PDA

View Full Version : Cool Cat Names

Mr E
August 4th 06, 11:35 AM
Mines is called Kovu

Anyone better that???

Better still anyone any idea where I got the name??

Lesley
August 4th 06, 11:55 AM
Mr E wrote:
> Mines is called Kovu
>
> Anyone better that???
>
> Better still anyone any idea where I got the name??

A character in the "Lion King"?

Okay try finding out where these 3 names come from:

Fugazi, RDNZL and Sarrasine and yes they are all cats I have been owned
by along with Speedy Joe and Isis. RDNZL and Sarrasine are the current
Fabulous Furballs

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Mr E
August 4th 06, 01:14 PM
Fugazi, I have learned that this can mean several things however there was a
band called marrilion in the late 70's early 80's who had a song called
Fugazi, it is also itillian for pizza. and viatnameese slang for f***ed up
and Sarrasine stands for chaos. am I correct?? do you have crazy cats??

"Lesley" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Mr E wrote:
>> Mines is called Kovu
>>
>> Anyone better that???
>>
>> Better still anyone any idea where I got the name??
>
> A character in the "Lion King"?
>

> Okay try finding out where these 3 names come from:
>
> Fugazi, RDNZL and Sarrasine and yes they are all cats I have been owned
> by along with Speedy Joe and Isis. RDNZL and Sarrasine are the current
> Fabulous Furballs
>
> Lesley
>

> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

StarseekR
August 4th 06, 01:32 PM
> Mines is called Kovu
> Anyone better that???

I'm not sure if mine is any BETTER, but it is funny how well my kittens
fit their names! I have two Bengals named Ares and Athene. (Yep, they
are from the breeder's A-litter.)

I learned in school that Ares was the greek war god of close quarter
combat and fierce battles. Athene was the goddess of wisdom as well as
the war goddess - she was the one for tactics and higher strategies.
Now, my Ares is a complete maniac when he gets in a playful mood: he'll
run rampage, swat at everything on his way, speed up so hard he
sometimes misjudges and bounces off things that are on his path of
mayhem. Athene on the other hand likes to find a higher location, like
on the sofa's armrest, and get a overwiev before she enters the battle.
She prefers to sneak up on things, stay hidden and study her target
before she moves in for the kill.

I've been thinking maybe I should ask the breeder for adresses for the
others that got kittens from that litter - they were all named for
greek gods and godesses (Afrodite, Aremis and Apollon) and I wonder if
they are all as aptly named as mine :)

Lesley
August 4th 06, 01:38 PM
Mr E wrote:
> Fugazi, I have learned that this can mean several things however there was a
> band called marrilion in the late 70's early 80's who had a song called
> Fugazi, it is also itillian for pizza. and viatnameese slang for f***ed up
> and Sarrasine stands for chaos. am I correct?? do you have crazy cats??

Fugazi was the title of a Marillion album and also a band. I don't know
about the Italian connection but the word is Vietnamese for "chaos" and
was used by US troops in Vietnam as another version of "fubar".

Sarrasine is a short story by Balzac but the name is a corruption of
the French medieval word "Sarrasin" which comes from the much older
"Saracen", which means "a dark skinned person" (she's a black cat and
a very definite person!). It's also apparently been used for a type
of hearse, a region of France and an avant-garde film

Did you get anything for RDNZL? And I was nice, I spelt it in the
original form rather than the phonetic spelling I use when talking to
people about her

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

PS Of course I have crazy cats, doesn't everyone?

Mr E
August 4th 06, 02:47 PM
Lesley you have put a lot of thought into your cats names ill give you that!
My cat at the moment is going crazy with his bag! he looks the spitting
image of Felix but I didnt think it very original to call him that. I have a
cockatiel named Kiara so thought it would be nice to call him Kovu, and
before you ask the cat n bird and flounder my fish all get on fine.
"Mr E" > wrote in message
> Mines is called Kovu
>
> Anyone better that???
>
> Better still anyone any idea where I got the name??

Lesley
August 4th 06, 02:55 PM
Mr E wrote:
> Lesley you have put a lot of thought into your cats names ill give you that!

Not really, they suit their names. Fugazi (RB) was chaos. Sarrasine is
a dark skinned person and RDNZL bounces!

(It's pronounced Redunzel and is the title of a Frank Zappa
instrumental piece inspired by a kitten (Which he called RDNZL but his
little boy renamed kitten) bouncing about)

> My cat at the moment is going crazy with his bag! he looks the spitting
> image of Felix but I didnt think it very original to call him that. I have a
> cockatiel named Kiara so thought it would be nice to call him Kovu, and
> before you ask the cat n bird and flounder my fish all get on fine.

As long as you don't leave them in the room together ;-)))))

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Mr E
August 4th 06, 03:26 PM
Lesley they are in the same room from about 8:30 am till 4 in the afternoon
while am working lol my cat is too much of a suke to gofor the bird or fish.
he doesnt even like going out the door! he is just over 2 years old and his
paws are still pure pink like kittens.
"Lesley" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Mr E wrote:
>> Lesley you have put a lot of thought into your cats names ill give you
>> that!
>
> Not really, they suit their names. Fugazi (RB) was chaos. Sarrasine is
> a dark skinned person and RDNZL bounces!
>
> (It's pronounced Redunzel and is the title of a Frank Zappa
> instrumental piece inspired by a kitten (Which he called RDNZL but his
> little boy renamed kitten) bouncing about)
>
>> My cat at the moment is going crazy with his bag! he looks the spitting
>> image of Felix but I didnt think it very original to call him that. I
>> have a
>> cockatiel named Kiara so thought it would be nice to call him Kovu, and
>> before you ask the cat n bird and flounder my fish all get on fine.
>
> As long as you don't leave them in the room together ;-)))))
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

cybercat
August 4th 06, 05:32 PM
"Lesley" > wrote:

> (It's pronounced Redunzel and is the title of a Frank Zappa
> instrumental piece inspired by a kitten (Which he called RDNZL but his
> little boy renamed kitten)

This reminds me of when Frank's son Ahmet, tired of the other kids calling
him "Ahmet-vomit," changed his name to Rick. After which they commenced
calling him "Rick the Dick."

Mr E
August 4th 06, 07:40 PM
Thats true Rene! Never noticed that mistake tee hee

"Rene S." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Lesley wrote:
>> Mr E wrote:
>> > Mines is called Kovu
>> >
>> > Anyone better that???
>> >
>> > Better still anyone any idea where I got the name??
>>
>> A character in the "Lion King"?
>
> Actually, Kovu was a character from Lion King II. :)

StarseekR
August 4th 06, 08:44 PM
bobmarley skrev:
> Hello, my Name is Stalk-R, I was wondering what you named your cat

I say PRFFF to you ^^ Of course I would not ask for adresses, it was a
bad idea, written down before I tought of it. It DOES sound like I'm
some nut stalking my cats' siblings. If I really were to do it, I'd
just ask the breeder - I know she likes to keep in touch with the
buyers and check up on how "her" kittens are doing :) she would know.

(about the starseekR thing: i'm a old-time chatter, using EFNet where
they won't allow nicks longer than 9 symbols, and since i've had
starseeker as a nick for as long as i've been using a pc, i had to
shorten it down ;))