supervise
> > directly. He is one of those cats who can be taken for a walk, so I
> > do that sometimes too. He makes it pretty easy for me to maintain
> > him as an indoor cat, because he doesn't usually want to go outside,
> > and he is very tidy with his litterbox habits.
>
> that's nice, I tell ya, if I lived out in the county, I would let the
> cats come and go as they please, I just would. I think I would also
> have several dogs to look over them, and ward of any bad animals.
> <rolling my eyes>
>
> > Did you figure out how to decode the binary in Opera, or did you
> > have to use a 3d party widget?
>
> uudview thing you suggested worked great
>
> only thing, it's like a pig in a poke, you don't really know what
> your'e getting till you decode it, i hate being shocked
>
> rof
>
> otherwise it's click, wait, save as, show desktop, drag drop, preview,
> go, then you might get shocked by what you see
>
> being the genius that I am, I put the process on the assembly
> line...to decode a batch, then I got multiple shocks
>
> > Tools in my Usenet binary arsenal:
> >
> > -- Ydec.exe, a console utility for yEnc files, because my version of
> > Agent is pre-yEnc
> >
> > -- Rar32.exe, console utility for .rar archives
>
> i've used the gui ver for years

I'm too cheap to pay for something like that.

> > -- QuickPar, for fixing archives with errors (usually yEnc that
> > passed through an older server or modem).
> >
> > -- Gspot, for figuring out what kind of codec a given .avi file
> > requires
>
> I'd like to have a copy of that

It's a free download.

> > -- Mastroska for those damned ogg vorbis files
>
> I know ogg vorbis tried to replace mp3 audio compression
> then there is lame_enc.dill and blade_enc.dill
> these also have console utilities

Ogg vorbis codecs are also used for video files with an .avi extension
but no resemblance to MS .avi and requiring a special player. I think
they allow a slightly tighter compression.

Lame is my favorite mp3 ripper. Again, I'm happy with the console
version.

> > -- Simple File Joiner, because sometimes archives still need to be
> > joined after decoding
>
> geeeee...
>
> yes Charlie, you will get those files
>
> you was probably involved when it was easy to do, but now it is an
> art-form

It used to be harder. You could look for a newsreader that handles
binaries automatically.

> > -- 7zip for people who are too goddamn special to use normal methods
> > of compression
>
> you're familiar with google groups, I tried to post the ascii into a
> post to show you, not realizing it was the actual picture data..
> googles web gui, recognized it as a binary..and wouldn't let me post
> it. interesting.
>
> about pictures, there was word several years ago that terrorist were
> embedding communication to each other by way of pictures... now I see
> how they could do that.

Yeah. That is called steganography, but it's a different concept,
really. Converting binary pix to ascii is necessary because Usenet is a
pure-ascii medium. yEnc achieves tighter compression, but it does so by
using characters that are reserved for control functions by certain
kinds of older servers, and by some modems, so it's a mess as far as I'm
concerned. But, when someone posts an 800mb video, bandwidth really
matters. My Starband modem/router is fine with yEnc, and of course
Easynews is up-to-speed.

Apologies in advance if this doesn't wrap. I'm playing around with a
different newsreader.

Charlie